Soul Bro

2019-2020 Official Trade Ideas Thread

12 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

Why wait till  the summer?

Because there are more options for deals. Teams are more willing to include players in trades when they can turn around and sign an outgoing players replacement the next day. 

1 hour ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Because there are more options for deals. Teams are more willing to include players in trades when they can turn around and sign an outgoing players replacement the next day. 

Only thing about that is we wouldn’t have Fournier as a trade piece. Having said that, I think disgruntled players will pop up then. 

35 minutes ago, IrishCelticHater said:

Only thing about that is we wouldn’t have Fournier as a trade piece. Having said that, I think disgruntled players will pop up then. 

That's the main thing we need to solve in the short term. 

31 minutes ago, andrew2018022 said:

AG and the Lakers 2nd for RoCo and Culver who says no?

Why even throw in the Lakers 2nd lol?

I'd do this BTW. Gordon is better than Covington but Covington is a lower ceiling version of Gordon that plays a limited role better. 

Culver gives us a replacement for Fournier. 

Makes sense. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

I'd do this BTW. Gordon is better than Covington but Covington is a lower ceiling version of Gordon that plays a limited role better. 

Makes sense. 

I feel like AG is the prize here. Should we not be asking for a pick as well?

20 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Culver kind of fits that. 

What does Culver do that lends us to believe he's a Fournier replacement? He's a rookie so I'll take his stats with a grain of salt. 

Just now, TheNameIsOrlando said:

What does Culver do that lends us to believe he's a Fournier replacement? He's a rookie so I'll take his stats with a grain of salt. 

He's well rounded and has shot creator upside though it's not definite that he gets there. 

He's a good defender. Defends point guards and forwards. 

Minnesota is much better when he plays which is unusual for a rookie. 

Very much like a rookie jaylen Brown but again I'm not sure if he becomes Brown or if he becomes Ronnie Brewer if his Utah numbers continued for several years. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Makes sense. 

Idk if MN would say yes to just Ag so I threw it in to sweeten the deal a little. Then again, they're desperate so maybe they will do AG straight up

38 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

He's well rounded and has shot creator upside though it's not definite that he gets there. 

He's a good defender. Defends point guards and forwards. 

Minnesota is much better when he plays which is unusual for a rookie. 

Very much like a rookie jaylen Brown but again I'm not sure if he becomes Brown or if he becomes Ronnie Brewer if his Utah numbers continued for several years. 

Moves like this don't make sense unless our plan is to trade Vuch. The development of our young guys are hindered everytime he touches the floor. Culver would get like 5 shots a game if that here.

Short term this would make us worse correct? If that's our plan now we should have never resigned Vuch. Why abandon the stay even while the young guys develop plan?

Impatiently waiting for the keys being handed over around here.