Soul Bro

2019-2020 Official Trade Ideas Thread

58 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Anyone from the Knicks that could make us better?

See for me, it isn’t about a star. Be nice but want to 1 move away from Fournier/Vuch and 2 get guys that will mesh with Fultz/JI’s strengths.

I’d take Marcus Morris or Bobby Portis 

4 hours ago, Fultz4thewin said:

So we have Sacramento stuff, Minnesota stuff, Knicks vets, Cleveland vets, that's about it other than some small contracts here and there

My problem is we’re just treading water. If we know the ceiling of a team run with Fournier and Vooch, I’d hope we’d go the other direction and trade our vets for the sake of the long haul. At this moment, I think there are multiple teams that would want Fournier or Vooch as complementary vets: SAC, PHX, LAL, LAC, DAL, MN, BKN, PHI, etc. Much like trading JJ for Tobias, I really hope WeltHam look at trading for a random rookie scale guy with upside.

9 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Lol no you do not gauge them on their risk, but if all your going to make is safe trades then you will end up with mediocrity. You have to risk losing in order to win big, that’s just logic. I’m sorry if that disturbs you. Now go back to your bubble. Lmao

That's not true. We risked very little to obtain Fultz. The Lakers risked very little to obtain AD. Rockets risked very little to get Harden. Raptors risked very little to get Kawhi. Plus a million more trades.

You avoid mediocrity by making smart advantageous moves that don't hinder your ability to land the big fish while also improving the team.  

Just now, Soul Bro said:

My problem is we’re just treading water. If we know the ceiling of a team run with Fournier and Vooch, I’d hope we’d go the other direction and trade our vets for the sake of the long haul. At this moment, I think there are multiple teams that would want Fournier or Vooch as complementary vets: SAC, PHX, LAL, LAC, DAL, MN, BKN, PHI, etc. Much like trading JJ for Tobias, I really hope WeltHam look at trading for a random rookie scale guy with upside.

Oh. Yeah. Absolutely. The end goal is to transition those guys off of the team. Just probably better to wait to trade Vucevic until the summer when more guys are in play. 

But why would Phoenix want Vuc and fournier when they have full rotations of wings and centers?

Lakers and clippers can't afford either

Brooklyn has no tradable pieces that fit and aren't in position to make trades with the way they're built. I would love Levert but they don't have the tradable salaries to manage his poison pill. 

Philly can't match either guys salary

There are options we discussed with the other teams. 

29 minutes ago, andrew2018022 said:

For some reason I see a lot of Magic fans wanting to trade for DSJ but I dont get why, hes legitmately bad

I love DSJ and I'm still optimistic about him but getting him would be a bad move for both the magic and DSJ. 

I've seen a few places mention Vuc to Phoenix as if they dont have a 21 yo #1 pick at C averaging 17 and 12 who profiles as Vuc with the ability to jump more than 4 inches off of the ground

Just now, Tank Vogel said:

I've seen a few places mention Vuc to Phoenix as if they dont have a 21 yo #1 pick at C averaging 17 and 12 who profiles as Vuc with the ability to jump more than 4 inches off of the ground

I think there’s more going on with Ayton behind the scenes than we know.

3 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I think there’s more going on with Ayton behind the scenes than we know.

They're desperate to win so Booker doesn't leave and ayton is a young center trying to learn NBA defenses and performing inconsistently. 

2 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I’m still on the Lonnie Walker trade train. I think he could be nice next to Fultz.

Lonnie would keep Bamba company in Clifford's doghouse. 

8 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Lonnie would keep Bamba company in Clifford's doghouse. 

Well he’s learning from the best in Pop, and he’s stuck behind a very high usage guard.