Soul Bro

2019-2020 Official Trade Ideas Thread

3 hours ago, Gordon MVP said:

Great post. And I agree, I hate the direction we chose to go in. A lot of this sounds like Hennigan 2.0 which is disappointing. 

Well, Henningan was clearly in a different situation, complete rebuilding, and he was actually quite good and imaginative in trades. At least until the Skiles and Martins saga, when the patience was over and the Process was terminated. Probably not so good in draft and talent evaluation. His problem was that he didn't really put a team together, he was almost in an asset management mode only. He had cap space and opportunities to make moves outside the box, he tried to have young coaches on board, he was just unable to put a finished product together, for lack of ability or patience by management.

This FO has clearly chosen a path of consistence with the coach, with the moves, with the cap situation. The asset management is just not there. I'm just not sure that is a path to contention right now.

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

There are only a few guys I’d trade Isaac for. Doncic, Tatum, Siakam.. probably a few more, but he’s realistically untouchable 

Siakam is always the first guy I think when I refer to our unwillingness to give the keys to the young guys. I mean, Isaac has some Siakam in him IMO, but surely not the same usage and "faith" that he could improve with a bigger role and responsability, in a different enviroment and style. Clearly having Nurse at the helm helps.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Luke_FfS said:

Siakam is always the first guy I think when I refer to our unwillingness to give the keys to the young guys. I mean, Isaac has some Siakam in him IMO, but surely not the same usage and "faith" that he could improve with a bigger role and responsability, in a different enviroment and style. Clearly having Nurse at the helm helps.

Siakam wasn't given the keys until January of his third year though. 

1 minute ago, harley said:

We’re cursed. That looked awful. ACL done for sure. ***** my life 

Wow, bad things happen to good guys. Damn. 

I know many of us are negative, but damn all 3 of our main forwards are toast. I hope in the coming months we look to trade away every body that has value while we heal. 

It's done folks, wrap it up.  And don't tell me we can't make trades while the value is low. Vuc,Evan and even Bamba and Fultz can increase their value before the deadline. You just have to make trades with the right teams. Stay away from guys like Presti and Gm's like him.

47 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Siakam wasn't given the keys until January of his third year though. 

Sure, and Isaac it's in January third year right now. How long until his role grow at even 75% of Siakam one? If we follow the path I've described today, it could be years away...

Also, Siakam was a late first round pick, while Isaac was the 6th pick. His growth was amplified by the faith of a coach that is not old style, and wasn't worried to give more responsability to a guy that has a lot to develop still, but great potential.

EDIT: just seen the other posts about the injury :(... just hope for the better.

2 hours ago, Luke_FfS said:

Sure, and Isaac it's in January third year right now. How long until his role grow at even 75% of Siakam one? If we follow the path I've described today, it could be years away...

Also, Siakam was a late first round pick, while Isaac was the 6th pick. His growth was amplified by the faith of a coach that is not old style, and wasn't worried to give more responsability to a guy that has a lot to develop still, but great potential.

EDIT: just seen the other posts about the injury :(... just hope for the better.

Siakam got 11 shots per game last year. Isaac is at 10.3. the main difference between the two isn't role, it's efficiency.