Soul Bro

2019-2020 Official Trade Ideas Thread

10 minutes ago, TrueBlueDrew said:

Yeah. I agree. I think that's the good part and bad part. We are a middle of the pack team, so there are teams in a worse spot than we are but some of them feel like they're in a better spot than us because they have their star. I'm not even going to include the Warriors cause they'll be back to a top 5 team next year when everyone is healthy. 

First, you have the promising (just because they have their star):

Pelicans - Williamson/Ingram/Ball

Hawks - Young (Capella was a good add, Hunter/Reddish good core)

Grizzlies - Morant/JJJ/Brooks 

Suns - Booker/Ayton/Oubre

TWolves - Towns/Russell 

Kings - Fox/Hield

Second, you have the frustrating:

Trailblazers, Spurs, Pistons, Bulls

Third, you have the sad:

Cavs, Knicks, Hornets, Wizards

I think we are somewhere between the promising and the frustrating because if we have a healthy Fultz/Isaac/Gordon...I would like that foundation more than just about any other team on the promising list (other than the Pelicans, it'll be interesting to see how Ingram continues to grow after Zion comes back). However, we're frustrated because it feels like we're built around Fournier/Vuc which places us in the second group. 

Well it kind of puts us in that category with Portland, SAS and Detroit as everyone can see that what they have is not working but all have been unlucky and unwilling by circumstance to move on. I wouldn't care so much about Vuc if he were our David Lee, peel him back in importance until he no longer has any use for us... but that doesn't look like it's happening. I could probably live with Evan if he were on the bench and TRoss was not here (though I felt differently about Ross last year, I think we are all hurt by that). I think San Antonio can afford to tread water for a few years after such massive prolonged success. Nothing is moving the needle for them so if they sneak into the playoffs I guess they will be happy.

Chicago is a different story than the others, Foreman and Paxson are just bad. **edit** i'd put them in the bottom category with the others, quite easily. I don't know why anyone is actually expecting them to have more success than they are or act like LaVine and Markannen are foundation players. I'd honestly rather be Charlotte with Graham and Bridges.

4 minutes ago, South_Aussie_Magic said:

Well it kind of puts us in that category with Portland, SAS and Detroit as everyone can see that what they have is not working but all have been unlucky and unwilling by circumstance to move on. I wouldn't care so much about Vuc if he were our David Lee, peel him back in importance until he no longer has any use for us... but that doesn't look like it's happening. I could probably live with Evan if he were on the bench and TRoss was not here (though I felt differently about Ross last year, I think we are all hurt by that). I think San Antonio can afford to tread water for a few years after such massive prolonged success. Nothing is moving the needle for them so if they sneak into the playoffs I guess they will be happy.

Chicago is a different story than the others, Foreman and Paxson are just bad.

Yeah I agree. Chicago is confusing. Feels like they've been floating without a direction longer than everyone else has. Ever since they got rid of Rose/Butler, they haven't been the same. 

I'm honestly think we're not in an awful position. I'm less optimistic now than I was back when we had the Dipo/Harris/Gordon combo. I loved that core. But I really like a healthy Isaac and how Fultz has looked so far this season. So I just think management has to decide to move on from Evan and Vuc. Then rebuild I don't think Evan will take a bench role after the season he is having.

Buy out options?

1. Tristan Thompson
  2. Isaiah Thomas
  3. Darren Collison - F.A.
  4. Marvin Williams
  5. Taj Gibson
  6. Bobby Portis
  7. Reggie Bullock
  8. Wayne Ellington
  9. Elfrid Payton
  10. Evan Turner
  11. Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
  12. Bismack Biyombo
  13. John Henson
  14. Matthew Dellavedova
  15. Langston Galloway
  16. Allen Crabbe
  17. Tyler Johnson
  18. Brandon Knight
  19. Solomon Hill
  20. Courtney Lee
  21. Yogi Ferrell

1 hour ago, IrishCelticHater said:

We’ll address it in the off season. 

Yeah—like we addressed the scoring/shooting issues this past off-season with Aminu. 

3 hours ago, Fultz4thewin said:

With Bamba and fultz coming off injury it's defensible to resign Vucevic as a crutch for a season. 

This isn't a "next season" thing though. There's a firm date. Resigning Fournier is a terrible move on its face. Bamba will be going into year 3. We can move on from them with a bit more certainty and roster building opportunities. I accept their plan of "run this back for a season so we don't have to commit to unknowns and see if we can build off of last year's end of season run" this was that season. The time to reset is June-July. Further investment deserves scorn. Moves up to now are defensible. 

Unknowns? Who? Fournier, Vuch, AG, DJ, Ross? 

13 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Fultz, Isaac, and Bamba

So their plan is evaluate? First season, evaluate. 3rd season after playoffs, evaluate.

The way they evaluate, it will be 2030. 

They don’t have a plan. They wing it. Riley has a plan. Pestri has a plan. Pelinka has a plan. Cuban has a plan. May not be a sane plan but Morey even has a plan.  Only thing these two plan is nappy time. Ever see Ed Bassmaster on YouTube? Go watch where he does “Will ya look at that”. 

2 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

So their plan is evaluate? First season, evaluate. 3rd season after playoffs, evaluate.

They don’t have a plan. They wing it. Riley has a plan. Pestri has a plan. Pelinka has a plan. Cuban has a plan. May not be a sane plan but Morey even has a plan.  Only thing these two plan is nappy time. Ever see Ed Bassmaster on YouTube? Go watch where he does “Will ya look at that”. 

They need 3 years to evaluate a roster that’s been here for 7

10 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

I don't think you understand what I said. 

7 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

I don't think you understand what I said. 

Probably misunderstood you. Thought you meant their plan was to see what they got in the year after the playoffs. “Evaluate”.

Still, that’s winging it.

6 hours ago, Fultz4thewin said:

I just can't really relate to your thought process. I don't really understand a rush to be angry before you need to be angry? Why go through life like that? If we sign and trade fournier this summer and flip Vucevic for something decent are you going to feel shame for wasting all of these feelings prematurely?

Woj said last week that the market for expiring guys sucked and teams were more interested in running sign and trades this summer. That played out. Drummond went for a second. There really wasn't a market for big moves. 

This was always a transitional year while we confirmed the young guys can play or not. If we resign Fournier and keep Vucevic another year then it's time to be angry. Today it's premature. 

Slow your roll. Anger is not where I land. Bewildered in my fandom is more appropriate. Looking at the big picture, I have little understanding of this organization. Sure if we were to simply look at last season, one could make the case for our current reality and payroll. But through years of watching, we know who Augustin, MCW, Fournier, Ross, Aminu, Birch and Vooch are as players... journeymen and average role players. I question giving any of these guys long terms deals or the majority of our shots, but apparently management has a different take. Ultimately, I believe there must be competing agendas to the long term growth and success of this team. 

• Upvote 2