Soul Bro

2019-2020 Official Trade Ideas Thread

Iv'e got one how about Aminu and Dj for Morris and Niilikina? We give them a pick too. 

I don't think i need to explain Morris so ill talk about the guards.Frank has not worked out with the Knicks but he is big and his free throw percentage is around 85%.Just going by that i think  we have a chance to fix his shot. Dj has been much better lately and he obviously can get hot from 3. However, he is still shooting 37% from the field for the season and is a huge liability defensively most games. 

What do you think? 

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=qvpuhz3

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, hootie249 said:

Iv'e got one how about Aminu and Dj for Morris and Niilikina? We give them a pick too. 

I don't think i need to explain Morris so ill talk about the guards.Frank has not worked out with the Knicks but he is big and his free throw percentage is around 85%.Just going by that i think  we have a chance to fix his shot. Dj has been much better lately and he obviously can get hot from 3. However, he is still shooting 37% from the field for the season and is a huge liability defensively most games. 

What do you think? 

What pick would we give them, our 2nd?

17 minutes ago, Just a regular Magic fan said:

What pick would we give them, our 2nd?

Yeah that's the issue, why would the Knicks do it? Hear me out i know Morris is a rental but he would definitely help us this year. Also Frank is signed next year cheap and we could really take  a chance on another guard considering it's dj's last year. So what i am saying is it maybe we send next years first top 5 protected?

I can't see any other reason the Knicks do it otherwise. Surely getting another forward and guard is worth it!

1 hour ago, hootie249 said:

Yeah that's the issue, why would the Knicks do it? Hear me out i know Morris is a rental but he would definitely help us this year. Also Frank is signed next year cheap and we could really take  a chance on another guard considering it's dj's last year. So what i am saying is it maybe we send next years first top 5 protected?

I can't see any other reason the Knicks do it otherwise. Surely getting another forward and guard is worth it!

Trading future assets for short term help isnt in line with Weltmans/Hammonds philosophy. Dont see it happening since we are not title contenders.

• Upvote 1

On 12/7/2019 at 12:04 PM, Soul Bro said:

Meanwhile, Portland should be beating down our door for Fournier or Ross. Hood with the achilles tear. Any trade make sense with them? I can’t find one.

no trade that does not involve cj McCollum. 

9 hours ago, random said:

Trading future assets for short term help isnt in line with Weltmans/Hammonds philosophy. Dont see it happening since we are not title contenders.

Because it would help signal a change. Once a team willingly commits to competing, things happen. I have no doubt if we would be better with those two pieces, then we roll the dice.

6 hours ago, hootie249 said:

Because it would help signal a change. Once a team willingly commits to competing, things happen. I have no doubt if we would be better with those two pieces, then we roll the dice.

I'm not interested in trading a draft pick for one year of a guy to be a backup. A solid 7th man isn't going to be the difference between us and a title. It's the difference between losing in 6 games in the first round and making the second round. 

On 12/8/2019 at 4:06 PM, hootie249 said:

What do you think? 

Ntilikina would be a useful guard off the bench. He’s a good defensive player and when he’s switched on he can make plays offensively, his issue to date has been inconsistency his desire to attack. When he does it he shows why the Knicks drafted him as high as they did, but when he doesn’t want it he’s just a defensive guard that doesn’t offer much offensively or play making wise since he’s being too tentative.

As for Morris, he’s a useful player but his numbers have been boosted because he’s the number one option on a bad team. Put him here and those numbers would arguably look like his career numbers. Not a bad thing especially if he can keep hitting threes at a better rate than his career average, but I wouldn’t want to be giving up too much pick wise to acquire a rental.

Would this deal make us better? Of course it would, but I’m not convinced the Knicks would sell for what is on offer. They would want a first round pick to help their rebuild. 

2 hours ago, Mike1989 said:

Ntilikina would be a useful guard off the bench. He’s a good defensive player and when he’s switched on he can make plays offensively, his issue to date has been inconsistency his desire to attack. When he does it he shows why the Knicks drafted him as high as they did, but when he doesn’t want it he’s just a defensive guard that doesn’t offer much offensively or play making wise since he’s being too tentative.

As for Morris, he’s a useful player but his numbers have been boosted because he’s the number one option on a bad team. Put him here and those numbers would arguably look like his career numbers. Not a bad thing especially if he can keep hitting threes at a better rate than his career average, but I wouldn’t want to be giving up too much pick wise to acquire a rental.

Would this deal make us better? Of course it would, but I’m not convinced the Knicks would sell for what is on offer. They would want a first round pick to help their rebuild. 

I'm all in on the first round pick. Look at the Magic's pick history the last 25 years and tell me how much picks are worth again? Morris is the glue veteran every up and coming team needs, maybe he sticks around after this year. What if we hit on rehabilitating a former 8th pick. Isn't that worth trading a mid round pick for? What makes it work is we might look like a lottery team in two weeks, which is when to make this trade. Our record might be not so hot because of all the good teams we play.It makes the pick seem more valuable. Make that trade and get vooch healthy  and i bet we can really take off.

40 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

I'm all in on the first round pick. Look at the Magic's pick history the last 25 years and tell me how much picks are worth again? Morris is the glue veteran every up and coming team needs, maybe he sticks around after this year. What if we hit on rehabilitating a former 8th pick. Isn't that worth trading a mid round pick for? What makes it work is we might look like a lottery team in two weeks, which is when to make this trade. Our record might be not so hot because of all the good teams we play.It makes the pick seem more valuable. Make that trade and get vooch healthy  and i bet we can really take off.

We’ve had a lot of success in the draft. Our best runs in history are based on winning the lottery.

2 hours ago, hootie249 said:

I’m not against trading picks, however I would only trade for a rental player if they gave us a legitimate shot at a title. For example, I am more than happy for us to take a one year rental like Toronto did (or OKC before them with Paul George) and gamble on winning a title. If it works like it did for Toronto we’ll have a banner hanging from the ceiling. Sure it would suck to see that player then walk away and sign elsewhere, but we’d have a banner and a championship. Even if we traded for someone and failed, I could understand that because at least we’ve then tried to take that step towards title contention rather than accept mediocrity.

The problem with this deal is the rental we would be taking is a glue guy. I like the idea of Morris coming here but he’s not an all star that can take us from 8th seed to one of the top seeds. He’d probably help us solidify our position as the 7th or 8th seed. Maybe I’m wrong, but I don’t think we should be sending picks for guys like Morris when we are in the position we are in. If we were one of the top seeds looking for a veteran to complete their starting unit, or wanting to boost our bench production, then fair enough I can understand taking a rental. But in our case I think we need to value the draft picks because even mid first round picks can turn into contributors.