Soul Bro

2019-2020 Official Trade Ideas Thread

2 hours ago, Magicpassion said:

Well I guess last year’s run was a fluke. We are in the worst place to be in the NBA; very average! We won’t get a impactful draft pick and barely if at all make the playoffs in a weak East. This is the epitome of Ground Hog Day. It’s hard to watch this year in and year out; do something please!  We watch the Heat, Celtics, Pacers among others rebuild while we suck eggs year after year.

This is why I had to peace out the past 8 months or so. I couldn’t believe the amount of fans that were excited and happy with our moves. Vuc and Ross both were in contract years and played like it.That was complete fools gold and people ate it up. I get we were in the midst of a playoff drought so people were naturally excited but anyone with some forward thinking could tell our team still lacked to much talent overall. 

It was so obvious to me all we did was lock ourselves into mediocrity. 7-8 seed for the foreseeable future which like you stated is actually the worse place to be. 

But the FO was getting pressure from fans and probably ownership that we had to keep our “first all star since Dwight” and build off our playoff run. 

This team was not skilled enough to make the moves we did last summer. We still need a good young piece. Should have let Vuc and Ross walk and focused on adding another prospect to go with JI and Fultz (Bamba too if you’re a believer). 

Locking up a roster that won 42 games and probably overachieved in doing so wasn’t the smart play. The Aminu signing was laughable too. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Natesroom said:

Markelle has this uncanny ability to show star power then disappear... Probably something related to this basically being his rookie year. 

Not sure if he'll be a great player, but I could see him being a late bloomer kind of like how Grant Hill did..now granted Hill came right out of college averaging 20 points a game, but he spent his 4 years at duke learning the game.

He's trying to find the balance between getting his team involved and taking over. The pendulum swung way too far to one side last night

4 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

This is why I had to peace out the past 8 months or so. I couldn’t believe the amount of fans that were excited and happy with our moves. Vuc and Ross both were in contract years and played like it.That was complete fools gold and people ate it up. I get we were in the midst of a playoff drought so people were naturally excited but anyone with some forward thinking could tell our team still lacked to much talent overall. 

It was so obvious to me all we did was lock ourselves into mediocrity. 7-8 seed for the foreseeable future which like you stated is actually the worse place to be. 

But the FO was getting pressure from fans and probably ownership that we had to keep our “first all star since Dwight” and build off our playoff run. 

This team was not skilled enough to make the moves we did last summer. We still need a good young piece. Should have let Vuc and Ross walk and focused on adding another prospect to go with JI and Fultz (Bamba too if you’re a believer). 

Locking up a roster that won 42 games and probably overachieved in doing so wasn’t the smart play. The Aminu signing was laughable too. 

The Aminu signing was fine, its not like we could see into the future his injuries...

3 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

With KD coming back next year and the 6 teams ahead of us being so much better I don't think starting next year the 7th seed will be in play anymore.  I mean you never know what could happen but that seems like the most likely scenario.  

2 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

It's only bad if they're untradable.

Ross was a good signing regardless because he has some value and 12-13 million contracts are crazy important for salary filler in trades because you can trade him for a guy making 7 million or a guy making 17 million. I'm never going to regret that move. 

Aminu was fine and would have been all over the place in rumors this week until he blew out his knee. 

1 minute ago, Fultz4thewin said:

It's only bad if they're untradable.

Ross was a good signing regardless because he has some value and 12-13 million contracts are crazy important for salary filler in trades because you can trade him for a guy making 7 million or a guy making 17 million. I'm never going to regret that move. 

Aminu was fine and would have been all over the place in rumors this week until he blew out his knee. 

I think resigning Vuch wasn't the smartest idea.

Just now, Odin said:

I think resigning Vuch wasn't the smartest idea.

That's the debatable one and the one I was against. It was time we moved on. 

You just gotta hope he has significant value on the trade market and the front office has objective proof of that which we don't. 

You just gotta hope he has significant value on the trade market and the front office has objective proof of that which we don't. 

need to dump him for Drummond 

9 minutes ago, andrew2018022 said:

The Aminu signing was fine, its not like we could see into the future his injuries...

It wasn’t though. Why did we need another combo forward who can’t shoot? We needed a guard who can score. Aminu is terrible. 

He is often in the rumor mill, but not with anything concrete like "____ team is thinking of offering _____ for Vuch". It just feels like we have locked ourselves into being the team that we are, and it is difficult to feel excited about that, as it feels like the things that could make us exciting/different/competitive in the long run are being restricted. That doesn't mean it will/would work out without him, but just seemed time to move in that new direction.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

It wasn’t though. Why did we need another combo forward who can’t shoot? We needed a guard who can score. Aminu is terrible. 

Aminu isn't terrible. 

This isn't even a me trying to justify a move the magic made thing, look at how people who cover Portland talk about him. Look at how West coast media members talk about him. 

He's a player held in high esteem amongst objective third parties.