Soul Bro

2019-2020 Official Trade Ideas Thread

11 minutes ago, 3rd Quarter Collapse said:

With Fultz having dramatically improved his FT% and mid range game since leaving Philly, I’m hoping that it’s just a matter of time before his 3 point shot improves as well.

Philly fans would have you know that actually he isn't doing anything new at all.

1 minute ago, Magicman28 said:

The shooting...I don’t know he’ll ever be strong at that.

I'm pretty optimistic that it will come around. But even if it's not going to come around he's showing all of the signs you want to see from a young star player. The ability to beat good defenders off the dribble. Super positive on/off numbers. The ability to make others better. Leaping off the screen at times. Taking over games for stretches. 

On 12/30/2019 at 4:13 PM, Fultz4thewin said:

Mikal Bridges was a 44% three point shooter in college. He's probably going to be a great three point shooter. Just needs time

He for some reason developed a hitch that he didn't have in college. 

5 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

What teams might want Bamba? If we’re keeping Vooch, which might be the case, we need to look at trading Big Mo.

It pains me to say this, but unless a miracle happens like him taking a pep pill (which is not going to happen) and instantly become a monster on the court, I think it's time for him to go. 

As was said earlier about Magette (sp), it's painful for me watch Mo play also. It's like watching the replay of a game in slow motion. Also, like watching a really old, retired nba player trying to play with much younger, energetic guys.

Every 10 or 12 games, Mo plays inspired basketball.

29 minutes ago, ML6 said:

Philly fans would have you know that actually he isn't doing anything new at all.

Except he is - he's already played more games and more minutes per game than he ever did in Philly.  His PER, FG%, FT% and TS% are all up significantly. Philly fans are just pissed that the team traded him away for peanuts, and now with time/patience for his recovery, we are starting to see dividends. Yes, his turnovers are of some concern, but not really more concerning than any rookie point guard, which is what he really is from an experience standpoint. 

Regular Season Averages

GP GS MIN FG FG% 3PT 3P% FT FT% OR DR REB AST BLK STL PF TO PTS
14 0 18.1 3.2-7.9 40.5 0.0-0.1 0.0 0.7-1.5 47.6 0.8 2.3 3.1 3.8 0.3 0.9 1.6 1.2 7.1
19 15 22.5 3.4-8.2 41.9 0.2-0.7 28.6 1.1-1.9 56.8 1.4 2.3 3.7 3.1 0.3 0.9 2.7 1.3 8.2
39 34 26.9 4.7-10.2 46.1 0.5-1.7 26.5 1.6-2.2 72.9 0.5 2.7 3.2 4.5 0.2 1.3 2.0 2.0 11.5

Advanced Stats

P/40 R/40 A/40 TS% AST TO USG REBR PER    
15.8 6.8 8.4 41.6 27.9 8.9 23.9 9.2 12.44 - -
14.5 6.6 5.5 45.2 23.1 9.8 19.9 8.7 10.52 - -
17.1 4.7 6.6 51.3 25.3 11.3 22.4 6.2 13.94
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

It pains me to say this, but unless a miracle happens like him taking a pep pill (which is not going to happen) and instantly become a monster on the court, I think it's time for him to go. 

As was said earlier about Magette (sp), it's painful for me watch Mo play also. It's like watching the replay of a game in slow motion. Also, like watching a really old, retired nba player trying to play with much younger, energetic guys.

Read the various posts about Bamba. I stand by what i said, Bamba's upside is in his soft shooting touch, and his ability to be a shooting center. Without that he looks like your typical super big, long freakish NBA big man prospect who seems to have no ability to play the game. Sorry to be so harsh, just what i see.Every year teams draft about 2 or 3 of them in the top 15. So i agree with TrueMagic fan. In my eyes if we make no moves this season he has to show some of that offensive talent soon.

3 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

I'm still on the fence about Mo, again only because he is so young, and it is still so early in his career. Remember, he has just now played a full season's worth of games. He played only 47 games last year, and has played 36 so far this year. His 3P% is up this year, his FT% is up this year, and his rebounding is up a little as well. He is making incremental steps, and the game hasn't really slowed down for him yet. I think we will have a lot better idea of who Mo will be as a (long-term) player when we get closer to May. I think the evaluation of whether to keep Mo or move on will be this summer. 

3 hours ago, ML6 said:

If most people don't want to pay to keep Fournier, why would we want to pay for Bogdan who will be due for a big contract in restricted FA?

He isn't due for a "big" contract. He is due for a contract less then Evan's and would give us flexibility in case Evan opts out. If they both opt out we have some cap space, if one stays for cheap there you go. If the third contract is Aminu it's a win. If it's just Ross and Bamba then no. If we had to throw in DJ and received Bjelica  i would do it.

I just think the flexibility is important.

55 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

Except he is - he's already played more games and more minutes per game than he ever did in Philly.  His PER, FG%, FT% and TS% are all up significantly. Philly fans are just pissed that the team traded him away for peanuts, and now with time/patience for his recovery, we are starting to see dividends. Yes, his turnovers are of some concern, but not really more concerning than any rookie point guard, which is what he really is from an experience standpoint. 

Regular Season Averages

GP GS MIN FG FG% 3PT 3P% FT FT% OR DR REB AST BLK STL PF TO PTS
14 0 18.1 3.2-7.9 40.5 0.0-0.1 0.0 0.7-1.5 47.6 0.8 2.3 3.1 3.8 0.3 0.9 1.6 1.2 7.1
19 15 22.5 3.4-8.2 41.9 0.2-0.7 28.6 1.1-1.9 56.8 1.4 2.3 3.7 3.1 0.3 0.9 2.7 1.3 8.2
39 34 26.9 4.7-10.2 46.1 0.5-1.7 26.5 1.6-2.2 72.9 0.5 2.7 3.2 4.5 0.2 1.3 2.0 2.0 11.5

Advanced Stats

P/40 R/40 A/40 TS% AST TO USG REBR PER    
15.8 6.8 8.4 41.6 27.9 8.9 23.9 9.2 12.44 - -
14.5 6.6 5.5 45.2 23.1 9.8 19.9 8.7 10.52 - -
17.1 4.7 6.6 51.3 25.3 11.3 22.4 6.2 13.94

Good post

The opinions of Bamba on here depend too much on what he's done in the previous few games. 

He's consistently an elite level shot blocker. He's consistently inconsistent in his game to game performance. He's been a positive player for us this year (which surprised me). We play elite defense with him on the court. Clifford has to yank him out of games here and there because he does something wrong. 

He's shown enough to continue developing him and Vucevic's defense regressed again so we're not at the point where we should want to keep him long term. 

We shouldn't trade Bamba unless we're getting a big piece back. 

32 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

Read the various posts about Bamba. I stand by what i said, Bamba's upside is in his soft shooting touch, and his ability to be a shooting center. Without that he looks like your typical super big, long freakish NBA big man prospect who seems to have no ability to play the game. Sorry to be so harsh, just what i see.Every year teams draft about 2 or 3 of them in the top 15. So i agree with TrueMagic fan. In my eyes if we make no moves this season he has to show some of that offensive talent soon.

30 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

. . . I think we will have a lot better idea of who Mo will be as a (long-term) player when we get closer to May. I think the evaluation of whether to keep Mo or move on will be this summer. 

I know it's early, but Mo reminds me of another very tall-lanky former NBA player, Manute Bol. Some of you may remember him (7 ft. 7 inches tall.) Of course, Mo is much shorter even at 7' 1". Bol lasted 10 years in the league, but Bol's contributions or specialties were blocking shots. As the article mentions below, the other aspects of his game were considered below average.

Link:   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manute_Bol

34 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

He isn't due for a "big" contract. He is due for a contract less then Evan's and would give us flexibility in case Evan opts out. If they both opt out we have some cap space, if one stays for cheap there you go. If the third contract is Aminu it's a win. If it's just Ross and Bamba then no. If we had to throw in DJ and received Bjelica  i would do it.

I just think the flexibility is important.

So if Evan took a discount to stay here you'd be fine keeping him?