Soul Bro

2019-2020 Official Trade Ideas Thread

1 minute ago, Fultz4thewin said:

He's fine

Could we get him? As a spark for the bench? Was reading something earlier .. The MCW signing was very good. He sparked us bigtime. Maybe we need to look for that again for the remainder of the season and address the bigger things in the summer?

Obviously if something better and bigger is there you take it.

Just a idea

54 minutes ago, andrew2018022 said:

What do you mean cash in Coby White? He isnt gonna get traded. I could see Lauri maybe getting moved tho

Chicago is 3 games out of 8th and I can see a scenario where they look to make a playoff push. He's one of their only trade assets. Like I said it's probably too early for them to move him but teams trying to win send youth for experience. 

2 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

Could we get him? As a spark for the bench? Was reading something earlier .. The MCW signing was very good. He sparked us bigtime. Maybe we need to look for that again for the remainder of the season and address the bigger things in the summer?

Obviously if something better and bigger is there you take it.

Just a idea

You read jareth's tweet saying we need a spark like MCW was last year and then you read keith Smith's tweet saying Christian wood has been playing well lately lol. 

He's fine. He's on a minimum deal. We could trade a second for him and that would be fine. I'm just not interested in trading anything more than that so that we finish 45-27 as a 7th seed instead of 40-42 as a 7 seed unless that player is expected to be a big part of what we are going to do next year. 

1 minute ago, Fultz4thewin said:

You read jareth's tweet saying we need a spark like MCW was last year and then you read keith Smith's tweet saying Christian wood has been playing well lately lol. 

He's fine. He's on a minimum deal. We could trade a second for him and that would be fine. I'm just not interested in trading anything more than that so that we finish 45-27 as a 7th seed instead of 40-42 as a 7 seed unless that player is expected to be a big part of what we are going to do next year. 

Yeah so what if I read them and share the ideas on here. What's the issue? I should of maybe pasted the tweets here if anything.

As for the rest of what you wrote.. yeah I get you. No point really 

The last 5 pages of this thread indicate that some of you need to take a break 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

Yeah so what if I read them and share the ideas on here. What's the issue? I should of maybe pasted the tweets here if anything.

As for the rest of what you wrote.. yeah I get you. No point really 

I was joking. We follow the same people so I was just pointing out that I saw where you got it from. Hence the lol at the end. 

4 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

I was joking. We follow the same people so I was just pointing out that I saw where you got it from. Hence the lol at the end. 

Ohh sorry bro. I didn't mean it rudely. My apologies. 

3 hours ago, Fultz4thewin said:

We're going to mostly stand pat at the deadline because there's really not much out there. We have 2 weeks so maybe things change but it's a weak market. There's not even really a guy we can sit around and argue about whether or not he fits our timeline sitting out there like Conley, Butler, etc of years past. 

There's no noise that hield is available but it would make sense that he would be. But his poison pill makes it incredibly difficult to swing a trade today vs waiting until the summer.  to make it work we'd either need to find a third and probably 4th team to shuffle players around or end up in a situation where we're stuck with an extremely unbalanced roster where we're playing augustin-mcw-Cory Joseph bench lineups for the rest of the year. 

I could see Chicago making a move but are they ready to cash in Coby White? I don't know. 

Denver doesn't seem interested in moving Beasley. Portland isn't trading anyone after Lillard's quotes from the other day other than maybe Whiteside. 

New Orleans wants to try to make a run.

San Antonio isn't moving DeRozan now that they're on a 13-10 run. 

So we have Sacramento stuff, Minnesota stuff, Knicks vets, Cleveland vets, that's about it other than some small contracts here and there

Anyone from the Knicks that could make us better?

See for me, it isn’t about a star. Be nice but want to 1 move away from Fournier/Vuch and 2 get guys that will mesh with Fultz/JI’s strengths.

36 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

See for me, it isn’t about a star. Be nice but want to 1 move away from Fournier/Vuch and 2 get guys that will mesh with Fultz/JI’s strengths.

Knicks want to dump their guys for picks. So would Fournier for Wayne Ellington and Taj Gibson make us better? Maybe. We'd be giving up the better player in the deal and hoping depth and lesser roles help fultz growth. But is it worth it in the short term for one year of those guys when they're going to ask for a pick coming back?

2 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:
41 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

For some reason I see a lot of Magic fans wanting to trade for DSJ but I dont get why, hes legitmately bad

4 hours ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

That's how we gauge trades now? How risky they are?

Should we make a move? Absolutely! Does it need to be risky? No...just make sure it's a good move. 

Lol no you do not gauge them on their risk, but if all your going to make is safe trades then you will end up with mediocrity. You have to risk losing in order to win big, that’s just logic. I’m sorry if that disturbs you. Now go back to your bubble. Lmao