Soul Bro

2019-2020 Official Trade Ideas Thread

14 hours ago, Fultz4thewin said:

I think the deal we should consider is something built around Fournier and our pick for Buddy Hield. 

Buy low on him knowing he's definitely a better shooter than he's showing. 

That’s what I’m praying for. 

6 hours ago, Babir_9 said:

Your thoughts on trading Augustine for D-Rose?

I'm not sure a short term trade really makes sense. If we sputter around the rest of the season and take care of business against bad teams and don't ever really beat good teams consistently we'll, in all likelihood, be the 7th seed. 

If we make a valiant effort and upset a bunch of great teams and match last year's 22-9 finish with a 26-12 finish this year we'll, in all likelihood, be the 7th seed. 

So we need to focus on potential moves for next season. Or small ones that wouldn't require a first round pick going out. 

6 hours ago, Babir_9 said:

Your thoughts on trading Augustine for D-Rose?

I would do it, but unless we give them pick(s), I don't see DET doing it...

Anyway, I do agree that we really NEED to do something. While we just won yesterday and are congratulating each other on how well we played as a team, I honestly think this "ternure" will only last until our next ugly performance, like last saturday @GSW.

IMO, we need to capitalize now on the good numbers of Fournier this season and on the apparent interest of some teams in Augustine, so the first move I would do would be a 3-team trade with the Mavs and the Lakers:

https://tradenba.com/trades/OYGyhh1Sm

I can see both Mavs and Lakers being open to do this as they both want to "push" for a good playoffs run this year.

After this I would be hesitant in staying put until end of season or go for a 2nd deal... If so, I would target another "top-tier" team that looks to be open to deal at the moment: the Nuggets. Seeing that they're over-crowded with guards and in need for help around Jokic, I would be very tempted to approach them for this deal:

https://tradenba.com/trades/Yy7iYe7G7

Hell, I know moving AG is a polemic subject in here, but... YES, I would do this deal! Moreover, I would even give our 2020 1st round pick instead of a 2nd rounder to convince them to include MPJ in the deal.

7 minutes ago, JayMac said:

I would do it, but unless we give them pick(s), I don't see DET doing it...

Anyway, I do agree that we really NEED to do something. While we just won yesterday and are congratulating each other on how well we played as a team, I honestly think this "ternure" will only last until our next ugly performance, like last saturday @GSW.

IMO, we need to capitalize now on the good numbers of Fournier this season and on the apparent interest of some teams in Augustine, so the first move I would do would be a 3-team trade with the Mavs and the Lakers:

I can see both Mavs and Lakers being open to do this as they both want to "push" for a good playoffs run this year.

After this I would be hesitant in staying put until end of season or go for a 2nd deal... If so, I would target another "top-tier" team that looks to be open to deal at the moment: the Nuggets. Seeing that they're over-crowded with guards and in need for help around Jokic, I would be very tempted to approach them for this deal:

https://tradenba.com/trades/Yy7iYe7G7

Hell, I know moving AG is a polemic subject in here, but... YES, I would do this deal! Moreover, I would even give our 2020 1st round pick instead of a 2nd rounder to convince them to include MPJ in the deal.

I think the Lakers interest in augustin died with his contraction of boneitis 

Trade deadline is February 6th. Augustin is supposed to be out through February 5th at the earliest. Nobody is going to trade for augustin the player. Some team might trade for his expiring contract. 

19 minutes ago, JayMac said:

. . .Anyway, I do agree that we really NEED to do something. While we just won yesterday and are congratulating each other on how well we played as a team, I honestly think this "ternure" will only last until our next ugly performance, like last saturday @GSW.

IMO, we need to capitalize now on the good numbers of . . . and on the apparent interest of some teams in Augustine, so the first move I would do would be a 3-team trade with the Mavs and the Lakers:

DNEObI.gif     <"Oh My Gosh_No Way"!           RmMYj4.png

14 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Trade deadline is February 6th. Augustin is supposed to be out through February 5th at the earliest. Nobody is going to trade for augustin the player. Some team might trade for his expiring contract. 

Could it be possible that we're holding him out because he's going to be traded and we can't have him get injured? This "injury" he has seems like baloney

18 hours ago, hootie249 said:

I think this discussion doesn't mean much.Gm's have pride. Hield and Lavine were the main pieces in two huge trades.Trading either player would get people fired. Unless it's for a star.

Edit: I really don't see the Bulls needing anything from us.The Kings, however are desperate. It would have to be a multiplayer trade though.

Divac should be fired for taking Bagley over Luka, so I think he has some leeway there to trade a guy like Hield

I don't think we trade Augustine for two reasons. His leadership ability on a team that lacks veteran leadership and his relationship with Fultz and the fact that they share the same agent. The cost outweighs the reward IMO

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, magicblue said:

I don't think we trade Augustine for two reasons. His leadership ability on a team that lacks veteran leadership and his relationship with Fultz and the fact that they share the same agent. The cost outweighs the reward IMO

Thank you so much, magicblue. It just makes sense.

I read the article that was posted about how DJ has been a mentor for Fultz while he was going through stuff at Philly. DJ is a veteran, and it is quite evident that he has played a role in Fultz's mental development.

DJ has been there for him before and after arriving in Orlando. You can tell Fultz is playing with a lot of confidence, and you cannot question the value DJ has with the Magic even if it is as a 3rd pg in the rotation for the next couple of years. He is not a bad backup point guard (better than Duhon and Grant).

6 minutes ago, Tank Vogel said:

Divac should be fired for taking Bagley over Luka, so I think he has some leeway there to trade a guy like Hield

Plus they have to make a move just to shake things up

If you look up Fournier and hields numbers this year it's arguable which one is better so throwing our pick into the deal makes it really appealing on their side

Fournier grew up a Sacramento fan so he wouldn't be opposed to staying. 

I think they'd consider it. 

Now hield is poison pilled so we can't just do fournier and a pick for him. It needs to be a larger trade. And I'm not convinced any trade machine is handling that properly. 

Also I'm not thrilled with the fit here. But if we're getting away from fournier and want to put fultz in the best position to succeed we either need to go after a  3-D shooting guard who can play high level defense and hit open shots maybe at the expense of gross scoring numbers (i.e. a Danny Green type guy) or we need to go after an elite off ball scorer (i.e. JJ type guy). And that second guy needs to be able to have plays run for him (like a better Ross). So while a guy like Joe Harris might seem like he fits based on his gross shooting numbers it feels like he just stands on the line and doesn't put any stress on a defense. 

7 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Also I'm not thrilled with the fit here. But if we're getting away from fournier and want to put fultz in the best position to succeed we either need to go after a  3-D shooting guard who can play high level defense and hit open shots maybe at the expense of gross scoring numbers (i.e. a Danny Green type guy) or we need to go after an elite off ball scorer (i.e. JJ type guy). And that second guy needs to be able to have plays run for him (like a better Ross). So while a guy like Joe Harris might seem like he fits based on his gross shooting numbers it feels like he just stands on the line and doesn't put any stress on a defense. 

This is why I was asking people's opinion on 3&D guys at SG we could acquire reasonably. The problem I have with a Hield trade, as much as I like the guy, is that he hurts our defense, while not giving us a huge bump on the offensive end. Fournier is not a terrific defender. But he is a solid TEAM defender, which I haven't seen any evidence that Hield is.

It seems like the 3&D Shooting Guard is going away, to some degree. I don't see a lot of young ones out there. I think Mikal Bridges can play SG, but 1) he hasn't proven the 3 part of 3&D, and 2) he hasn't played a lot of SG in the NBA; mostly SF. Josh Richardson is good, but is he really good enough at the 3, and how would we get him? Where's a young Wes Matthews when we need him?