Soul Bro

2019-2020 Official Trade Ideas Thread

Bjelica is 31.  Dedmon is not Bamba's ceiling (if he is, god help us).  Bogdan is statistically similar but worse that Fournier this year, and having them both is redundant so we'd need a separate deal for Fournier.

If most people don't want to pay to keep Fournier, why would we want to pay for Bogdan who will be due for a big contract in restricted FA?

5 minutes ago, ML6 said:

If most people don't want to pay to keep Fournier, why would we want to pay for Bogdan who will be due for a big contract in restricted FA?

Especially considering Bogdan is older

3 hours ago, hootie249 said:

Bamba is what he is right now.....not that good. Check out his recent stats. Playing in 8 of the last ten games he is shooting about 45% from the field and 15% from the 3.If he is not the offensive unicorn we dreamed about he is almost useless.He doesn't move well without the ball and he doesn't set screens well.He is not an elite shot blocker either, not bad but not elite.He has been in league one year less then Isaac and while the former looks like a DOTY candidate Bamba looks lost.

Here’s what I disagree with in regards to Bamba:

In players that have played 50 or more minutes, Bamba ranks 6th in block %. When Bamba is off the court, we give up a eFG% of almost 53%, rather than the eFG of 48.7% given up when Bamba is on the court. Our steal percentage is up by 0.8% and our block percentage is up by 2.1% when Bamba is on the floor. The opposing team’s offensive rating catapaults by 5.3 points when Bamba isn’t on the floor. While there’s some questions about foul rate and his ability to transfer his defensive ability with more minutes, inside of his role, I would make the argument that Bamba is already a very good, and possibly elite defensive center. 

While I agree that Bamba’s game isn’t aesthetically pleasing, at all, I think he’s on the path he should be on. He’s showing his defensive value within his bench role while also improving upon his offensive contributions. All of Bamba’s points should be either three pointers or close range dunks, and that’s what he’s doing. You’d like him to shoot better— I don’t like attributing a 10 game sample on shooting since it lends itself towards recency bias, but you’d like for his 32.4 three point FG% to climb up into the 35-36 % range ideally— but overall, as his shot develops, this is the role where Bamba ought to be.

I understand the criticism of Bamba; as TMF says, he looks like a baby giraffe on the court lol. However, he’s shown me enough to where I’m not so willing to part with the end goal line up of Fultz-scoring SG-Okeke-Isaac-Bamba. The defense is there, the shot and strength down low will come with time, and with his ability to alter shots, that’s all I really need to consider him valuable enough to not include him in trade packages.

12 minutes ago, Gordon MVP said:

Shai is making the Bamba pick look so horrendous right now, considering center wasn’t even an area of need and guard play was

That was always the draft to trade back in. There was 10 guys at about the same tier of player. 

Though long term I wonder if we're going to be better off. We get SGA we don't trade for fultz and fultz definitely has a higher ceiling. Though with the shoulder injury and long term uncertainty I don't know that we'd prefer fultz. 

1 minute ago, Fultz4thewin said:

That was always the draft to trade back in. There was 10 guys at about the same tier of player. 

Though long term I wonder if we're going to be better off. We get SGA we don't trade for fultz and fultz definitely has a higher ceiling. Though with the shoulder injury and long term uncertainty I don't know that we'd prefer fultz. 

I’d definitely take SGA.

I’m having doubts about Fultz. He’s got talent but I’m having doubts about him being what we hoped.

2 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

At first blush, I kind of like this idea. 

That's because when you really think about it, it works. First of all it would never happen. It would take the front office going all in to win now and admitting Bamba isn't the future.Not going to happen.Trading Ross would mess with team chemistry, but i could possible see management doing it. 

On the other hand the Kings would probably do a two player swap in a heartbeat but that wouldn't be enough for us to take the chance, we need Bjelica because of our injuries.We also need shooters! All 3 players shoot the 3. Even though Bogdan and Dedmon are having down years, they are healthy. I could see them reverting to their career averages on our team.The Kings need to start playing all the young forwards they have more minutes. I don't know if they would take Aminu but i bet they would take DJ as the third player, i just didn't want to include him. And for us we keep all the real pieces everyone loves and hates. I just think it gives us a ton of flexibility.

If you don't like that one try a trade involving Vucevic. I don't think management has the balls because like it or not he is still our best player(sigh).

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=tdwktor

I think the Kings do that in a heartbeat. Just swap out Giles or Bjelica as i'm not sure which one they really want to keep.

1 minute ago, Magicman28 said:

I’d definitely take SGA.

I’m having doubts about Fultz. He’s got talent but I’m having doubts about him being what we hoped.

I wouldn't have doubts. He looks great. 

2 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

I’d definitely take SGA.

With Fultz having dramatically improved his FT% and mid range game since leaving Philly, I’m hoping that it’s just a matter of time before his 3 point shot improves as well. 

The turnovers are a rookie-season guard issue imo. He’ll get better with taking care of the ball as he matures.