Soul Bro

2019-2020 Official Trade Ideas Thread

58 minutes ago, magicblue said:

I don't think we trade Augustine for two reasons. His leadership ability on a team that lacks veteran leadership and his relationship with Fultz and the fact that they share the same agent. The cost outweighs the reward IMO

People keep talking about DJ been a trading piece not realizing that we WILL be on the playoff as well. He is exactly what we need on that back up PG role. Not to mention he is expiring.  It is not like we will be getting great talent back from him. I rather keep him than getting a likely late second round pick from him. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

People keep talking about DJ been a trading piece not realizing that we WILL be on the playoff as well. He is exactly what we need on that back up PG role. Not to mention he is expiring.  It is not like we will be getting great talent back from him. I rather keep him than getting a likely late second round pick from him. 

Thank you, too, magicdoc1. What are people thinking who want him traded. To do that would be a setback at this point in the season. While I like MCW and his heart and hustle defense, we have another scorer in DJ (a 3pt threat), also a good passer.

Do people want to make strides in the playoffs or not--instead of 'one and done' in the first round.

41 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

I don't think we'll flip dj for the sake of getting something back for him but his contract is going to be a necessary inclusion for bigger deals or guys on rookie contracts

On 1/20/2020 at 1:11 PM, Fultz4thewin said:

He's a super selfish player that makes terrible decisions with the ball and consistently chooses difficult shots over passing to a teammate. 

Genuine question. Do you feel the same way about Devin Booker? He seems to be in the same vein as LaVine where he can score a lot but isn't a good defender and the jury is still out on if he can be a winning player. Like, let's say in a year or two Booker requests a trade. Would you feel comfortable cashing in our assets on him?

14 minutes ago, andrew2018022 said:

Genuine question. Do you feel the same way about Devin Booker? He seems to be in the same vein as LaVine where he can score a lot but isn't a good defender and the jury is still out on if he can be a winning player. Like, let's say in a year or two Booker requests a trade. Would you feel comfortable cashing in our assets on him?

I would feel more comfortable. I think Booker is closer to Lavine than he is to someone like Beal but smarter basketball people than me differentiate between Booker and Lavine specifically where Booker is a good player being hampered by his situation while Lavine is a empty stats player actively contributing to his poor situation. 

4 hours ago, Fultz4thewin said:

I would feel more comfortable. I think Booker is closer to Lavine than he is to someone like Beal but smarter basketball people than me differentiate between Booker and Lavine specifically where Booker is a good player being hampered by his situation while Lavine is a empty stats player actively contributing to his poor situation. 

Somehow Beal is the worst of the 3 looking at stats/metrics this year. It's so hard to judge guys in bad situations. 

image.png

image.thumb.png.c4772c4322e63551ed558d5c5ac6f41c.png

10 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

I've spent like 45 minutes trying to come up with a plausible hold trade and I can't figure it out. Probably scratch that one off the list

Okay, you've got me on this one - what do you mean by "hold trade"?

2 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

Okay, you've got me on this one - what do you mean by "hold trade"?

Lol. I think he means Hield trade