Soul Bro

2019-2020 Official Trade Ideas Thread

2 hours ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Why even throw in the Lakers 2nd lol?

I'd do this BTW. Gordon is better than Covington but Covington is a lower ceiling version of Gordon that plays a limited role better. 

Culver gives us a replacement for Fournier. 

Makes sense. 

Although I have resisted the thought of trading AG, I am starting to come around. The guy at the Ringer is making some sense. Maybe a change of scenery would be better for both him and the Magic. I like the thought of RoCo and Culver. Hope we can do it. 

I just don't see the point of trading AG unless it's a clear upgrade. Does replacing Fournier with a guy who may become fournier and lesser AG upgrade anything?

I get we want more shots for Fultz and Isaac but why would we not just trade the guy who takes the most shots and is inconsistent as all hell on defense? The issue isn't AG it's Vuch. 

16 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

My only fear with trading AG is if we use that money to pay Fournier and double down on Euro basketball. If that’s the case, I may actually, finally, be done

I’m with ya. If we move Gordon and I like that trade with minny, but you better have a deal in place for vooch or Fournier or both, preferably. 

38 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

I just don't see the point of trading AG unless it's a clear upgrade. Does replacing Fournier with a guy who may become fournier and lesser AG upgrade anything?

I get we want more shots for Fultz and Isaac but why would we not just trade the guy who takes the most shots and is inconsistent as all hell on defense? The issue isn't AG it's Vuch. 

I agree. The thought process is if we're just going to make him a 12 shot per game role player it doesn't matter if he's able to exploit mismatches and facilitate and grow. We're better off getting a guy who can play that small role with more efficiency if we can add another guy on top of it. 

I'd rather just dump Fournier and Vucevic. 

But yeah, it's dumb to trade him now when we know he's usually better, is young, is signed long term, etc. 

Do the Brooklyn Nets need a title-contending trade?

There's a common phrase used in NBA front offices: "In order to become a buyer at the deadline, you need to become a seller first." That message is especially true for this Brooklyn team.

For example, if the Nets want to upgrade at power forward by acquiring a player such as the Orlando Magic's Aaron Gordon, it probably would cost them Spencer Dinwiddie or Joe Harris (and possibly both) along with draft assets. And that alone might not be enough to get a deal done. That hypothetical trade fills a need at one position, but it would leave the Nets exposed at point guard and shooting guard. The safety net that Brooklyn had when both Irving and LeVert were injured would be gone.

But Gordon would be the perfect complement to this Nets roster. As ESPN's Zach Lowe noted, "The best version of Gordon on a good team is something like his take on Draymond Green: screening and rolling as a power forward, spraying passes (Gordon is an underrated playmaker), defending like all hell across every position."

http://insider.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/28539364/do-brooklyn-nets-need-title-contending-trade

https://tradenba.com/trades/_vywVcszZ

Magic get: Covington, Culver, Jordan Bell, and Josh Hart

T-Wolves get: Fournier, Birch, and Frazier (or Jefferson)

Pelicans get: Iwundu

We could also throw in either of our 2nd round picks as well, if necessary. 

This would probably make our rotation:

Fultz/MCW/Augustin(i)

Ross/Culver/Hart

Covington/Gordon/Ross/Johnson(2WP)/Frazier(if Jefferson traded)

Gordon/Clark/Law(2WP)/Jefferson(if Frazier traded)/Isaac(i)/Aminu(i)

Vucevic/Bamba/Bell

Puts Gordon primarily back at the PF, which is his better position, and you rotate Clark and Culver (or Hart) in early and bring Gordon and Ross back in when you rest Fultz, Covington, and Vucevic. 

Woj is saying:

Teams aren't sending out firsts for one year rentals

due to the fact that teams this summer with cap space are young teams there's really no money out there for vets so the summer sign and trade market is expected to be big (might apply to Fournier)