2019-2020 Official Trade Ideas Thread

8 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Saric is pretty damn bad.

What's up with Croatian prospects becoming busts? Bender, Hezonja, Saric

I dunno but it’s killing my chances to say “Croatian Sensation”

20 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Saric is pretty damn bad.

What's up with Croatian prospects becoming busts? Bender, Hezonja, Saric

Actually, he was pretty good in both Philly and Minnesota - not sure if it is just situational, or if he is digressing too. 

1 hour ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

What's the outlook on him because he currently can't shoot.

I think he'll be able to shoot. He was such a great shooter in college it's probably going to happen in the NBA eventually. His shot looks good. It's just going in at an inconsistent rate. 

But also

4 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

I do

Care to elaborate? I'm not personally attached to this trade, I'm just trying to make the numbers work for both teams, and keep it somewhat realistic. I'm not a huge fan of Oubre, Saric or Kaminsky; and I think it is a lateral move at best; but it does address our current depth issues; all three are on reasonable contracts that expire at the end of next season, and all three are in the 24-26 y.o. age range that fits with our core. It does feel a bit like selling low on Gordon, but with the season he's having, I'm not sure that is unrealistic. Hopefully he starts going really nuts on this road trip and begins to turn this season around; but I'm becoming concerned with his inconsistency. 

8 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

I think he'll be able to shoot. He was such a great shooter in college it's probably going to happen in the NBA eventually. His shot looks good. It's just going in at an inconsistent rate. 

But also

Aaahhhhh didn't know he defended like that! What do you think he would cost?

2 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

Care to elaborate? I'm not personally attached to this trade, I'm just trying to make the numbers work for both teams, and keep it somewhat realistic. I'm not a huge fan of Oubre, Saric or Kaminsky; and I think it is a lateral move at best; but it does address our current depth issues; all three are on reasonable contracts that expire at the end of next season, and all three are in the 24-26 y.o. age range that fits with our core. It does feel a bit like selling low on Gordon, but with the season he's having, I'm not sure that is unrealistic. Hopefully he starts going really nuts on this road trip and begins to turn this season around; but I'm becoming concerned with his inconsistency. 

He's playing on one ankle. As of now I really don't know what to think of Gordon but I think we should wait until next season to either commit or deal Gordon. Unless we are trading for a clear upgrade at a position.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

Aaahhhhh didn't know he defended like that! What do you think he would cost?

https://tradenba.com/trades/cenam_FoS

i guess? I dunno. I've been trying to figure out a trade for months. Kinda hurt us when aminu got injured because I think they'd be interested in an aminu+pick package as he's the exact type of player they're missing. 

I think we have to wait another year before we give up Gordon. Unless something crazy comes our way.  Even with a healthy Isaac, I think we should wait. Gordon has a very unique defensive skill set. That specific skill set allows us to switch and recover on defense really well. I think without Gordon and Isaac together Vuc can't sustain his serviceable defense. Without Gordon's ability to switch and recover, Isaac is still great but less free to really go nuts on D. Gordon is the glue that keeps the defense together. Only way he's expendable for less than a star is if Okeke is close to as versatile on D, or if Bamba blows up and we can replace Vuc. Without knowing yet what those two are, losing Gordon would be bad. Just my opinion.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Justin Jaudon said:

I think we have to wait another year before we give up Gordon. Unless something crazy comes our way.  Even with a healthy Isaac, I think we should wait. Gordon has a very unique defensive skill set. That specific skill set allows us to switch and recover on defense really well. I think without Gordon and Isaac together Vuc can't sustain his serviceable defense. Without Gordon's ability to switch and recover, Isaac is still great but less free to really go nuts on D. Gordon is the glue that keeps the defense together. Only way he's expendable for less than a star is if Okeke is close to as versatile on D, or if Bamba blows up and we can replace Vuc. Without knowing yet what those two are, losing Gordon would be bad. Just my opinion.

I said this earlier in the year. People don't realize how important Gordan has been to Isaac's defensive development. The only thing they see is Gordon's slipping offense which I agree with but his defense is what keeps this team rolling. 

1 hour ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

I said this earlier in the year. People don't realize how important Gordan has been to Isaac's defensive development. The only thing they see is Gordon's slipping offense which I agree with but his defense is what keeps this team rolling. 

Agreed. Part of why Isaac is such a menace on D because he can play so much off ball, thanks to how good Gordon is on ball.