Soul Bro

2019-2020 Official Trade Ideas Thread

13 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

I wonder if Covington can play the 2? He’s on a good contract until 21. Baby steps. 

I think he can. He defends point guards pretty often. 

So it looks to me like you have us giving up Fournier, Frazier, and our 1st and getting back Kent Bazemore and Malik Beasley. You must like Beasley a lot, since Bazemore is an expiring. It seems like too much to me - maybe without the 1st round pick I'd be okay with it, but as constructed, I think I would pass..

34 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

So it looks to me like you have us giving up Fournier, Frazier, and our 1st and getting back Kent Bazemore and Malik Beasley. You must like Beasley a lot, since Bazemore is an expiring. It seems like too much to me - maybe without the 1st round pick I'd be okay with it, but as constructed, I think I would pass..

Without the first it doesn't work. And it's probably too much which is why it's probably a fair trade

5 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Without the first it doesn't work. And it's probably too much which is why it's probably a fair trade

It’s too much. You’re being a good basketball fan by not making it a lopsided trade that benefits your team, but this one shifts too far to the other side of that spectrum. 

• Upvote 2

On 12/24/2019 at 3:07 PM, ML6 said:

It’s too much. You’re being a good basketball fan by not making it a lopsided trade that benefits your team, but this one shifts too far to the other side of that spectrum. 

Counterpoint: expiring unrestricted free agents aren't that valuable and Beasley averaged 16ppg and hit 50% of his threes as a starter last year on a team that went 12-6 with him starting. He just turned 23. We're paying for the restricted free agent discount we'd get on beasley too. 

On 12/23/2019 at 10:26 PM, fan for too long 2 said:

Don’t joke with me right now. I’m a Bears fan also and am depressed enough. Lol

Well.. I am a Dolphin and Orlando city fan. Got you beat. 

• Upvote 1