Soul Bro

2019-2020 Official Trade Ideas Thread

We have a lot of young guys and our pick will probably be 16/17 so why not trade the pick for some shooting? DJs impact goes beyond his rotation minutes as he has been a great mentor for the youngsters. MCW has the edge I’m hoping AG adopts and every team needs one of those guys; remember Matt Barnes? JJ would be a nice addition. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

31 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

We have a lot of young guys and our pick will probably be 16/17 so why not trade the pick for some shooting? DJs impact goes beyond his rotation minutes as he has been a great mentor for the youngsters. MCW has the edge I’m hoping AG adopts and every team needs one of those guys; remember Matt Barnes? JJ would be a nice addition. 

Thanks, Magicpassion. I gave you an up vote.      q4iqbp.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Natesroom said:

why couldnt we just do a Ross for JJ trade straight up? Do you think they would do that? or is the fact that ross is 3 more years and not 1 year like redick? also ross being younger may actually thrive more in NO free for all... I would rather let JJ launch Threes at the rate we let Ross do it.

No. They have no use for Ross. This is about converting a veteran for them into a future asset like we did with Afflalo or JJ. 

Plus we'd want to accumulate more good players vs just improve one spot. 

1 hour ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

NOT DJ!!!

5BfPk9.gif

And if MCW goes down again, then what or who do we turn to who knows our system and the chemistry our current team has--not to mention the momentum we possibly have going forward.

UUzRSA.png

So that's the thing. We'd have to have a plan in place to bring in another point guard somehow in this process. 

But DJ is 32 and expiring. We're not going to resign him. And if we're going into the latter part of the season with this 9 man rotation he's the worst player who isn't currently on a rookie contract. If we're trying to build the best 9 man rotation as possible, upgrading him is a must. 

1 hour ago, Soul Bro said:

If we’re trading our first, I’d rather try to get Jrue. Hmmm

If we're trading for jrue it's going to cost us something close to the Mike Conley deal. 2 firsts, 2 vets that are flippable. So something like aminu and Fournier plus two firsts. Maybe a bit more. 

That's a lot to give up for a year and a half of a guy. 

1 hour ago, MagicMoses said:

If we’re trading our first, I’d rather do it as early as possible as it’s value will diminish (assuming we become a better team)

I don't really see the value diminishing that much. It's going to probably fall between 15-21 as it sits right now with the off chance we miss the playoffs and it ends up 11. In February it's probably going to be the same thing. 

But, yeah. The problem I'm having is if we're looking to improve our bench and we're offering up our pick it can't be for someone like Tony Snell. We'd need an impact player. 

There's not a ton of players that can reliably get you 10ppg in a reduced role, be on a contract that's longer than an expiring but not too long (because we're not a contender. Can't waste a draft pick on a one year rental or have it impact the summer of 2021), and be cool with a bench role. 

And then you have to more or less strike every player on a roster competing for a playoff spot.

The list of available players that fit that criteria is small. 

I had a try at a 3 team trade for JJ and this was the best I could do:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=sumrtfv

I'm having a hard time figuring out why Washington do that though unless we throw a lot of picks at the whole thing. 

EDIT: I should mention I prioritised getting a decent bench point guard from the third team. Also Ish and JJ back would be fun.