Soul Bro

2019-2020 Official Trade Ideas Thread

Just now, fan for too long 2 said:

Seriously watch them play. Are they the same?  Stats don’t tell the whole story Mr. moneyball. 

I do watch them play. Do you?

That's Wiggins issue. It's why people call his contract untradable and compare him to Rudy Gay. 

The highs are there but so are the lows so any trade for him is a gamble that you can get more highs and coach the lows out of him. 

You see the box score from last night where he had 36 points and a near triple double where he shot 70% from 3 before a last second heave and he's tantalizing. But you're ignoring the 3 game stretch from earlier in the month where he averaged 10ppg on 29% shooting and 14% from 3. 

He puts up duds regularly and his team is on pace for 26 wins and have lost 10 of their last 11 games. 

So you have all the weaknesses of Fournier's worst at a max contract level salary. 

But there's a ceiling that's interesting. 

That's the gamble. To act like there's not a gamble is ignorant to what Wiggins actually is right now. 

You trade for Wiggins if you think the combination of Clifford and the player development system and culture you have can unlock that next level for him. If he doesn't reach that you are just kind of stuck. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Fultz4thewin said:

I do watch them play. Do you?

That's Wiggins issue. It's why people call his contract untradable and compare him to Rudy Gay. 

The highs are there but so are the lows so any trade for him is a gamble that you can get more highs and coach the lows out of him. 

You see the box score from last night where he had 36 points and a near triple double where he shot 70% from 3 before a last second heave and he's tantalizing. But you're ignoring the 3 game stretch from earlier in the month where he averaged 10ppg on 29% shooting and 14% from 3. 

He puts up duds regularly and his team is on pace for 26 wins and have lost 10 of their last 11 games. 

So you have all the weaknesses of Fournier's worst at a max contract level salary. 

But there's a ceiling that's interesting. 

That's the gamble. To act like there's not a gamble is ignorant to what Wiggins actually is right now. 

I would do this trade 100%, I trust our staff more than Minnesota's and no championship team becomes a championship team without taking risks. Although this risk isn't that bad since it would at the very least get us off of Vooch's contract

47 minutes ago, Tank Vogel said:

You trade for Wiggins if you think the combination of Clifford and the player development system and culture you have can unlock that next level for him. If he doesn't reach that you are just kind of stuck. 

We're "kind of stuck" either way. And that's a nice way of putting it

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, magicblue said:

We're "kind of stuck" either way. And that's a nice way of putting it

Nah. We're not stuck yet as we sit today. 

Uncertainty is scary but we're fine from a long term perspective. Short term is the ****ty part. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Nah. We're not stuck yet as we sit today. 

Uncertainty is scary but we're fine from a long term perspective. Short term is the ****ty part. 

We are stuck with the same buddy ball for the last four years. Yep u say we are in some easily changeable position but never do. Insanely backing our new management as if they have done something innovative. 

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

We are stuck with the same buddy ball for the last four years. Yep u say we are in some easily changeable position but never do. Insanely backing our new management as if they have done something innovative. 

You don't think we could flip Vucevic today for Chandler Parsons if we wanted to?

Or biyombo?

Or Mahinmi?

Or Tyler Johnson?

We could get out of Vucevic today if we wanted to. There's no way we're stuck. 

I”m at the point that I would take absolute anything for Vooch. Just so we can get off him. I like that minny trade. Least would give us some hope going forward 

Big boy trade:

Fournier and Gordon

for

McCollum, Hood and Collins

Edit: I’d rather have McCollum over Russell or Wiggins. I’m also a big fan of Collins.

34 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Big boy trade:

Fournier and Gordon

for

McCollum, Hood and Collins

Edit: I’d rather have McCollum over Russell or Wiggins. I’m also a big fan of Collins.

Portland isn't trading McCollum

5 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

And we’re not trading Gordon

No. You don't understand. Portland's main goal is to keep Lillard happy. 

Lillard is basically committed to Portland forever without conditions. The only thing that would get him to change his mind about that is losing CJ. 

And he just said this the other day

That don’t have nothing to do with my commitment to the team,” Lillard told Quick. “I mean, it’s not like we are going to do something that is going to take us to the championship at this point. I think it’s more important for us to protect the assets we have, the guys who are going to be here and who are going to help us going forward. I don’t think it makes sense to sacrifice that just to make a desperate play.”

So understand when you make McCollum deals it's basically the equivalent of another fanbase making Isaac deals.