Soul Bro

2019-2020 Official Trade Ideas Thread

28 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Drummond is only 26. Damn. Thought he was 30-31. I’d be for a trade for him.

The problem with Drummond is he'd be the best player available this summer which means a gigantic price tag

41 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

Would it be anymore than what Vuch got?

Yes. I don't think he's worth that but I bet he gets something around 30 per year

2 hours ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Yes. I don't think he's worth that but I bet he gets something around 30 per year

Yuck! If he's just a vessel to move on from Vuch I'd be fine just letting him walk so long ass JI and Fultz are ready. 

I don't like Drummond at the money he is going to get paid. I think he's a bit overrated. I have also seen some effort issues when I've watched him, and giving up on plays etc. He gets good stats but that doesn't always tell the full story for some players.

My mate is a Pistons fan and watches most of the games every season and he doesn't think Drummond is that good. Not horrible, but not a franchise Center that is gonna get paid the big bucks this off season.

7 minutes ago, The Boss said:

I don't like Drummond at the money he is going to get paid. I think he's a bit overrated. I have also seen some effort issues when I've watched him, and giving up on plays etc. He gets good stats but that doesn't always tell the full story for some players.

My mate is a Pistons fan and watches most of the games every season and he doesn't think Drummond is that good. Not horrible, but not a franchise Center that is gonna get paid the big bucks this off season.

And that's the issue. 

He's good. He does good things. He's active. He gets deflections and steals and blocks. He moves well. He rebounds. He's solid on offense. He sets screens and gets offensive rebounds. He's gigantic. 

Is he worth what he's going to earn (or what he earned on his last contract)? Not really. 

He's not a DPOY guy. He's not an elite offensive center. He's good. But center is a deep position. Is the gap between "good" to "solid" worth 15ish million per year?

17 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

And that's the issue. 

He's good. He does good things. He's active. He gets deflections and steals and blocks. He moves well. He rebounds. He's solid on offense. He sets screens and gets offensive rebounds. He's gigantic. 

Is he worth what he's going to earn (or what he earned on his last contract)? Not really. 

He's not a DPOY guy. He's not an elite offensive center. He's good. But center is a deep position. Is the gap between "good" to "solid" worth 15ish million per year?

I think there’s a way that he’s exciting strictly because he’s change for the sake of change, but I also think the mentality, pace and style change he could provide to the team could be well worth the money if we used him with our guys on the roster the right way. He’d be worth the money if using him for his strengths also allowed us to utilize Isaac, Fultz and Gordon’s strengths. I’m tired of playing to Vooch’s strengths at the sacrifice of everyone else’s.

8 hours ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Also I'm not sure switching from Vucevic to Drummond would make us a worse offensive team. It's not like Drummond is Birch. He's got a track record of being able to provide an efficient 16ppg. 

http://bkref.com/tiny/9uCes

I'm just not sure if he's worth the financial investment that it would take to keep him. 

the passing and spacing is what I was speaking too. I know he can score on the block. 

55 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

Yeah forget Drummond. Vooch is better than him 

especially when you factor the contract. 

26 minutes ago, Okethree said:

My god holiday is good. Anyone watching this lakers game?

Yep. He is class. I'd have him in a heartbeat for us.