Soul Bro

2019-2020 Official Trade Ideas Thread

I'll elaborate. Offensively, I've seen enough that I love Malik Beasley. He's a good shooter who can run. Doesn't give us the ball-handling and passing that Fournier does, but his spot up shooting is good, and he can get up and down the floor. I think that's exactly what we should be looking for long-term in a SG. As long as he is solid defensively, and cheap long-term, I'd love to get Beasley. I've seen enough to know he's not a terrible defender, but I wasn't really watching closely enough to adequately judge him there.

I think Beasley and Hernangomez for DJ and our 2020 1st would work, but I'm not sure they'd do it.

18 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

I'm not giving up our first this year unless it's packaged for a star. WeltHam pick up gems in them ranges we should be in. 

This draft is crappy where we're picking. There were supposed to be a bunch of interesting wings and every single one of them has underperformed

6 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

This draft is crappy where we're picking. There were supposed to be a bunch of interesting wings and every single one of them has underperformed

There's always somebody in them ranges I feel WeltHam could snag. But I also understand what you're saying. 

Davis Bertans, who is making $7MM this year, will be a free agent at the end of the season and many around the league expect his next contract to be a lucrative one.

“He’s going to be a hot commodity.” a rival Eastern Conference front office executive told Hoops Rumors. “He’s earned himself a sizeable raise. $15MM per season isn’t out of the question. $20MM? It’s possible.”

That isn’t the first time we’ve heard numbers in that neighborhood thrown around in reference to Bertans. A former front office executive who spoke to David Aldridge of The Athletic earlier in the season estimated that the 27-year-old would get a multiyear deal worth $15-20MM annually.

The free agent landscape this summer may not be as player-friendly as it has been in recent years, since there aren’t many teams projected to have significant cap room. Still, that won’t stop teams from pursuing their top targets.

If Bertans is worth $20M/year, what is Fournier worth?

1 hour ago, Magicman28 said:

How much better is CJ than Fournier?

Noticably but not significantly

McCollum is objectively better but he's probably an 18ppg guy 38% three point shooter who is great at scoring out of pick and rolls in the mid-range and has a higher offensive single game ceiling. 

Fournier is probably a 17ppg guy 37% three point shooter who is better at using his size to get to the rim resulting in better 2 point percentages and more trips to the line. 

In a vacuum McCollum is like 10% better because he can take 30 shots and go off for 50 in the right game and Evan can't do that. But when you look at their contracts I'm not sure McCollum does that often enough to be worth the significant long term money he's getting. 

And with the magic I think we'd be in a position where we'd have to shift the team into a "how do we put CJ in the best position to succeed" mode and build the roster into an offense designed around getting CJ as many pick and roll opportunities as possible to exploit his strengths vs fitting CJ into the long term Isaac/fultz plan. And that's not necessarily wrong to do with the right player but I'm not sure McCollum is a guy you turn your franchise over to. 

16 hours ago, Fultz4thewin said:

I'm not all that interested in trading stuff for a thing we already have when that thing is a backup. It'd be one thing if Frank was on a minimum deal and we could just flip a second rounder for him but he makes 4.9 million which means you need to give something real back to them. 

Maybe something like a $4.9M injured player exception