Soul Bro

2019-2020 Official Trade Ideas Thread

The problem with this franchise has always been ownership's, by way of Alex Martens, refusal to rebuild the right way. I know everyone blames Henny for many things, and obviously he made some very questionable moves, but I'm almost certain that ownership had lost their patience with the rebuild and instructed him to make moves to put a winning product on the court now, thus abandoning any long term rebuilding plan. Again, not defending Henny...I know that will get me tarred and feathered, just lending some context to the issue that exists within this organization...who seem quite content to roll out a perennial 7th seed so that they can exclaim "hey, we made the playoffs gang!"

• Upvote 1

It’s very discouraging to say the least. I’m about ready to tune out! What are we in now year 6,7,8 of a perpetual rebuild. Many of these other teams are rebounding with a solid product in just a few years. We can’t seem to make those deals. I thought our fo had all this experience and were great recruiters? They did well with Fultz, but many probably didn’t want the risk. JI is solid if he can stay on the court, Iwundu is ok; other then that, it’s been pretty flat; we’ll see on Okeke. As far as I’m concerned this fo is on the clock if we don’t do something to improve this roster fast. I would rather trade our supposed best players and turn it over to youth if we stay stagnant like we are. 

Just now, Magicman28 said:

1. Not true. Almost everyone is available.

2. We’ll see.

A GM has an off season and the deadline to move further. Last off season, they drafted a kid who doesn’t play, and resigned a guy who should’ve been let go. They do nothing this deadline, it’s basically getting paid to not work and produce. It’s been 2.5 years and we’re in the same spot as last year. That’s not acceptable.

Agreed. I think most people wouldn't be as mad this trade deadline if stuff actually happened last off season to help us retool and get better.

3 minutes ago, Gordon MVP said:

Agreed. I think most people wouldn't be as mad this trade deadline if stuff actually happened last off season to help us retool and get better.

And the crazy thing is we are very likely to repeat the same off season. Resign and lock into Fournier, draft a player who may not even crack the rotation...Nah bruh.

Pay me half of what they’re making. I can do what they’ve done.

18 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

****...You don’t know me man.

Born and raised in Orlando right there at Florida Hospital in Winter Park. Been a fan since the beginning. Played b-ball and studied for almost my entire youth. Wore the jerseys, wore the shirts, even dreamed of playing for them one day. Was going to go the CBA route and try that one after one year in college.

Let me tell you, I stopped watching the NBA on TV as an whole years ago after LeBron to MIA, after the refs started messing with the game, etc. Few years ago, after the whole Skiles hiring and fiasco, I stopped watching Magic basketball. First time since 89 man. I still watch clips. I got a good eye for talent and I like to talk about it since it’s been a huge outlet in my life growing up. However I haven’t bought anything Magic related or watched them in a while. 

I have the type of personality that after so many tries, I do walk away. I find something else as hard it is. Playing B-ball has been replaced the last 20 years with gym and occasional surf and other stuff.

I have no qualms about walking away from stagnation.

Does that mean for good? For me usually, but a new FO could come in and become proactive. I don’t know if that happens with the ownership though. My faith in them has dwindled to near nothing.

sh!$@ man.... you need a drink. 
I will be as upset and bothered as you are if I dont see any improvements but I still watch. Unless they trade Isaac or Fultz, of course. 
We still be making the playoff and will have to wait and see what the summer brings..  

we still have Fultz, Isaac and Okeke to look forward. Maybe Bamba and AG. 

1 minute ago, magicdoc1 said:

sh!$@ man.... you need a drink. 
I will be as upset and bothered as you are if I dont see any improvements but I still watch. Unless they trade Isaac or Fultz, of course. 
We still be making the playoff and will have to wait and see what the summer brings..  

we still have Fultz, Isaac and Okeke to look forward. Maybe Bamba and AG. 

Bruh, I don’t need a drink. I just move on.   You can sit and rationalize insanity 

3 minutes ago, magicblue said:

The problem with this franchise has always been ownership's, by way of Alex Martens, refusal to rebuild the right way. I know everyone blames Henny for many things, and obviously he made some very questionable moves, but I'm almost certain that ownership had lost their patience with the rebuild and instructed him to make moves to put a winning product on the court now, thus abandoning any long term rebuilding plan. Again, not defending Henny...I know that will get me tarred and feathered, just lending some context to the issue that exists within this organization...who seem quite content to roll out a perennial 7th seed so that they can exclaim "hey, we made the playoffs gang!"

You can have your opinion about Otis, but he would always say our goal is to bring a championship to Orlando period.  Alex and current front office told us exactly what their goal was.  "We want to be competitive for an extended period of time"  "We want to bring a chip by 2030"

Just now, All Eyes On Me said:

2 and a half hours and counting. Remember the Fultz deal came out of nowhere 5 minutes before the deadline when we’d all given up hope

Hey, if so, I got no problems saying I’m wrong. 

I feel I can predict how everything will play out though.

1 minute ago, Magicman28 said:

Hey, if so, I got no problems saying I’m wrong. 

I feel I can predict how everything will play out though.

I think we’re all extremely frustrated, trust me, you’re not the only one. It’s eerie how there’s been zero rumor about Evan at all