Soul Bro

2019-2020 Official Trade Ideas Thread

3 hours ago, s1n1st3r12 said:

Do you think we should still target Bridges from PHX and trade away Gordon to move Isaac to PF and start Bridges? 

I don’t think we can determine (or atleast I can’t) if we can afford to trade AG until you figure out the two situations below:

1) Did Evan opt-In? 

2) is Chuma Okeke a contributor in 2021? 

Gordon was on the block at the trade deadline last February and there was interest from teams like Golden State and Phoenix, but nothing that got close to becoming a workable deal. Gordon bounced back after a rough start but still, the Magic want to give the team over to Jonathan Isaac and Gordon just doesn’t fit with that plan. He has a contract that lines up well for a trade, declining to $18.1 million next year and $16.4 million in the final year of the deal.

Eastern Conference exec: “They were really trying to deal him before the deadline but they weren’t getting the assets back they wanted. It will be easier to move that contract when it’s only got two years left. He’s probably the most likely big name to be traded. He’s a good gamble—he is only 24.”

https://www.forbes.com/sites/seandeveney/2020/07/25/a-lot-of-talk-trade-chatter-underway-even-before-nba-restart/#41a37073e23a

11 hours ago, s1n1st3r12 said:

Do you think we should still target Bridges from PHX and trade away Gordon to move Isaac to PF and start Bridges? 

I would be very disappointed if we trade Aaron before even trying to give the keys of the team to the young group.

And we should open a topic for the 2020/21 Trade Ideas! :)

• Like 1

I love AG, he's one of my favourite Magic players since I've been a fan. I'll be sad when he's gone but it's certainly looking like he will be gone at some point. I still hold out hope that we might see AG and JI play together in the next 12-15 games and its too exciting to break up. If that doesn't happen and we do trade him I just pray that WeltHam will hold out for some big time assets. I'm not interested in James Johnson and pick 6 in this draft. (I personally don't think there's much of a drop off in talent from 6 to 16 in this draft at all, I guess if we were really in love with someone who was on the board and we traded on draft night I'd be ok with it.)

9 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

I love AG, he's one of my favourite Magic players since I've been a fan

Yeah I have liked him but the way the team is setup I just dont feel like there is room for him

6 hours ago, s1n1st3r12 said:

Yeah I have liked him but the way the team is setup I just dont feel like there is room for him

I know what you mean. 

I actually do think we could make it work with AG and Isaac playing together but it doesn't seem like Weltman and Hammond do. And I guess if you're only keeping one of them then you have to keep the potential DPOY who's 2 years younger. Makes me sad but I get it.

It also doesn't seem like Cliff does, because playing always with a lot of bigs/traditional centers, close the window for them a little more. I can see them playing together at 4/5 in small ball lineups, actually, it's a long time that I'm begging for it, that would be modern NBA, nothing that a lot of other teams have already done. But for some reason, we have played Bamba and Vuc together, Birch and Vuch too, we resemble teams of the 90's and early 2000.

I'm also sure that they can play together at 3/4, they're both going to improve their offensive abilities, and they could be a nightmare on defense (for others). So I hope that those rumours are just rumours, because I'm already seriously disappointed with that management (path to mediocrity) right now,  and if they trade Gordon before even trying to see what happens without at least one of the Fournier-Vuch pairing, that would really blow my mind.

Chicago Bulls receive: Nikola Vucevic

Orlando Magic receive: Wendell Carter Jr., Thaddeus Young, Tomas Satoransky, 2021 second-round pick

There are a million different factors behind the Bulls finishing 29th in offensive efficiency, but what if the biggest one is insufficient firepower? Zach LaVine was the only player to average more than 15 points, and Wendell Carter Jr. was the lone Windy City hooper to average double-digit points on 46-plus percent shooting.

If the Bulls, who haven't sent anyone to the All-Star Game since Jimmy Butler made the trip in 2017, want to give their offense some oxygen, putting it in the hands of Vucevic isn't a bad idea.

It's true he may not be a marquee name, and LaVine could be the club's scoring leader again next season even with him. But Vooch might be the piece that solves this offensive puzzle. The 6'11", 260-pounder, who made his first career All-Star trip in 2019, is one of only four players to average 19 points, 10 rebounds, three assists and a triple both this season and last. Joel Embiid, Karl-Anthony Towns and Nikola Jokic are the others.

Assuming Lauri Markkanen gets things back on track, there aren't many teams that will have a defensive answer for both him and Vucevic. With LaVine providing his customary volume and Coby White potentially building off his late breakout (26.1 points on 48.0/43.2/90.3 shooting his final nine outings), Chicago could have the rough outline of a top-10 attack.

For the Magic to sign off on this swap, they must be less than keen about paying Vucevic $72 million over the next three seasons. Considering he's a 29-year-old with only a single All-Star appearance on his resume and an across-the-board statistical decline this season, Orlando may decide the contract is too rich for its blood.

Carter is the prized pull, as he'd make the Magic more versatile on defense and might eventually offer some of the same distributing and shooting skills as Vooch—only the 21-year-old Carter is a cleaner fit with 22-year-olds Jonathan Isaac and Markelle Fultz. Satoransky helps ensure the ball stays moving on offense, and Young either offers plug-and-play potential to the Magic or is someone they can shop to a win-now buyer.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2903527-1-trade-to-get-starless-nba-teams-their-new-face-of-the-franchise

There's no immediate cap relief in this deal, all three are signed through 2021, while Vuc has one more year (2022 ---> when I see that I want to cry...). I would make that deal every day of the week still, even if we lose the best player for depth. Keep Carter (a piece to add to the young group) and Satoransky (a good substitute for the expiring Augustine, that could be used together with Fultz too), include Young in another deal.

Problem is: I'm not convinced at all that Chicago would be interested, and the supposed Vuc-Markkanen pairing, could be good on offense as suggested, but what about D?

I'm not a draft expert but for what I've read this year is quite a weak class, maybe he could get us the pick, but what's the point on trading him for something unknown? More than that, I'm against trade Gordon before seeing him in a diffent system with different teammates and priorities.