Soul Bro

2019-2020 Official Trade Ideas Thread

15 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

Question, even though i watched most of the games, how did we score after the all star break last year? We played at a faster pace and got really hot from the 3.

Am i missing something? It's just so frustrating no momentum carried over from last year.

We didn't have a fast pace last year. 

We did get hot from 3. 

We were healthy and had 6 guys averaging double figures.

I'm not really worried about the offense. Before Gordon and Vucevic went out we had 6 straight games of above average offense. But a Fultz-Fournier-iwundu-Isaac-Birch augustin-Ross-aminu-Bamba rotation doesn't have enough production every night to sustain us on offense and not enough defense to make us an elite defensive team. 

Gordon coming back changes both sides of the ball. We miss MCW too. 

Also I'm not sure switching from Vucevic to Drummond would make us a worse offensive team. It's not like Drummond is Birch. He's got a track record of being able to provide an efficient 16ppg. 

http://bkref.com/tiny/9uCes

I'm just not sure if he's worth the financial investment that it would take to keep him. 

8 minutes ago, Just a regular Magic fan said:

Why change who he is? I think it's better to go with a higher percentage shot. Plus, I don't want us to be a team that lives or dies by the three.

If a player like DD can’t or won’t shoot 3’s is on a team that struggles with offensive consistently and paired with Fultz,  a PG who right now isn’t shooting 3’s, it makes it easier for defenses to take away the high percentage shot for both players and for others as well.

10 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

We did get hot from 3. 

I'm not really worried about the offense. Before Gordon and Vucevic went out we had 6 straight games of above average offense. But a Fultz-Fournier-iwundu-Isaac-Birch augustin-Ross-aminu-Bamba rotation doesn't have enough production every night to sustain us on offense and not enough defense to make us an elite defensive team. 

I'm not concerned about the execution of the offense itself once we are healthy again.  What I am concerned about is what may be a philosophical disconnect in style of play when these injuries happen.  We're already last in the league in pace, so when Vooch goes down we play... slower?  Pace of 92.1 against DET.  If that trend continues during Vooch's injury, I'm going to have a hard time finding the justification.

16 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

We did get hot from 3. 

Maybe not so much in regular season but in the playoffs (if that’s still the goal) I’m seriously concerned about the offense. 

42 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Maybe not so much in regular season but in the playoffs (if that’s still the goal) I’m seriously concerned about the offense. 

I think that's solvable by fultz and Isaac improving. Maybe it doesn't happen this year but I'm not making moves to improve our 2020 playoff offensive production. 

4 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

I think that's solvable by fultz and Isaac improving. Maybe it doesn't happen this year but I'm not making moves to improve our 2020 playoff offensive production. 

No but if you can, you make moves to put those two in a better position to succeed and future.

7 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

No but if you can, you make moves to put those two in a better position to succeed and future.

Sure. I just want to balance the two thought processes. Can't hurt the future to make us marginally better today. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Also I'm not sure switching from Vucevic to Drummond would make us a worse offensive team. It's not like Drummond is Birch. He's got a track record of being able to provide an efficient 16ppg. 

http://bkref.com/tiny/9uCes

I'm just not sure if he's worth the financial investment that it would take to keep him. 

Would it be anymore than what Vuch got?