Soul Bro

2019-2020 Official Trade Ideas Thread

1 minute ago, Luke_FfS said:

I'm not a draft expert but for what I've read this year is quite a weak class, maybe he could get us the pick, but what's the point on trading him for something unknown? More than that, I'm against trade Gordon before seeing him in a diffent system with different teammates and priorities.

Golden state is the team to watch with us i feel. 

AG and whatever for a top 3 pick. 

Just chucking ideas out there

If the Bulls are interested in Vooch then what about: Vooch, Fournier, 1st 2020 unprotected for Lavine, Otto Porter Jr? Not sure about salaries matching or if the Bulls would move on from Lavine so soon but he doesn't seem happy

18 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

Golden state is the team to watch with us i feel. 

AG and whatever for a top 3 pick.

I'm already very disappointed with that management/team, if they do that, I would probably cry.

In the other thread you wrote we have the 5th payroll in the league, GS is very high too, so they couldn't absorb any contract and in that deal they would have to give back a player with similar salary. Only one is Draymond Green, and his contract/role does not make sense for us. Multiple players? Don't really see that.

22 minutes ago, Luke_FfS said:

I'm already very disappointed with that management/team, if they do that, I would probably cry.

In the other thread you wrote we have the 5th payroll in the league, GS is very high too, so they couldn't absorb any contract and in that deal they would have to give back a player with similar salary. Only one is Draymond Green, and his contract/role does not make sense for us. Multiple players? Don't really see that.

They have a $17.2M trade exception from the Iguodala trade that expires 10/24/20.  It's not enough by itself to get Gordon, but they could use it to acquire another trade chip to facilitate the deal.

19 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

Do you think AG could get us a top pick in this coming draft?

I wanna keep him myself and see him without Vooch/Evan 

Maybe. Rather have an unprotected 2021 pick though. That draft is way better than this one.

47 minutes ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

They have a $17.2M trade exception from the Iguodala trade that expires 10/24/20.  It's not enough by itself to get Gordon, but they could use it to acquire another trade chip to facilitate the deal.

I didn't know about the trade exception, thanks for the info, the trade exception + the salary value of the pick maybe can make it.

But still, they've an incredibly high payroll, I'm not sure they're going to pay a ton of millions on repeated offense tax for... Gordon. I mean, it's not like paying it for KD...

The Minnesota Timberwolves would be an interesting landing spot for the Magic’s 2018 first-round pick.

The Minnesota Timberwolves still need a rim protecting presence on their team. With Karl-Anthony Towns and Naz Reid both being more offensive-minded bigs, finding a player that can raise the floor of a team’s defense would drastically improve that end of the floor for a team that is already good offensively.

Mohamed Bamba, the Orlando Magic’s first round pick in 2018, has yet to live up to expectations, but does show a tremendous amount of promise when e does see the floor.

Bamba, 22 years old, is going to be entering the third year of his contract, and currently gets less than fifteen minutes per game for a Magic team that had a loaded frontcourt with Jonathan IsaacAaron GordonNikola Vucevic, and Al-Farouq Aminu. Bamba, the odd man out, could receive even less minutes after 2019 first-round pick Chuma Okeke returns from his injury.

Regardless of his situation, Bamba has shown a lot of promise as a modern-day center. Over the course of his two-year-long career, he is averaging 5.4 points, 4.9 rebounds, 0.7 assists, and 1.4 blocks (only two fouls per game).

For a center only getting about 15 minutes per game while not being in the future plans for the Magic (as seen with Vucevic getting a four-year contract extension last offseason), this would be an interesting offer for Gersson Rosas to possibly send to Orlando:

https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.fansided.com%2Flogos%2Fnba%2Ftimberwolves.png
TIMBERWOLVES GET
MO BAMBA, C
2020 MAGIC 2ND ROUND PICK
https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.fansided.com%2Flogos%2Fnba%2Fmagic.png
MAGIC GET
2020 NETS 1ST ROUND PICK (15-17 OVERALL)

https://dunkingwithwolves.com/2020/08/12/minnesota-timberwolves-mo-bamba-great-trade-target/

I'd like to think Mo has more value than this

Pass on that trade. Gambling that Bamba improves into something better in year 3 is worth more than a pick 17 when we own pick 15 already in my opinion.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

Pass on that trade. Gambling that Bamba improves into something better in year 3 is worth more than a pick 17 when we own pick 15 already in my opinion.

What if you could then bundle 15 and 17 to move up to 10 and grab someone like Vassell?

2 minutes ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

What if you could then bundle 15 and 17 to move up to 10 and grab someone like Vassell?

Depends who's on the board at 10. Vassell I maybe do it, I think I would definitely do it for Killian Hayes. But I'd rather find any way to do that without giving up Bamba first. If Evan opts in I think trading him for an expiring and a middling first wouldn't be too difficult for example. Saying that though, having two picks in this draft could be a real advantage. It gives you two swings at finding a star rather than one. At 15 you could take like RJ Hampton or Tyrese Maxey and then at 17 take Leandro Bolmaro and leave him in Europe for a couple years. That way you get two first rounders without having a roster full or rookies next year. Maybe I would like to have 2 picks in the first round of this draft after-all. I just wouldn't want to trade Bamba to get one.