Soul Bro

2019-2020 Official Trade Ideas Thread

1 hour ago, Just a regular Magic fan said:

How do you view AG’s trade value this year? Has it decreased, increased, or stayed the same as his previous years ?

Apparently according to national media members some teams have him as an incredibly valuable player while others don't value him highly at all. 

So it depends on who you talk to. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Keep an eye on something like Gordon for Caris LeVert

If we are talking about overrated players, look right there. Would rather keep Gordon.

36 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Why is he overrated?

Because he is not very good in my opinion.

1. He is inefficient. (He is less efficient this year than Fournier was last year. His efficiency has dropped every year that he has been in the league.)

2. Decent passer, but would have the most turnovers of any player on our roster.

3. Since his rookie year, the Nets have not been better with him on the court. 

4. Might be injury prone- has never played a full season.

5. Not a good defensive player, going by NBA's tracking metrics and basically any advanced stat. Opponents average about 3% higher FG% over him than their normal averages.

6. Fivethirtyeight also seems to agree with me, as they note his 5 year forecast as being a "rotational player"- and that was before this year where he has not been playing that well/been injured.

What makes you think he is any good?

15 minutes ago, Odin said:

Because he is not very good in my opinion.

1. He is inefficient. (He is less efficient this year than Fournier was last year. His efficiency has dropped every year that he has been in the league.)

2. Decent passer, but would have the most turnovers of any player on our roster.

3. Since his rookie year, the Nets have not been better with him on the court. 

4. Might be injury prone- has never played a full season.

5. Not a good defensive player, going by NBA's tracking metrics and basically any advanced stat. Opponents average about 3% higher FG% over him than their normal averages.

6. Fivethirtyeight also seems to agree with me, as they note his 5 year forecast as being a "rotational player"- and that was before this year where he has not been playing that well/been injured.

What makes you think he is any good?

I don't think he's great but his upside/downside is pretty similar to Gordon. 

LeVert is always in weird situations where he looks like a future star for a few weeks and then an injury happens and he's forced into a supplementary role that he's not fit for because a nets point guard is now getting all of the shots. 

His defensive numbers aren't great but there's some evidence through video highlights that he's above average on ball. 

So I'm not saying LeVert is some perfect option for us but he's a guy with upside of a number one option on offense, makes similar money, and Brooklyn probably prefers Gordon to LeVert playing off of Kyrie and Durant where we get a Gordon level talent at shooting guard to replace Fournier. 

Could Iwundu be completely out of the rotation once DJ is back? Im assuming MCW will move to back up SG, Ross is the back up 3 leaving either Ennis or Iwundu fighting for either the starting SF or 3rd string.

1 hour ago, BBROSS said:

Could Iwundu be completely out of the rotation once DJ is back? Im assuming MCW will move to back up SG, Ross is the back up 3 leaving either Ennis or Iwundu fighting for either the starting SF or 3rd string.

What about Clarke? Decisions, decisions. Might be the biggest, most important decision the coach has to make.

On decision making, this might be his reaction:

cizCYx.gif

20 hours ago, Fultz4thewin said:

So I'm not saying LeVert is some perfect option for us but he's a guy with upside of a number one option on offense

Is he?  There are 48 guards who attempt 12 or more shots/game and who have played more than 20 games this year.  LeVert is 45/48 in FG% (39.9%) amongst those players.  He's 142/162 in eFG% amongst guards who have played 20+ games and average 15+ minutes; 141/162 in TS% for that same group.  Each of those shooting categories has fallen year by year for 4 straight years.

2 hours ago, ML6 said:

Is he?  There are 48 guards who attempt 12 or more shots/game and who have played more than 20 games this year.  LeVert is 45/48 in FG% (39.9%) amongst those players.  He's 142/162 in eFG% amongst guards who have played 20+ games and average 15+ minutes; 141/162 in TS% for that same group.  Each of those shooting categories has fallen year by year for 4 straight years.

Peaks vs averages

1 minute ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Peaks vs averages

I just think it's a bad bet to view the peaks as anything other than occasional flashes at this point.  But I suppose the team environment issues you described could be more to blame than I personally feel they are.