Soul Bro

2019-2020 Official Trade Ideas Thread

5 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

I will say I am enjoying the panic in this thread much more than the actual trade deadline. 

A) There isn't much in the actual trade-deadline to enjoy, but

B) You must be either a sadist who enjoys watching people suffer, or a masochist who enjoys the suffering, too.

Having said that, yes I think this forum is certainly prone to wild mood swings and could probably use some medication for bi-polar disorder. 

Let's consider this:

Draft Picks:

1. Issac (#6 - 2017)
  2. Anžejs Pasečņiks (#25 - 2017, traded to Philly for OKC 1st in 2020, 2nd in 2020)
  3. Wes Iwundu (#33 - 2017)
  4. Ivan Robb (#35 - 2017, trade to Memphis for 2nd in 2018)
  5. Bamba (#6 - 2018)
  6. Frazier (#35 - 2018)
  7. Jarred Vanderbilt (#41 2018, trade to Denver for #43 pick Justin Jackson in G-League and 2019 2nd)
  8. Okeke (#16 - 2019)

Is there a player chosen after one of our picks that would be better for the Magic? Consider the time, would you know "Player X" would turn into what they are?

Transactions:

2017-2018

1. Signed Shelvin Mack (July 2017 - 2 yr 12 mil)
  2. Signed Jonathan Simmons (July 2017 - 3 yr 20 mil)
  3. Signed Mo Speights (July 2017 - 1 yr 2.1 mil)
  4. Signed Aaron Afflalo (July 2017 - 1 yr 2.3 mil)
  5. Signed Khem Birch (July 2017 - 2 yr 2.1 mil)
  6. Signed Payne (August 2017 - 2 way)
  7. Signed Artis (October 2017 - 2 way)
  8. Traded Payton to Phoenix for a 2018 2nd round pick (Feb 2018)
  9. Signed Purvis (March 2018 - 2 way)
  10. Waived Mack (June 2018)

2018-2019

1. Let Speights, Hezonja, Artis, Afflalo enter FA (July 2018)
  2. Signed Mo Bamba (July 2018 - 3 yr 16 mil)
  3. Signed Melvin Frazier (July 2018 - 2 yr 2.4 mil)
  4. Signed Isaiah Briscoe (July 2018 - 4 yr 6 mil)
  5. Re-Signed Aaron Gordon (July 2018 - 4 yr 84 mil)
  6. Traded Bizmack Biyombo and two 2nd round picks for J. Grant and Mozgov (July 2018)
  7. Traded Purvis to OKC for Dakari Johnson + Cash and then flipped Johnson, Tyler Johnson, and a TPE to Memphis for Jarell Martin + Cash
  8. Signed Jefferson (August 2018 - 2 way)
  9. Traded Simmons, 2019 2nd, conditional 2020 1st, and TPE to Philly for Fultz (February 2018)
  10. Signed MCW (March 2019)
  11. Waived Briscoe (April 2019)

2019-2020

1. Let Martin, Grant, Jefferson, Caupain enter FA (July 2019)
  2. Waived Mozgov (July 2019)
  3. Resigned Vucevic (July 2019 - 4 yr 100 mil)
  4. Resigned Ross (July 2019 - 4 yr 54 mil)
  5. Signed Aminu (July 2019 - 3 yr 29 mil)
  6. Resigned Birch (July 2019 - 2 yr 6 mil)
  7. Resigned MCW (July 2019 - 1 yr 2 mil)
  8. Signed Josh Magette (July 2019 - 2 way)
  9. Signed Jefferson (July 2019 - 2 way, November 2019 - 2 yr 3.2 mil)
  10. Signed BJ Johnson (November 2019 - 2 way)
  11. Cut Josh Magette
  12. Signed Gary Clark
  13. Traded a 2020 2nd for James Ennis (February 2020)

So here is my question...what moves have they done that have warrented distrust other than they haven't done anything splashy other than Fultz? 

I think they've found good use out of players that others have written off -- Fultz, Briscoe, MCW, Birch. I think we have a solid foundation if Issac/Fultz can stay healthy and Gordon keeps improving. We need to be careful not to give up too quickly just because we didn't draft a bonafide star. It's not awful but it's also not flashy, however none of the moves listed above are horrible moves like previous FO management has made. So, let's practice a little patience.  

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, ML6 said:

But that’s the whole point. We have no idea if the inner machinations of these things. So yelling “oh my god I can’t believe these idiots didn’t do anything I wanted!” is nonsense.  

It’s like having a financial adviser and getting pissed that they haven’t tripled your net worth within a couple years. 

Using your analogy, what if your advisor kept the majority of your assets in the same bad investments year after year? How much money and how many shot attempts are committed to Fournier, Ross and Vooch? How is our offense? What is our record? 

It's not even a high level of panic.. I think that a lot of people in the forum was expecting something like that and it's not over disappointed.

I completely agree with Soul Bro last few posts, unfortunately I've no more upvotes to give. We are fans, we judge with what we have (limited data's) and we also couldn't make virtual moves now with the bad cards we're given. If we want to play the GM game, we should consider also everything that we would have done differently in the recent past, at least.

It's not even an emotional reaction, it's something we're discussing in the last few months. And even considering only the few players that were involved today (we couldn't know how much more were available but not traded) there were opportunities in there, even if short term fixes.

Russell big contract with GS was criticized, and also the fact they've give up a pick for the sign&trade. But they've used that as an asset, knowing that they could have get something out of it. And they did, recovering a better pick+ a 2nd in the process. Vucevic big contract, was justified in part with the theory of not losing a player for nothing. "You could always trade him later", was said. But that's misjudging the market of centers with limitation, while guards with limitations are more useful the way the league is trending (since a long time now...)

• Upvote 1

Advanced issue found

⚖

6 minutes ago, TrueBlueDrew said:

Let's consider this:

Draft Picks:

1. Issac (#6 - 2017)
  2. Anžejs Pasečņiks (#25 - 2017, traded to Philly for OKC 1st in 2020, 2nd in 2020)
  3. Wes Iwundu (#33 - 2017)
  4. Ivan Robb (#35 - 2017, trade to Memphis for 2nd in 2018)
  5. Bamba (#6 - 2018)
  6. Frazier (#35 - 2018)
  7. Jarred Vanderbilt (#41 2018, trade to Denver for #43 pick Justin Jackson in G-League and 2019 2nd)
  8. Okeke (#16 - 2019)

Is there a player chosen after one of our picks that would be better for the Magic? Consider the time, would you know "Player X" would turn into what they are?

2017 draft -- we actually ended up with #1 and #6 thanks to Philly

Who else from that draft would you like to have other than Isaac? Donovan Mitchell? Maybe we keep #25 and draft Kuzma? In the second round, I would say Iwundu is probably the best player from that 2nd round group other than Dillion Brooks

2018 draft -- at the time, we didn't know that we would get Fultz

I had my eyes on SGA but other players out of that group that seem to be good - Mikal Bridges, DiVincenzo could be a capable backup, Shamet is better than I thought. In the second round, Diallo is probably the best player post- Frazier. Devonte Graham is turning out to be a steal of a 2nd round pick. 

2019 draft

It's still early but I don't see anyone past-Okeke that I am super thrilled about. Okeke is a mystery though, could turn out to be a steal or a waste of a draft. 

I saw someone running on the street screaming crazy stuff on church street at 3:15pm. 
i am really worried about magicman28. Hopefully, it wasnt him.

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, TrueBlueDrew said:
  1. Resigned Vucevic (July 2019 - 4 yr 100 mil)
  2. Resigned Ross (July 2019 - 4 yr 54 mil)
  3. Signed Aminu (July 2019 - 3 yr 29 mil)

So here is my question...what moves have they done that have warrented distrust other than they haven't done anything splashy other than Fultz?

Without going too deep, just clogging the cap for a average 47 million in the next three seasons for those 3 guys, was a bad move at the time, and it's looking even worse now.

Then with cap space and good contracts you can do a whole lot more things in the market, but that's a long story...

Also, having a lot of centers in a league played the way Houston does (I don't like that btw, but it works), and drafting Bamba if Nikola was in your long term plans, it's not a great idea. Focus more on guards/shooters should be a priority.

1 hour ago, jmmagicfan said:

A) There isn't much in the actual trade-deadline to enjoy, but

B) You must be either a sadist who enjoys watching people suffer, or a masochist who enjoys the suffering, too.

Having said that, yes I think this forum is certainly prone to wild mood swings and could probably use some medication for bi-polar disorder. 

should be an angelfire website playing midi versions of the cure

44 minutes ago, Luke_FfS said:

Without going too deep, just clogging the cap for a average 47 million in the next three seasons for those 3 guys, was a bad move at the time, and it's looking even worse now.

Then with cap space and good contracts you can do a whole lot more things in the market, but that's a long story...

Also, having a lot of centers in a league played the way Houston does (I don't like that btw, but it works), and drafting Bamba if Nikola was in your long term plans, it's not a great idea. Focus more on guards/shooters should be a priority.

Amen. The FO has shown zero interest in acquiring guys who can help us on offense. Just more “long bois” because athleticism and length is all we seem to look at. Considering how bad this team is on offense, it’s definitely on the FO and they definitely have lost MY trust. They haven’t made any jaw dropping bad moves like Hennigan, but that is because they aren’t making any moves with any sort of risk at all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, magicdoc1 said:

I saw someone running on the street screaming crazy stuff on church street at 3:15pm. 
i am really worried about magicman28. Hopefully, it wasnt him.

Nah. I knew it. As long as this team is 8th and 7th seed, don’t expect much for the next 3 years or so. Maybe 5. I don’t think their priority right now is to win tbh. I think they want to tread water, recycle youth just to keep things interesting and milk the wonderful tourists who come to the arena, spend money, and root for their team.

We will draft another bench player such as Iwundu. Fournier will opt in. We may even give him an extension. We may explore trading AG but probably won’t happen until the next deadline. It will be status quo. Get use to it.

2 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

I’m judging the product, not just the moment. The reality is the product is below average and outdated. Furthermore, the reality is management made the decision to re-sign the centerpiece of this average and outdated team to a huge deal six months ago. So if Vooch or others are not tradable, who does that fall on? 

I just can't really relate to your thought process. I don't really understand a rush to be angry before you need to be angry? Why go through life like that? If we sign and trade fournier this summer and flip Vucevic for something decent are you going to feel shame for wasting all of these feelings prematurely?

Woj said last week that the market for expiring guys sucked and teams were more interested in running sign and trades this summer. That played out. Drummond went for a second. There really wasn't a market for big moves. 

This was always a transitional year while we confirmed the young guys can play or not. If we resign Fournier and keep Vucevic another year then it's time to be angry. Today it's premature. 

• Downvote 2

31 minutes ago, MagicBucsRays2 said:

Amen. The FO has shown zero interest in acquiring guys who can help us on offense. Just more “long bois” because athleticism and length is all we seem to look at. Considering how bad this team is on offense, it’s definitely on the FO and they definitely have lost MY trust. They haven’t made any jaw dropping bad moves like Hennigan, but that is because they aren’t making any moves with any sort of risk at all.

We just drafted the best shooting forward in the 2019 draft and our starting point guard was among the best offensive college players of the last decade. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4