Soul Bro

2019-2020 Official Trade Ideas Thread

don't shoot me. But, what if were planning on trading the other power forward this summer and  GSW offer their unprotected pick this year, wolves pick next year and Wiggins for Isaac would you bite? i'm only thinking this is done on the assumption they're worried about his injury history. 

2 hours ago, harley said:

don't shoot me. But, what if were planning on trading the other power forward this summer and  GSW offer their unprotected pick this year, wolves pick next year and Wiggins for Isaac would you bite? i'm only thinking this is done on the assumption they're worried about his injury history. 

There's no chance we trade Isaac. The franchise loves him like a son. 

Two trades that would make us to a top team in the NBA

1. Vuc and this years FRP for Gobert

2. Bamba and Ross and a future FRP for Beal

Starters: Fultz/Beal/Isaac/Gordon/Gobert

Bench: Augustin or MCW/Fournier/Okeke/Aminu/Birch

Rest:Fillers

I know there is just a little chance Washington and Utah would agree to the trades. But I think our offer would be fair value.

1 hour ago, matthi32 said:

Two trades that would make us to a top team in the NBA

1. Vuc and this years FRP for Gobert

2. Bamba and Ross and a future FRP for Beal

Starters: Fultz/Beal/Isaac/Gordon/Gobert

Bench: Augustin or MCW/Fournier/Okeke/Aminu/Birch

Rest:Fillers

I know there is just a little chance Washington and Utah would agree to the trades. But I think our offer would be fair value.

The numbers don't work for your second trade - but if you kept Ross and put in Fournier instead it might. Assuming that Fournier opts in, of course. 

8 hours ago, matthi32 said:

On the ESPN trade machine it works:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yczesd62

I think we have to keep Fournier if we want Gobert long time in Orlando. 

I see why now, you were doing it as a single trade, where I was trying to do them as two separate trades. That makes a bit more sense. I'm still not sure if it truly works because the ESPN doesn't take draft picks into account - part of why I like the tradenba.com machine better. 

Magic need to trade with the Wolves,Suns, or Kings once the season ends. Basically i'm sticking to the west because trading in the east has so many obstacles.Mainly teams not wanting to trade with rivals and some of the east teams having stubborn front office execs(Bulls,Cavs,Hornets,Knicks.) Suns and Kings are definitely teams that feel they are one piece away and need front court players. Problem is will they give up the wing/scorers we need? Every team needs them and nobody trades them unless they haven't reached their potential yet OR they are about to have cap problems and the player is a second or third option. 

Sooooo, with all that as a setup. My advice to the Magic is to trade Aaron Gordon to the T-wolves for James Johnson,Jarret Culver and a pick swap this year!

Simple,effective works for both sides. I'll start with the Magic. Gordon is a great guy and likely still has upside, but he has had seven years to become a star.He is to me still our best trade asset, because of his skills and his contract.This team desperately needs a guard or wing prospects who can score! Culver is a tier 1 prospect and showed flashes of the scorer he was drafted to  be last year. If we had drafted a guard either of the last two years, this is the prototype and we couldn't do better in this draft without hindsight years from now. He is the main piece and we need someone who is young and won't have to be paid for a little while.

Next we get James Johnson who makes the salaries work and has one year left on contract. Different style then Gordon, but i believe he fits better next to Issac. Either way he is a serviceable vet who hit the 3 at a greater rate then Gordon the last 3 years. Albeit on only 3 attempts per game but like many older players he knows he is only a complimentary player.And last the Pick swap, which is very important, more for the Magic. T-wolves project to have a top 5 pick which is expensive, especially in a draft with no consensus top players. Also they already have two stars signed and a third player they are about to sign for 14-20 million a year. It's more likely they need a cheaper role player then a shot at a high upside draft pick. On our side i believe we still need another shot at a franchise player, getting another top 3 draft pick is worth it.

Ok  now from the Timberwolves perspective.They did a fantastic job of changing up the roster.Most casual fans will only focus  on the Russell/Wiggins swap.However at the same time they almost completely purged the roster of several veterans the last few years. At the same time they have a ton of wing players on super cheap contracts. Spellman,Evans,Nowell,Layman and the two players who make Culver expendable Beasley and Okogie. They have to pay Beasley this off season not sure what he will cost but since Evan Turner is expiring they have the money. They traded for him and him proved his worth, at least on the offensive side of the ball.They need a young athletic power forward to unlock their roster.

Enter Gordon, i assure you once the season ends he will pop up in Timberwolves trade rumors. Since we are taking a bigger chance i see us getting what we want which is Culver and the right to swap picks. Everything about this fits the timeline for the Wolves. The extensions for Kat and and Beasley would start next season and Russell would be in just his second year of his contract. This is why i think they would want Gordon, he fits the roster and his contract is fantastic. Don't get me wrong i would rather be the franchise who has Russell,Kat and Gordon. Unfortunately we got Mario in Kat's draft and we never went after Russell. So we have to be proactive.

So here are the advantages for the Magic. We get a young shooting guard  with the size and skills to be a two way player. He is not one right now, ain't gonna lie but that is why we could possibly trade for him.He is not a rookie, in my humble opinion getting a second year player is gold because typically players hit in the third year. We get flexibility. I think if Evan opts in having Fournier and Johnson's contract ending after next season is crucial the way things are shaping up for our future.And finally why not take one more swing at a high lottery pick? If we could get the T-wolves to give up the currently 3rd pick in the draft, why wouldn't we try?   

Had to edit: If it were possible to do a sign and trade for Malik i would probably prefer that as the basis of a T-wolves trade, just don't think that's in play.

I might be the only Magic fan alive who'd be completely happy if we go into the season without trading AG or Vuc.

EDIT: I also think there's no way the TWolves are giving up the 6th pick in last year's draft and a probable top 5 pick in this year's draft for AG. I love AG. But if you're trading those kind of assets you'd want a real star.