Soul Bro

2019-2020 Official Trade Ideas Thread

It’s hard for a front office to make mistakes when they sit on ass year in and year out. 

Why 3 years post-Hennigan does this team still revolve around Hennigan guys? Why do we continue to align ourselves with mediocrity? 

Drafting JI and the Fultz trade are the loan good moves. 

Giving Vuc a 4 year deal was all time stupid BTW. Can’t wait to see us lock Fournier up. That’ll be the nail in the coffin. 

Maybe we’re still “evaluating the roster”. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Luke_FfS said:

Also, having a lot of centers in a league played the way Houston does (I don't like that btw, but it works), and drafting Bamba if Nikola was in your long term plans, it's not a great idea. Focus more on guards/shooters should be a priority.

I wouldn’t say that the NBA is going full Houston. I think there are more big men in the NBA than people realize, but you have the Warriors who played small and everyone (particularly Houston cause they were obsessed with beating them) started copying. 

Everyone 6’9 and up:

1. Bucks — Giannis / B Lopez / R Lopez / Bender / Illyasova / Wilson
  2. Raptors — Ibaka / Gasol / Siakem / Boucher / Hernandez / 
  3. Celtics — Kanter / Tacko / Piorier (Theis is 6’8)
  4. Heat — Bam / Olynyk / Leonard / Alexander / 
  5. Pacers — Turner / Sabonis / Leaf / Bitadze
  6. 76ers — Horford / Embiid / Simmons / O’Quinn 
  7. Nets — Allen / Claxton / Durant / Jordan
  8. Magic — Vuc/ Isaac / Bamba / Birch
  9. Bulls — Carter Jr / Felicio/ Gafford / Kornet / Markkanen / 
  10. Pistons — Griffin / Henson / Maker / Wood
  11. Wizards — Bertans / Bryant / Mahinmi / Pasecniks / Wagner / Williams
  12. Hornets — Batum / Hernangomez / McDaniels / Spalding / Zeller (Biz is 6’8)
  13. Knicks — Portis / Robinson / Gibson / Wooten (Randle is 6’8)
  14. Hawks — Capella / Dedmon / Collins / Fernando / Jones / Labissiere
  15. Cavs — Drummond / Bolden / Thompson / Zizic / Wade (Love is 6’8, Nance 6’7)

1. Lakers — Cousins / Davis / Howard / James / McGee / Antetokounmpo
  2. Clippers — Zubac / Kabengele
  3. Nuggets — Jokic / Bol / Porter Jr / Vonleh / Plumlee
  4. Rockets — Chandler / Caboclo / Hartenstein 
  5. Jazz — Gobert / Bradley / Davis
  6. Thunder — Adams / Gallinari / Hervey / Noel / Muscala /
  7. Mavs — Cayley-Stein / Kleber / Boban / Porzingis / Powell
  8. Grizzlies — Valanciunas / JJJ / Dieng / Anderson
  9. Trailblazers — Nurkic / Whiteside / Swanigan / Gabriel / Collins / Brown
  10. Spurs — Aldridge / Lyles / Eubanks / Poeltl
  11. Pelicans — Hayes / Okafor / Favors / Melli (Williamson is 6’6)
  12. Suns — Ayton / Baynes / Kaminsky / Saric
  13. Kings — Bagley / Bjelica / Giles / Holmes / Len
  14. Timberwolves — Towns / Vanderbilt / Reid Hernangomez / 
  15. Warriors — Chriss/ Looney

Obviously some of these guys don’t get any minutes or are two way players but the League has a decent number of big men. I just think most teams focus on 6’7 and under and it seems like our focus has been 6’8 and up. 

26 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

If we resign Fournier and keep Vucevic another year then it's time to be angry. Today it's premature. 

We said the same stuff last year. If we resign Vuc and don’t move Fournier by this time, we should be angry etc. it’s the same stuff year in year out. And every year it’s “next year we will definitley do stuff”. I think the fan base is tired of it. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Gordon MVP said:

We said the same stuff last year. If we resign Vuc and don’t move Fournier by this time, we should be angry etc. it’s the same stuff year in year out. And every year it’s “next year we will definitley do stuff”. I think the fan base is tired of it. 

Yeah but I think after the season we had...we HAD to resign Vuc. If you don’t want a toxic culture like the Knicks, you have to start rewarding players who do well. So when Vuc and Ross had great years, I think you had to resign just as a show of confidence and hopefully communicate to the rest of the league, we reward players who play well. 

I think it’s a different case with Fournier because we’ve already done it with Vuc. I’m bummed we didn’t trade him but we will see how the offseason will workout. I will officially be upset if we resign Fournier to some ridiculous contract. I also want to see Bamba get more minutes in the back half of this season. I know Vuc is one of our best offensive pieces but he’s going through an awful slump, we should let the 2nd year kid get a chance to prove he’s worth investing in. We need to commit to either one of them, trade the other, and have Birch be the backup

9 minutes ago, Gordon MVP said:

With Bamba and fultz coming off injury it's defensible to resign Vucevic as a crutch for a season. 

This isn't a "next season" thing though. There's a firm date. Resigning Fournier is a terrible move on its face. Bamba will be going into year 3. We can move on from them with a bit more certainty and roster building opportunities. I accept their plan of "run this back for a season so we don't have to commit to unknowns and see if we can build off of last year's end of season run" this was that season. The time to reset is June-July. Further investment deserves scorn. Moves up to now are defensible. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

5 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

With Bamba and fultz coming off injury it's defensible to resign Vucevic as a crutch for a season. 

This isn't a "next season" thing though. There's a firm date. Resigning Fournier is a terrible move on its face. Bamba will be going into year 3. We can move on from them with a bit more certainty and roster building opportunities. I accept their plan of "run this back for a season so we don't have to commit to unknowns and see if we can build off of last year's end of season run" this was that season. The time to reset is June-July. Further investment deserves scorn. Moves up to now are defensible. 

There's also the "if you want to keep your job, you'd better try and repeat last season again because we don't have anything in the future to be more confident of" possibility.

Noones going to bite the hand that feeds, whether we as fans want something or not, it's not like it's a morality  for them to do what ownership tells them.

50 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

We just drafted the best shooting forward in the 2019 draft and our starting point guard was among the best offensive college players of the last decade. 

I’m not going to make any opinions on Okeke until he actually plays. It’s just speculation otherwise. As for Fultz, I like the guy but it’s obvious his shot isn’t what it was in college, not his fault but it is what it is. 

We also could’ve used our MLE in the offseason to add scoring but we went for another defensive minded long boi with a questionable offensive game. To nobody’s surprise he was absolutely horrible this year when healthy on offense. Sorry we disagree on this, but the offense being so bad is half on the FO and half on Clifford. I can’t stand Birch starting next to Vooch anymore.

25 minutes ago, MagicBucsRays2 said:

I’m not going to make any opinions on Okeke until he actually plays. It’s just speculation otherwise. As for Fultz, I like the guy but it’s obvious his shot isn’t what it was in college, not his fault but it is what it is. 

We also could’ve used our MLE in the offseason to add scoring but we went for another defensive minded long boi with a questionable offensive game. To nobody’s surprise he was absolutely horrible this year when healthy on offense. Sorry we disagree on this, but the offense being so bad is half on the FO and half on Clifford. I can’t stand Birch starting next to Vooch anymore.

Who was available for the MLE to improve scoring? Rose is about it and we had DJ, fultz, and MCW already. 

I'm not sure Satoransky really changes much. 

31 minutes ago, South_Aussie_Magic said:

I think this is also why the Kings are so god awful too, because even if they have some moves that make you think they're going to get somewhere, Ranadive in the end is an egotistical nutcase.

Yeah. I agree. I think that's the good part and bad part. We are a middle of the pack team, so there are teams in a worse spot than we are but some of them feel like they're in a better spot than us because they have their star. I'm not even going to include the Warriors cause they'll be back to a top 5 team next year when everyone is healthy. 

First, you have the promising (just because they have their star):

Pelicans - Williamson/Ingram/Ball

Hawks - Young (Capella was a good add, Hunter/Reddish good core)

Grizzlies - Morant/JJJ/Brooks 

Suns - Booker/Ayton/Oubre

TWolves - Towns/Russell 

Kings - Fox/Hield

Second, you have the frustrating:

Trailblazers, Spurs, Pistons, Bulls

Third, you have the sad:

Cavs, Knicks, Hornets, Wizards

I think we are somewhere between the promising and the frustrating because if we have a healthy Fultz/Isaac/Gordon...I would like that foundation more than just about any other team on the promising list (other than the Pelicans, it'll be interesting to see how Ingram continues to grow after Zion comes back). However, we're frustrated because it feels like we're built around Fournier/Vuc which places us in the second group.