Soul Bro

2019-2020 Official Trade Ideas Thread

you guys realise the other team has to be happy with the trade right? some of these trades are ridiculously in favour of us. We have to give something to get something.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Trying to accumulate role players?

Trying to accumulate role players to stay relevant now plus acquire the young upside guy.

23 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Trying to accumulate role players to stay relevant now plus acquire the young upside guy.

We need a shooter/scorer to stay relevant.

36 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

We need a shooter/scorer to stay relevant.

Need to start pushing fultz into that role more. He tries to fit in too much. He has all of these plays where he just glides past his man to the rim. Need to push him to take over more. 

When Vucevic went out there was a void in the offense that he filled. Now he's back to deferring. 

Just now, Fultz4thewin said:

Need to start pushing fultz into that role more. He tries to fit in too much. He has all of these plays where he just glides past his man to the rim. Need too push him to take over more. 

When Vucevic went out there was a void in the offense that he filled. Now he's back to deferring. 

Is that by design or is he choosing to be?

Figured we see him do that by now.

Just now, Magicman28 said:

Is that by design or is he choosing to be?

Figured we see him do that by now.

A bit of both. He's the young newcomer. So he's trying to play floor general. We have 7 (now 6) guys who all have some desire to be major offensive options in our offense and reasonable evidence that they should fill those roles so that creates clunky offense where guys aren't sure who's supposed to be the leader. Everytime our offense starts to go through a lull everybody says "ok now it's my time to save us" and everyone gets out of a rhythm. 

That's the major difference between young teams and veteran teams. Young teams have no rhythm and role. Veteran teams have been through things before so they know how to handle things. 

Last year worked because augustin and Isaac had purely supplementary roles. Gordon was a situational high offense player who spent most of our best times being a low usage facilitator until we broke lineups and he got his shots as the bench scorer. Fournier handled all of the guard usage stuff and we played almost exclusively through Vucevic in non-crunch time half court offense. 

Now Vucevic and Fournier are trying to do what they were doing, Ross is trying to do an impression of his best games with us every game and not just situational when it's called for (though I've noticed this changing lately) augustin is in a higher usage role, Gordon is set to show everyone how hard he worked on his offense this summer, Isaac was trying to carve out a larger offensive role for himself, and fultz is the guy sacrificing the shots because someone has to. 

This is why I was in favor of letting Vucevic walk. Your have to give guys freedom in the offense to take a larger role. And it can't be just words. We can't just tell a guy to take more shots because they're not just attempting shots, they're taking a shot away from another player. You have to create the situation where they need to take the shots. 

20 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

A bit of both. He's the young newcomer. So he's trying to play floor general. We have 7 (now 6) guys who all have some desire to be major offensive options in our offense and reasonable evidence that they should fill those roles so that creates clunky offense where guys aren't sure who's supposed to be the leader. Everytime our offense starts to go through a lull everybody says "ok now it's my time to save us" and everyone gets out of a rhythm. 

That's the major difference between young teams and veteran teams. Young teams have no rhythm and role. Veteran teams have been through things before so they know how to handle things. 

Last year worked because augustin and Isaac had purely supplementary roles. Gordon was a situational high offense player who spent most of our best times being a low usage facilitator until we broke lineups and he got his shots as the bench scorer. Fournier handled all of the guard usage stuff and we played almost exclusively through Vucevic in non-crunch time half court offense. 

Now Vucevic and Fournier are trying to do what they were doing, Ross is trying to do an impression of his best games with us every game and not just situational when it's called for (though I've noticed this changing lately) augustin is in a higher usage role, Gordon is set to show everyone how hard he worked on his offense this summer, Isaac was trying to carve out a larger offensive role for himself, and fultz is the guy sacrificing the shots because someone has to. 

This is why I was in favor of letting Vucevic walk. Your have to give guys freedom in the offense to take a larger role. And it can't be just words. We can't just tell a guy to take more shots because they're not just attempting shots, they're taking a shot away from another player. You have to create the situation where they need to take the shots. 

Right I agree. Problem is we didn’t let Vuch walk, Fournier is here, and AG still thinks he’s Tmac.

Time to blow it up. It's been time. We tried to make the playoffs for Old Man Devos and now he is gone. Blow it up. I hate being stuck in mediocrity. Trade everyone except Fultz and Isaac. The longer we wait this year the worse our draft pick is going to be. This team is going nowhere. 

6 minutes ago, DjMase31 said:

Time to blow it up. It's been time. We tried to make the playoffs for Old Man Devos and now he is gone. Blow it up. I hate being stuck in mediocrity. Trade everyone except Fultz and Isaac. The longer we wait this year the worse our draft pick is going to be. This team is going nowhere. 

I agree in that this team is not going anywhere other than a first round sweep loser. As bad as the east is we probably get that, but that is all. I’m not satisfied with it and no one else should be.  

As far as blowing it up, I think with the right moves we don’t have to. Move Vooch and Evan and dj(sorrytrue). And AG, he just shows signs but that’s it. He is still young I know, but he has been in the league long enough to know how to play successful basketball and he just doesn’t get it or can’t. We may not want to admit it but we know who he is. 

Those guys have value at least we could get some back and if you can put the pieces back together in a smart cohesive manner we can still get that eightth spot with a younger team that has a much higher ceiling. 

We need shooters and intelligent basketball players. 

• Like 1