Soul Bro

2019-2020 Official Trade Ideas Thread

16 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

He’s good. Him and Harden isn’t the best pairing 

Look at his contract. Look at the mileage he's put on his body. Look at his inability to do anything on the court that's not tied to elite athleticism. 

34 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

Big nooooo.... on Westbrook. He can’t shoot and relies completely on athleticism and he’s 31 with a big contract; need I say more. 

We got Fultz who I rather have anyways.

20 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Look at his contract. Look at the mileage he's put on his body. Look at his inability to do anything on the court that's not tied to elite athleticism. 

I’m not advocating for it now. Not with us having Fultz.

6 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Might be some butting of the heads going in Sactown. May need to call them about Hield.

He just signed a 4 year extension in October. Not sure when he’ll even be trade eligible after that, but it won’t be anytime soon.

5 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

He just signed a 4 year extension in October. Not sure when he’ll even be trade eligible after that, but it won’t be anytime soon.

Damn. Forgot about that. Well ****...

6 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

22 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

So what kind of cap situation would that put us in? I thought Vlade loved Hield. Weird for him to be shopped now. 

So, first, I just want to say I'm on the fence that he's worth trading for. I can see both sides. Also I have no idea how many picks we'd have to include to make it worth it to them. It's just tough to value hield and his impact on Sacramento (given they're bad again), the value of taking Ariza's money for them because he's washed, and dedmon frustrated with his role as well. 

We'd probably flip dedmon to a third team but for this argument let's say we have to keep him. 

We actually save money this year because of the poison pill scenario Sacramento has to take back more money than they send out unless they trade him to a team that can incorporate him under the cap. 

Next year it only adds something like 10 million in money to our cap figure more than what we be at if fournier took his player option. Ariza only has 1.8m guaranteed for next year. Dedmon's third year is fully non-guaranteed 

So the only long term money we'd add is hield. 

Now, for the 21-22 season a hypothetical rotation of maxed fultz-hield-maxed Isaac-Gordon-Vucevic Ross-okeke-Bamba is going to cost us 147 ish million alone with the luxury tax around 143 million so we'd have to start flipping the older guys for depth at that point. But 7-10 million over the tax isn't a crazy number to expect the owners to pay for a good product so fultz-hield-Isaac-Gordon-Bamba 8 million guy-Ross-8 million guy-okeke- 8 million guy minimum-minimum-minimum-minimum isn't something unreasonable for a roster construction. 

So basically you'd have to be convinced fultz-hield-Isaac plus a well rounded rotation is our version of a contender or fultz-hield-Isaac-another elite player we traded everyone else for plus minimum guys rounding out the team is our version of a contender. 

Those are the long term implications. 

So basically if you think hield is the missing piece between fultz and Isaac that can result in a team threatening to come out of the east in two years you can make the trade. If you don't, you can't. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Fultz4thewin said:

So, first, I just want to say I'm on the fence that he's worth trading for. I can see both sides. Also I have no idea how many picks we'd have to include to make it worth it to them. It's just tough to value hield and his impact on Sacramento (given they're bad again), the value of taking Ariza's money for them because he's washed, and dedmon frustrated with his role as well. 

We'd probably flip dedmon to a third team but for this argument let's say we have to keep him. 

We actually save money this year because of the poison pill scenario Sacramento has to take back more money than they send out unless they trade him to a team that can incorporate him under the cap. 

Next year it only adds something like 10 million in money to our cap figure more than what we be at if fournier took his player option. Ariza only has 1.8m guaranteed for next year. Dedmon's third year is fully non-guaranteed 

So the only long term money we'd add is hield. 

Now, for the 21-22 season a hypothetical rotation of maxed fultz-hield-maxed Isaac-Gordon-Vucevic Ross-okeke-Bamba is going to cost us 147 ish million alone with the luxury tax around 143 million so we'd have to start flipping the older guys for depth at that point. But 7-10 million over the tax isn't a crazy number to expect the owners to pay for a good product so fultz-hield-Isaac-Gordon-Bamba 8 million guy-Ross-8 million guy-okeke- 8 million guy minimum-minimum-minimum-minimum isn't something unreasonable for a roster construction.