Soul Bro

2019-2020 Official Trade Ideas Thread

I hate investing big money in players that you can find replacements for with relative ease. Fournier was a bit more important to this team last year when he was the only perimeter creator but now that we have fultz the window of acceptable players to fill that role widens. 

It just doesn't make sense to invest in solid players without high level qualities. Fournier the 42% three point shooter is an interesting player. Fournier the 37% three point shooter isn't. 

3 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

I hate investing big money in players that you can find replacements for with relative ease. Fournier was a bit more important to this team last year when he was the only perimeter creator but now that we have fultz the window of acceptable players to fill that role widens. 

It just doesn't make sense to invest in solid players without high level qualities. Fournier the 42% three point shooter is an interesting player. Fournier the 37% three point shooter isn't. 

odds.

9 mins ago – via Kevin O'Connor @ The Ringer
The Orlando Magic are persistent on keeping EuroBall alive and well in Orlando even though the youth on the roster needs to go in a different direction. Look for Orlando to be rumored in a lot of deals but ultimately to shy to do anything and bring back Fournier on a 80M 4 year deal.

If they’re going to do this, I want a new FO ASAP.

17 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:
odds.

9 mins ago – via Kevin O'Connor @ The Ringer
The Orlando Magic are persistent on keeping EuroBall alive and well in Orlando even though the youth on the roster needs to go in a different direction. Look for Orlando to be rumored in a lot of deals but ultimately to shy to do anything and bring back Fournier on a 80M 4 year deal.

If they’re going to do this, I want a new FO ASAP.

I hope this is just a way to increase Evan's trade value. I will be thoroughly disappointed if we re-sign Evan....

6 minutes ago, andrew2018022 said:

I hope this is just a way to increase Evan's trade value. I will be thoroughly disappointed if we re-sign Evan....

He was joking

Can't we just trade Fournier straight up for JJ Redick and filler in either direction. Fournier makes sense in NO long-term and JJ's contract through the 2020-21 season fits perfectly with us needing to re-sign Isaac and Fultz to what will likely be max to near max contracts.  Win win

3 minutes ago, magicblue said:

Can't we just trade Fournier straight up for JJ Redick and filler in either direction. Fournier makes sense in NO long-term and JJ's contract through the 2020-21 season fits perfectly with us needing to re-sign Isaac and Fultz to what will likely be max to near max contracts.  Win win

New Orleans isn't interested in making moves. 

New Orleans wouldn't trade for Evan on an expiring deal without draft picks attached to make it worth it in case he leaves. 

Who would Fournier resign there to be a backup?

Why wouldn't New Orleans prefer JJ as a bench player given he's significantly better in a limited role and New Orleans already has ball handlers, perimeter creators, and volume scorers on the roster?

4 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

New Orleans isn't interested in making moves. 

New Orleans wouldn't trade for Evan on an expiring deal without draft picks attached to make it worth it in case he leaves. 

Who would Fournier resign there to be a backup?

Why wouldn't New Orleans prefer JJ as a bench player given he's significantly better in a limited role and New Orleans already has ball handlers, perimeter creators, and volume scorers on the roster?

I'm just saying I wish we could bro

2 hours ago, andrew2018022 said:

What would a trade for Myles Turner look like? I think he would be a great fit here to replace Vooch

Yeah I don’t think there’s a chance in hell.

• Upvote 1