Soul Bro

2019-2020 Official Trade Ideas Thread

Just now, Fultz4thewin said:

I can't believe we're sitting here criticising the front office for negotiating a trade to our significant benefit. 

That's exactly what I just said. This fan base is jaded!

2 minutes ago, random said:

Thats the point. Low risk moves that wont leave us handicapped for the next few years if they backfire. We are still dealing with what previous front office left us. Takes time to recycle in a way where we wont end up at the bottom of the league for the next 5 years. Yeah it sucks for us to see things the same for 1-2 years, but the summer with cap space doesnt come around every year. Need to wait for it and be in position where we can get something done when that time comes.

Let me just keep this fresh and in perspective, our current FO just resigned the previous FO’s player in Vuch. We got another coming up. Be wary.

2 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

You guys ***** and moan about us never winning a trade for years and years. Our management goes out and lands a potential star for a can of pringles and you guys find a way to ***** and moan.

Seriously jaded. Hate to see it.

No one is bashing the trade. 

6 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

I can't believe we're sitting here criticising the front office for negotiating a trade to our significant benefit. 

No one is criticizing it. Read objectively.

Its about this year. 

8 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

Lol jaded...Nah some of us just aren’t content after years of bs for mediocrity.

3 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

A great trade for Fultz yes, but a very low risk move as we gave up virtually nothing. Make a move with risk involved and show some balls. And actually show that you want to win a championship instead of filling the seats and propping up a “all star” player. 

1 hour ago, Magicman28 said:

At our draft position, JI was the best prospect.

JSimmons for Fultz? Doesn’t take much of a thought process on that one.

Lol. The majority of this board was very upset we passed on Smith Jr.

We had no business getting Fultz for what we got him for, the huge rumor was the Sixers wanted Ross baaaaad and we wouldn’t do it. Where I’m at is frustrated as hell with the current team, but still real excited about the future

14 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Lol. The majority of this board was very upset we passed on Smith Jr.

I was disappointed with it because we needed a PG desperately but I was a fan of drafting JI. In fact I was speaking favorably about him. Some folks said no because he was not an alpha and was a product of good coaching and players around him. I even looked into his high school days and defended him that he’s more than just a defensive presence.

3 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

We had no business getting Fultz for what we got him for, the huge rumor was the Sixers wanted Ross baaaaad and we wouldn’t do it. Where I’m at is frustrated as hell with the current team, but still real excited about the future

Yeah but if Philly could’ve gotten more don’t you think they would?

It’s a good trade. I’m glad we made it. Doesn’t work out we lose nothing. It’s what’s done afterward a year later. Don’t agree with resigning Vuch and if they stand pat at the deadline, I believe that’s a mistake.

16 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

A great trade for Fultz yes, but a very low risk move as we gave up virtually nothing. Make a move with risk involved and show some balls. And actually show that you want to win a championship instead of filling the seats and propping up a “all star” player. 

That's how we gauge trades now? How risky they are?

Should we make a move? Absolutely! Does it need to be risky? No...just make sure it's a good move.