Soul Bro

2019-2020 Official Trade Ideas Thread

29 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I question giving any of these guys long terms deals or the majority of our shots, but apparently management has a different take. Ultimately, I believe there must be competing agendas to the long term growth and success of this team. 

This is about where I see things personally as well, as I said elsewhere, they aren't going to not do what they've been told to do if it only makes their ultimate goal more frustrating. I can easily see an owner saying both "win as much as possible right now" and also say "don't get rid of our best players - i.e. Evan and Nikola" even though those things aren't compatible and even if the front office guys can see it.

At the end of the day, these guys want to be able to have job security and a plan at the same time and it is just going to suck for us until the opportunity for a homerun presents itself - like Issac, Fultz and Bamba taking a giant leap along with someone becoming available that ownership deems it ok to move on from our vets for. 

Maybe the deal breakers for our front office are "we are ok with this as long as we build a winner with these guys who are still really young" 

Also, maybe they are apathetic I don't know! 

But clearly that would also mean ownership is definitely apathetic as well.

If both are happy to tread water and shrug their shoulders, these guys have got a pretty long rope and they may even pay off... in 6 or 7 years.

Does anyone have an inkling if ownership is content with turning into Minnesota, pre-Lebron Cleveland or Atlanta?

7 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

This post is not a good look

Do you disagree that okeke is the best shooting forward in last year's draft and fultz was among the best offensive players in college of the last decade?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Think it’s time to close down this thread and try again for summer of 2020 trade ideas when the postseason rolls around. Been a fan my entire life, extremely frustrated right now, but optimistic that a deal wasn’t made because there just wasn’t one that made us better long term. I have an Orlando Magic part of my heart and soul, and no matter how bad we get I can’t get rid of it. So, welcome James Ennis, lets try to turn this ship around, and if we don’t let’s look forward to packaging our pick on draft day with Vucevic to move on to basketball in today’s era. Also, Evan is totally opting in at this point, lol 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Think it’s time to close down this thread and try again for summer of 2020 trade ideas when the postseason rolls around. Been a fan my entire life, extremely frustrated right now, but optimistic that a deal wasn’t made because there just wasn’t one that made us better long term. I have an Orlando Magic part of my heart and soul, and no matter how bad we get I can’t get rid of it. So, welcome James Ennis, lets try to turn this ship around, and if we don’t let’s look forward to packaging our pick on draft day with Vucevic to move on to basketball in today’s era. Also, Evan is totally opting in at this point, lol 

Agreed 100% apart from Evan opting in. He might want out of this situation more than we want him out 

16 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

Agreed 100% apart from Evan opting in. He might want out of this situation more than we want him out 

I’m still having a hard time getting passed how his hot streak came to a screeching halt the second Vucevic got back from his ankle sprain. Also, at this point almost all the teams that had cap space this summer sucked it all up yesterday. He might still opt out and get a long term deal, but it won’t be an annual increase like it looked like it would’ve been earlier this season. Question is would he rather rush in to a 4/60 contract this offseason or wait another year where more teams have space and have a better shot at a 4/80.

1 hour ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Do you disagree that okeke is the best shooting forward in last year's draft and fultz was among the best offensive players in college of the last decade?

I think he's trying to say your post would be looked at more favorably if you talked TO people instead of DOWN.TO people

• Upvote 4

13 minutes ago, IrishCelticHater said:

Hayward will be available in the off season. Sign and trade for him maybe? But we’ve got plenty of time to speculate. Lol 

I’ve read a few articles about Ainge being a little gun shy after the IT trade and the backlash it got in Boston for being a heartless move. Hayward would get just as much of a backlash I think, and he can still play and play well if he can stay healthy. Ainge not making a deal yesterday kind of confirms Ainge being over cautious  (or teams refusing to trade with the Celtics) in my opinion, they don’t need or even want all the picks they have right now and they could’ve definitely used some improvement yesterday to keep up with the East contenders.

1 minute ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I’ve read a few articles about Ainge being a little gun shy after the IT trade and the backlash it got in Boston for being a heartless move. Hayward would get just as much of a backlash I think, and he can still play and play well if he can stay healthy. Ainge not making a deal yesterday kind of confirms Ainge being over cautious  (or teams refusing to trade with the Celtics) in my opinion, they don’t need or even want all the picks they have right now and they could’ve definitely used some improvement yesterday to keep up with the East contenders.

He can opt out. They have kinda a logjam at the wings. Jalen coming to his own and Tatum needing touches. Not saying its going to happen but I don’t see them re-upping him.