Soul Bro

2019-2020 Official Trade Ideas Thread

I desperately hope we make a move today, but I doubt it. Tired of this roster that doesn’t work and all these players who have been here way too long without results to back it up. This honestly feels worse than rebuilding because we just feel stuck in no man’s land with an organization that seems content just not being terrible anymore.

5 minutes ago, Odin said:

He is often in the rumor mill, but not with anything concrete like "____ team is thinking of offering _____ for Vuch". It just feels like we have locked ourselves into being the team that we are, and it is difficult to feel excited about that, as it feels like the things that could make us exciting/different/competitive in the long run are being restricted. That doesn't mean it will/would work out without him, but just seemed time to move in that new direction.

Yeah. That's kind of what I'm talking about. From our vantage point he's problematic and he's been on the team forever so he's probably not tradable. But we're just making inferences with a tiny part of the picture. 

I hope the front office didn't sign a player to an untradable contract and they have 100% of the picture so they would know better. That's what I'm hoping.

2 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Aminu isn't terrible. 

This isn't even a me trying to justify a move the magic made thing, look at how people who cover Portland talk about him. Look at how West coast media members talk about him. 

He's a player held in high esteem amongst objective third parties. 

And yet he was so good he was relegated to the bench in the playoffs last year. Yeah ok

3 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

And yet he was so good he was relegated to the bench in the playoffs last year. Yeah ok

He's relegated to the bench here and paid like a bench player so I don't see the problem

9 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Aminu isn't terrible. 

This isn't even a me trying to justify a move the magic made thing, look at how people who cover Portland talk about him. Look at how West coast media members talk about him. 

He's a player held in high esteem amongst objective third parties. 

Aminu did have some bad shooting regression, albeit in a small sample size. He’s supposed to be a stretch 4 with defensive versatility, but he kind of lost the “stretch”, shooting 25% from 3 and all.

I don’t think Aminu is terrible, but a large part of the value he brings is shooting above 35% from 3 as a defensive minded 4, and in the games he played, he didn’t bring that shooting.

11 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Yeah. That's kind of what I'm talking about. From our vantage point he's problematic and he's been on the team forever so he's probably not tradable. But we're just making inferences with a tiny part of the picture. 

I hope the front office didn't sign a player to an untradable contract and they have 100% of the picture so they would know better. That's what I'm hoping.

I believe that’s exactly what they did and will likely do the same with Fournier.

29 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

It wasn’t though. Why did we need another combo forward who can’t shoot? We needed a guard who can score. Aminu is terrible. 

Because our backup PF was a dude whos currently not in the league