Soul Bro

2019-2020 Official Trade Ideas Thread

1 minute ago, ML6 said:

I just think it's a bad bet to view the peaks as anything other than occasional flashes at this point.  But I suppose the team environment issues you described could be more to blame than I personally feel they are.

And again, I'm not saying this would be my big move. 

But if we're trying to flip Gordon for a similarly valued player with similar upside and issues this is a move that makes sense

I would absolutely consider him as a buy low candidate, hoping that he's still recovering from that terrible injuring and not 100%, while having problems with Irving and the new role he has on the team. It's the kind of guy you can make a bet on IMO.

1 hour ago, Luke_FfS said:

I would absolutely consider him as a buy low candidate, hoping that he's still recovering from that terrible injuring and not 100%, while having problems with Irving and the new role he has on the team. It's the kind of guy you can make a bet on IMO.

I agree and we should have kicked the bucket on many of the same kind of trades the last few years. We need to get a few guys other teams gave up on or had too much depth to play.Clarkson,Melton and now Beasley are some of the most recent players we missed.

2 hours ago, hootie249 said:

I agree and we should have kicked the bucket on many of the same kind of trades the last few years. We need to get a few guys other teams gave up on or had too much depth to play.Clarkson,Melton and now Beasley are some of the most recent players we missed.

We really couldn't have traded for him this past year. His extension effectively made him untradable with the poison pill. Same situation as hield but the nets don't have the big contracts to send with him bridging the gap. 

Speaking of hield he's now unhappy and might request a trade which is a really great thing to do a week after the deadline

If Hield publicly vents his frustration now and says he wants out, he could slowly keep lowering and lowering his potential return the rest of the season.

Is there a way we could realistically trade for him this off-season? There would surely be a bit of competition. Could Fournier be involved in a sign and trade with them? Would they want Vuc? Surely their first request will involve Gordon.

15 minutes ago, The Boss said:

If Hield publicly vents his frustration now and says he wants out, he could slowly keep lowering and lowering his potential return the rest of the season.

Is there a way we could realistically trade for him this off-season? There would surely be a bit of competition. Could Fournier be involved in a sign and trade with them? Would they want Vuc? Surely their first request will involve Gordon.

It's significantly easier to trade for him this off-season. 

Hypothetically we could sign and trade fournier for hield. We'd need to send back 19.5 million in salary to make it work. 

Hypothetically if Fournier opts in we could draft the player the Kings want in the draft with our pick, sign that player, then trade him with fournier a month later. 

I don't think they'd want Gordon. They have several forwards. 

Both of them should be on our summer list when the poison pill contract issue ends. We don't have the assets to trade for big names, so the next tier (good players that could become great if they finally click) is the one we should focus on.

In the summer instead of going for obvious trades we should do a small reboot.Right now the main focus of many teams will be the Timberwolves. 

The Wolves have Towns and Russell signed for a number of years and two huge contracts coming off the books. Thanks to a brilliant trade they have a number of small contracts and a ton of rookie deals.They  will have possibly two lotto picks, although likely a mid round pick(from the Nets).They will have a restricted Beasley who will not be hard to sign and will probably be looking to trade for vets on good contracts to win. This is the best opportunity to build value and maybe get some assets! I hope we go in that direction.

9 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

I'm not trading AG. The fact we tried to is really really bad. 

I don't think we tried to. I think teams asked about him and in return we asked for too much. Which is exactly what we should do if we end up trading him. 

Just now, TheNameIsOrlando said:

I don't think we tried to. I think teams asked about him and in return we asked for too much. Which is exactly what we should do if we end up trading him. 

Who knows what happened. I am so glad we didn't. And we better not do it in the summer either