Soul Bro

2019-2020 Official Trade Ideas Thread

16 hours ago, jec said:

Damn you beat me to it

Yes... but we have the Devos family who interferes

I am 100% certain that Hennigan wouldn't have made that god awful Serge Ibaka trade if he didn't have old man Devos pressuring him to make the playoffs one last time before he croaked. Our ownership meddles with decision making and always has.. and Alex Martins is their henchman. 

Prove me wrong. 

3 hours ago, ML6 said:

Chuma and MPJ are not even remotely analogous injury-wise.  Your last couple of posts seem to indicate you have a needlessly pessimistic understanding of our draft history. 

Yeah let’s look at this:

1) Otis (5/05–5/12)

https://www.basketball-reference.com/executives/smithot01x.html

2) Hennigan (6/12–4/17)

https://www.basketball-reference.com/executives/henniro99x.html

3) Weltman/Hammond (5/17–present)

https://www.basketball-reference.com/executives/hammojo99x.html

https://www.basketball-reference.com/executives/weltmje01x.html

total list - https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/ORL/executives.html

I think going through those years proves some know how to navigate this process in a proactive way and others are a reactive. I think we have guys who have a plan and are making moves according to their plan rather than just going with wherever the wind blows. I trust them. We just need to stay patient. 

27 minutes ago, DjMase31 said:

I am 100% certain that Hennigan wouldn't have made that god awful Serge Ibaka trade if he didn't have old man Devos pressuring him to make the playoffs one last time before he croaked. Our ownership meddles with decision making and always has.. and Alex Martins is their henchman. 

Prove me wrong. 

The ibaka trade was 100% hennigan. He drafted ibaka. He found ibaka. We needed ibaka's combination of shooting and defense.

We effectively chose Evan over oladipo because the last 20 games of the season Evan averaged 19ppg and was cheaper due to salary constraints. 

It's the Jennings trade that was interfered with. 

3 hours ago, Fultz4thewin said:

We wanted Luka. All rumors pointed to Luka. 

Still stings so hard how we were cockblocked by Dallas. Luka + Isaac is such an elite duo to build off of

39 minutes ago, DjMase31 said:

Prove me wrong. 

The Ibaka trade was horrible from day 1 but at least we were able to salvage it and turn it into T Ross and Markelle

This is purely speculation, but it was interesting that Durant went publicly on twitter of his appreciation of Vooch. Is it possible that The Nets are falling apart?; as Kyrie remains an enigma with this shoulder injury; perhaps Durant sees the writing on the wall and is prospecting his next move. The question for us is, is it worth considering as he is 31 and recovering from an Achilles injury? It usually doesn’t work out too well at that age; see Kobe. 

Don't think that the Ibaka trade was that bad, obviously it went south after the Dipo explosion, but at that time Victor was quite erratic. I'm sure a lot of fans and reviews were positive at that time.

The big problem was not dealing for Ibaka IMO, but signing Byiombo for a 4 years 60+ millions deal just to create a logjam of centers with Vuc and Ibaka already more than enough to cover the role.

I always wondered how much Vogel and his love for playing big was involved in this decision. We're unfortunately still in the same path with Clifford and the actual team, too much c's in a league that has taken another direction, not enough shooters.

I agree the Biz contract hurt, but I don’t think people appreciate enough of what Vooch brings. He is a very good rebounder and passer but mainly he spaces the floor which many centers don’t do and his defense has been decent. 

30 minutes ago, Luke_FfS said:

Don't think that the Ibaka trade was that bad, obviously it went south after the Dipo explosion, but at that time Victor was quite erratic. I'm sure a lot of fans and reviews were positive at that time.

The big problem was not dealing for Ibaka IMO, but signing Byiombo for a 4 years 60+ millions deal just to create a logjam of centers with Vuc and Ibaka already more than enough to cover the role.

I always wondered how much Vogel and his love for playing big was involved in this decision. We're unfortunately still in the same path with Clifford and the actual team, too much c's in a league that has taken another direction, not enough shooters.

It was definitely in conjunction with Vogel. 

The problem with ibaka was it was a massive overpay for a player on an expiring contract that wasn't a star. 

i think Hayward is not a good fit in Boston. Maybe we can go after him. 
fournier, DJ and Aminu for Hayward and Edwards will do. 

1 hour ago, Magicpassion said:

This is purely speculation, but it was interesting that Durant went publicly on twitter of his appreciation of Vooch. Is it possible that The Nets are falling apart?; as Kyrie remains an enigma with this shoulder injury; perhaps Durant sees the writing on the wall and is prospecting his next move. The question for us is, is it worth considering as he is 31 and recovering from an Achilles injury? It usually doesn’t work out too well at that age; see Kobe. 

This is 10000% not the case but yes it would be worth taking on

28 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

i think Hayward is not a good fit in Boston. Maybe we can go after him. 
fournier, DJ and Aminu for Hayward and Edwards will do. 

Lol