Soul Bro

2019-2020 Official Trade Ideas Thread

And I think most of you guys think that what we talk about on here is the consensus opinion of magic fans but it's not. There's an extremely large contingent of magic fans who think we're not doing enough to build around Vucevic and we need to base our future around him and Fournier. 

1 minute ago, Fultz4thewin said:

You don't draft for need. You draft the player you think has the highest potential. 

Bamba wasn't even the consensus pick for us because most mocks had him going higher. You're just making **** up. 

What your delusional. Not going to defend this stuff anymore. It seems many other members remember it the exact same as i. It was a pick an  armchair Gm could have made using other peoples scouting reports.I thought these guys were better.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

1 minute ago, hootie249 said:

What your delusional. Not going to defend this stuff anymore. It seems many other members remember it the exact same as i. It was a pick an  armchair Gm could have made using other peoples scouting reports.I thought these guys were better.

Your memory sucks then. Because it's documented on the internet. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

And I think most of you guys think that what we talk about on here is the consensus opinion of magic fans but it's not. There's an extremely large contingent of magic fans who think we're not doing enough to build around Vucevic and we need to base our future around him and Fournier. 

Nah I know this. I’m from Orlando. I know what’s up. Problem is FO appeases to those. It’s got Alex Martins fingerprints all on it.

If Fultz trade was so obvious and easy, why didnt any of the other GMs trade for him ? Do you think Philly contacted us and said he guys, we really want Simmons, we can give you Fultz, ok ? Looks easy when done, for sure, but thats just a sign of a good work of our GM.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I have full confidence in our front office without a doubt. Matt Lloyd is still with us also. Between him and WeltHam we are in good hands definitely

7 minutes ago, random said:

If Fultz trade was so obvious and easy, why didnt any of the other GMs trade for him ? Do you think Philly contacted us and said he guys, we really want Simmons, we can give you Fultz, ok ? Looks easy when done, for sure, but thats just a sign of a good work of our GM.

Maybe because they didn’t try for him? Boston trades him. His time with Philly wasn’t exactly filled with rainbows. A lot of stuff was coming out. Maybe not true but some GM’s probably didn’t want to touch him. Hell, he even wasn’t our first choice as we were talking to other teams about other PG’s first.

Risk? What risk did we take? Jonathon Simmons? Again, is he even in the NBA? We had nothing to lose. I’m not bashing the pick. I want him to succeed and he has the potential but we can’t always resort to sitting on the bottom waiting for **** to fall. That may work in the end but yeah 2030 bruh.

• Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

I have full confidence in our front office without a doubt. Matt Lloyd is still with us also. Between him and WeltHam we are in good hands definitely

But remember who has the final say so in all of this...

Just now, Magicman28 said:

But remember who has the final say so in all of this...

Jeff Weltman to a degree and the Devos family if it's something that requires specific authority like going into the luxury tax

You guys keep throwing Martins out there as the scapegoat but he literally has no input. He's not Weltman's boss. He handles the business side. 

3 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Maybe because they didn’t try for him? Boston trades him. His time with Philly wasn’t exactly filled with rainbows. A lot of stuff was coming out. Maybe not true but some GM’s probably didn’t want to touch him. Risk? What risk did we take? Jonathon Simmons? Again, is he even in the NBA? We had nothing to lose. I’m not bashing the pick. I want him to succeed and he has the potential but we ca’t always rely sitting on the bottom waiting for **** to fall. That may work in the end but yeah 2030 bruh.

Thats the point. Low risk moves that wont leave us handicapped for the next few years if they backfire. We are still dealing with what previous front office left us. Takes time to recycle in a way where we wont end up at the bottom of the league for the next 5 years. Yeah it sucks for us to see things the same for 1-2 years, but the summer with cap space doesnt come around every year. Need to wait for it and be in position where we can get something done when that time comes.

You guys ***** and moan about us never winning a trade for years and years. Our management goes out and lands a potential star for a can of pringles and you guys find a way to ***** and moan.

Seriously jaded. Hate to see it.

2 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Jeff Weltman to a degree and the Devos family if it's something that requires specific authority like going into the luxury tax

You guys keep throwing Martins out there as the scapegoat but he literally has no input. He's not Weltman's boss. He handles the business side. 

Come on son