Soul Bro

2019-2020 Official Trade Ideas Thread

5 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

I just thought everyone was against Evan's style of play, not his cost. 

1 minute ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Yeah it's tough because I understand resigning Fournier even though I'd prefer other options. Especially considering his shooting has fallen back down to earth. It probably makes more sense to either go after elite shooting at that spot or elite defense for long term prospects. 

What I don't understand is moving on from Evan for a less expensive Evan. Especially considering 14 million per year doesn't really do anything for us vs 19 million per year. 

Mostly I like Evan for the first 40-42 minutes of each game; it is crunch-time Evan who tries (is asked?) to do too much and doesn't play within himself that I don't like. The occasional proliferation of "buddy ball" with Vuc, and the over-reliance on dribbling are issues at times; but it is the fact that he isn't the closer/one-on-one/get-us-a-basket player we need; and yet he ends up in that position too much of the time. How much of that is that we lack a true go-to player, how much is the coaching, and how much is Evan, is something I have never been able to truly ascertain; but we always seem to go away from our motion-based, team offense at the end of games. Is he paid too much to be a 3rd option player, possibly; is he paid too much to be a 1st/2nd option player, probably not. Is he truly capable of being a 1st/2nd option player - that is the true question, and so far I have to say no. 

3 hours ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

It pains me to say this, but unless a miracle happens like him taking a pep pill (which is not going to happen) and instantly become a monster on the court, I think it's time for him to go. 

As was said earlier about Magette (sp), it's painful for me watch Mo play also. It's like watching the replay of a game in slow motion. Also, like watching a really old, retired nba player trying to play with much younger, energetic guys.

Every 10 or 12 games, Mo plays inspired basketball.

I’m not sure what you’re looking for in regards to Bamba. He’s already a very good defensive center (5 point differential in defensive rating when he’s on the court versus off) and has shown a developing three point shot. That’s pretty much what we drafted him to be— a difference maker on defense who can play as a stretch 5. 

I get that he doesn’t “look” good, but his ability to alter shots is already elite imo (evidenced by his block %).

2 hours ago, Fultz4thewin said:

So if Evan took a discount to stay here you'd be fine keeping him?

Honestly guys i liked making the playoffs last year.My proposed trades are all about helping us now while not screwing us in the future.So i keep coming up with trades that keep many of the players people want here. Most of my proposals are with other mismanaged teams.Most of the players i mention are not perfect, but might be a better fit. Or they they could lead to a little more flexibility. I brought up Kings players because they are likely to be dealt if possible. Do i think either trade is probable? Probably not but i know the players i mentioned could help us. It all depends what we give up. People on this board are tired of the status quo.Did you see Bjelica torch us last night? He has done this most of the season. What if we could trade one player and just get him? You don't think it would help us? 

That's the catch though, they probably want a bad contract gone. So i mention Bogdan, a player who is rumored to be traded to better teams then ours. As usual in 2 weeks he will be on another team but people question his ability to help the Magic. Then of course i mention Dedmon, maybe the price to do business. Sometimes it's worth taking a chance, he played wonderful on the Spurs just two years ago and he is not old yet. 

Anyway, these are trades that at least seem possible. I could just make an unrealistic trade proposal for stars like Kat, or Beal or other proposals a year too late for Brown or Brogdon. Those proposals are fun but are never happening. Others mention proposals for guys like Morris, or Harris. Some have mentioned Demar or Redick. It's always the same responses, people worried about the money or years, if it's a rental and who we are going to give up! Guys it's time to honestly embrace change. Who are you willing to move on from? Because the idea of not  trading away anyone unless it's for a star is bull****. We have to start looking at the teams in trouble. Wolves,Bulls,Kings,Blazers heck even Philly! it's time for us to make a change with some team that's desperate. I picked the Kings because we just played them, they have no center, too many forwards and a shooter heavily rumored to be moved! 

58 minutes ago, 3rd Quarter Collapse said:

I’m not sure what you’re looking for in regards to Bamba. He’s already a very good defensive center (5 point differential in defensive rating when he’s on the court versus off) and has shown a developing three point shot. That’s pretty much what we drafted him to be— a difference maker on defense who can play as a stretch 5. 

I get that he doesn’t “look” good, but his ability to alter shots is already elite imo (evidenced by his block %).

He has looked better on defense, and i even mentioned his shot blocking.I just said it wasn't elite. I watch most of the games i have seen a few of his great blocks. To me he is expendable because he seems like the project player that get coaches and Gm's fired. He just wasn't drafted quite high enough to be a big bust and Isaac looks great.Combine that with having an all-star playing his position and Bamba and Weltham caught a big break. Nuff said.

2 hours ago, hootie249 said:

He has looked better on defense, and i even mentioned his shot blocking.I just said it wasn't elite. I watch most of the games i have seen a few of his great blocks. To me he is expendable because he seems like the project player that get coaches and Gm's fired. He just wasn't drafted quite high enough to be a big bust and Isaac looks great.Combine that with having an all-star playing his position and Bamba and Weltham caught a big break. Nuff said.

There are only 4 players in the league (who have played real minutes) that block shots at a higher rate than Bamba. That's pretty elite. 

I don't know if he's going to be good. He could be John Henson. But there's enough there to show he's worth developing. 

10 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

There are only 4 players in the league (who have played real minutes) that block shots at a higher rate than Bamba. That's pretty elite. 

I don't know if he's going to be good. He could be John Henson. But there's enough there to show he's worth developing. 

Nice post... didn't know that.

4 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

Nice post... didn't know that.

Yeah you watch him get pushed around out there and it feels like he's on the brink of catastrophe pretty often but his shot blocking numbers are great. His rim protection numbers are top 15 among all centers that have played more than 20 games. 

When Bamba is just on the court opponents shoot 56% at the rim. Second best on the team behind Aminu. Vuc is 61, Birch is 62.5. 

And his on/off numbers are great. 

So he's not good. You can watch him and see he's not good. A lot of these stats might be caused by playing limited minutes only against backups. But he's somehow a positive impact player in his role. There's enough raw good stuff there that if you can develop away the bad stuff you have a really good player. 

44 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Yeah you watch him get pushed around out there and it feels like he's on the brink of catastrophe pretty often but his shot blocking numbers are great. His rim protection numbers are top 15 among all centers that have played more than 20 games. 

When Bamba is just on the court opponents shoot 56% at the rim. Second best on the team behind Aminu. Vuc is 61, Birch is 62.5. 

And his on/off numbers are great. 

So he's not good. You can watch him and see he's not good. A lot of these stats might be caused by playing limited minutes only against backups. But he's somehow a positive impact player in his role. There's enough raw good stuff there that if you can develop away the bad stuff you have a really good player. 

I haven't been able to do enough deep watching this season but there has to be an explanation on why his impact is what it is while also looking like he is terrible. 

I know early on in the season his rotations were bad and he was out of position a lot. Has that improved any? Just being in the right spot can impact a defense even if you're playing defense terribly. 

I wonder how much his length plays into it. Being in the wrong spot but being long enough to still alter shots can make up for getting pushed around or being in the wrong spot. 

I don't know if I can think of anything else without really watching him for a few games.

Seeing some talk on Twitter that the mavs could be interested in fournier.... think they would give us Brunson? They don’t really have many other assets 

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=w3z9yrk

edit: would be cool to see us also get Bridges from the suns and have the Villanova boys back on the same team

17 hours ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

I haven't been able to do enough deep watching this season but there has to be an explanation on why his impact is what it is while also looking like he is terrible. 

I know early on in the season his rotations were bad and he was out of position a lot. Has that improved any? Just being in the right spot can impact a defense even if you're playing defense terribly. 

I wonder how much his length plays into it. Being in the wrong spot but being long enough to still alter shots can make up for getting pushed around or being in the wrong spot. 

I don't know if I can think of anything else without really watching him for a few games.

He just doesn't play with enough energy, so it looks really bad.

49 minutes ago, Okethree said:

Seeing some talk on Twitter that the mavs could be interested in fournier.... think they would give us Brunson? They don’t really have many other assets 

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=w3z9yrk

edit: would be cool to see us also get Bridges from the suns and have the Villanova boys back on the same team

Think we'd prefer wright to brunson