Soul Bro

2019-2020 Official Trade Ideas Thread

4 hours ago, ML6 said:

If most people don't want to pay to keep Fournier, why would we want to pay for Bogdan who will be due for a big contract in restricted FA?

You somewhat just answered your own question. Fournier has a player option to become an UFA, while Bogdan will be a RFA. Thus, we have more control over Bogdan's situation than we do with Fournier. 

I personally think it'd be wise to trade for a Beasley, Bogdanovic or other guard who is either going to be a RFA or is signed beyond next summer to hedge our bets around the Fournier situation. If it costs us our protected 1st in 2020, I'd rather add someone with some experience than simply add another late lotto rookie next summer.

3 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

You somewhat just answered your own question. Fournier has a player option to become an UFA, while Bogdan will be a RFA. Thus, we have more control over Bogdan's situation than we do with Fournier. 

I personally think it'd be wise to trade for a Beasley, Bogdanovic or other guard who is either going to be a RFA or is signed beyond next summer to hedge our bets around the Fournier situation. If it costs us our protected 1st in 2020, I'd rather add someone with some experience than simply add another late lotto rookie next summer.

Yeah but is your only problem with Fournier his contract?

1 hour ago, jmmagicfan said:

Except he is - he's already played more games and more minutes per game than he ever did in Philly.  His PER, FG%, FT% and TS% are all up significantly. Philly fans are just pissed that the team traded him away for peanuts, and now with time/patience for his recovery, we are starting to see dividends. Yes, his turnovers are of some concern, but not really more concerning than any rookie point guard, which is what he really is from an experience standpoint. 

Regular Season Averages

GP GS MIN FG FG% 3PT 3P% FT FT% OR DR REB AST BLK STL PF TO PTS
14 0 18.1 3.2-7.9 40.5 0.0-0.1 0.0 0.7-1.5 47.6 0.8 2.3 3.1 3.8 0.3 0.9 1.6 1.2 7.1
19 15 22.5 3.4-8.2 41.9 0.2-0.7 28.6 1.1-1.9 56.8 1.4 2.3 3.7 3.1 0.3 0.9 2.7 1.3 8.2
39 34 26.9 4.7-10.2 46.1 0.5-1.7 26.5 1.6-2.2 72.9 0.5 2.7 3.2 4.5 0.2 1.3 2.0 2.0 11.5

Advanced Stats

P/40 R/40 A/40 TS% AST TO USG REBR PER    
15.8 6.8 8.4 41.6 27.9 8.9 23.9 9.2 12.44 - -
14.5 6.6 5.5 45.2 23.1 9.8 19.9 8.7 10.52 - -
17.1 4.7 6.6 51.3 25.3 11.3 22.4 6.2 13.94

Yeah I was just digging at Philly fans who say that Fultz is doing “nothing new”, while they ignore that his stats and efficiency are up in every category. They’re kidding themselves to feel better. 

23 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

So if Evan took a discount to stay here you'd be fine keeping him?

sad to say, but i think Evan gets 20 mil or higher from a team next year. If so, he is gone....

1 minute ago, ML6 said:

Yeah I was just digging at Philly fans who say that Fultz is doing “nothing new”, while they ignore that his stats and efficiency are up in every category. They’re kidding themselves to feel better. 

Sorry, I missed the sarcasm, though I found the stats interesting; they do seem to match the "eyeball" test. 

Just now, LaVar said:

sad to say, but i think Evan gets 20 mil or higher from a team next year. If so, he is gone....

I just thought everyone was against Evan's style of play, not his cost. 

22 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Not aiming this at you specifically bc I don’t memorize people’s individual Fournier views, but there is a large contingent on here that clearly wants to move on from Fournier strictly for the sake of trying something new. And that group ignores that Fournier has been an above average SG this year whose production won’t be that easy to replace.

So in the context of trading Fournier for Bogdan, I just hope people realize that that’s pretty similar to resigning an older Fournier. You’re not increasing our ceiling at SG. 

Just now, Fultz4thewin said:

I just thought everyone was against Evan's style of play, not his cost. 

I understand. There are a lot of people that hate the buddy ball between him and vuch... 

Even though it seems to be one of our better go to plays...

26 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Yeah but is your only problem with Fournier his contract?

Primarily, yes. I think Fournier will want a big deal on the open market (85+ mm/4 years like Brogdon). If we can get Bogdanovic to sign a Ross type deal (50mm/4 years), that's a big difference. 

6 minutes ago, LaVar said:

I understand. There are a lot of people that hate the buddy ball between him and vuch... 

Even though it seems to be one of our better go to plays...

Yeah it's tough because I understand resigning Fournier even though I'd prefer other options. Especially considering his shooting has fallen back down to earth. It probably makes more sense to either go after elite shooting at that spot or elite defense for long term prospects. 

What I don't understand is moving on from Evan for a less expensive Evan. Especially considering 14 million per year doesn't really do anything for us vs 19 million per year. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Primarily, yes. I think Fournier will want a big deal on the open market (85+ mm/4 years like Brogdon). If we can get Bogdanovic to sign a Ross type deal (50mm/4 years), that's a big difference. 

I think Bogdan gets something like 15m per year. On the open market he's probably better than Ross because he does more stuff on the court. Though I think Ross is better for his specific role on this team. 

13 minutes ago, ML6 said:

So in the context of trading Fournier for Bogdan, I just hope people realize that that’s pretty similar to resigning an older Fournier. You’re not increasing our ceiling at SG. 

Just an FYI, I think Fournier is a better player overall but they are only two months apart in age.