Soul Bro

2019-2020 Official Trade Ideas Thread

26 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

Disagree, They can both play the one and two and provide some defense

One is a 40% three point shooter who excels playing off ball. The other is a 32% three point shooter that excels on ball in high usage situations. 

Referring to Brogdon and Dinwiddie in that reference, not Harris as he is mainly a 3 pt shooter. If you look up the Nets depth chart Dunnwiddie backs up Harris at the 2 as well. It’s not ideal, but with our options it could work in my opinion and it wouldn’t  be bad to have 2 starting level points as long as one can play off the ball and I believe he can, not so sure on Fultz.

• Downvote 1

With all due respect... ***** Dinwiddie and Harris. I want to win championships and those 2 will not help with that at all for us. Let's just be brutally honest

I hear you, but I’m not sure we are there yet. I hoping to make it out of the 2nd round this year. Our youth will need time and Vooch and Evan just keep us competitive. I don’t think anybody thinks we win a championship for at least 3 years.

• Downvote 1

The whole thing about this thread is trades. I think i started the Nets trade talk because i thought they might make a panic move.

If you want to talk about a star who might be attainable, How about Blake Griffin?  If the Pistons are in last place next month think they might blow it up?

29 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

Referring to Brogdon and Dinwiddie in that reference, not Harris as he is mainly a 3 pt shooter. If you look up the Nets depth chart Dunnwiddie backs up Harris at the 2 as well. It’s not ideal, but with our options it could work in my opinion and it wouldn’t  be bad to have 2 starting level points as long as one can play off the ball and I believe he can, not so sure on Fultz.

Dinwiddie can play the 2. 

Dinwiddie can't play the 2 next to fultz. 

It would be nice to have 2 starting caliber points but these aren't 2 that can play together because they play the same way and both struggle off ball. 

2 hours ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Dinwiddie can play the 2. 

Dinwiddie can't play the 2 next to fultz. 

It would be nice to have 2 starting caliber points but these aren't 2 that can play together because they play the same way and both struggle off ball. 

I agree. That is why fultz and DJ only seem to work with DJ off the ball.

I predict the Cavs and Blazers make the first trade of the season. It just makes too much sense for Kevin Love to be in Portland. If the Cavs can get Simons or Nassir maybe both they have to do it. I love Dj but wish we could get Clarkson to back up Fultz. 

4 hours ago, Magicpassion said:

I hear you, but I’m not sure we are there yet. I hoping to make it out of the 2nd round this year. Our youth will need time and Vooch and Evan just keep us competitive. I don’t think anybody thinks we win a championship for at least 3 years.

I’ll keep an eye out for you as well nr

4 hours ago, Magicpassion said:

I hear you on that also. 

Just those guys don't move the needle for me at all. 

I just want at least one championship in my lifetime.. hopefully multiple lol

Q: Do you see Caris and Spencer as good fits with Kyrie because of their versatility?

A: Definitely; their versatility and that they can guard multiple positions. The way the league is trending now, it's a positionless league. You can go with those three guys, and KD, as you're 1, 2, 3, 4. And they're all interchangeable. All of them can bring the ball up the floor, all of them can defend multiple positions. All of them can be placed in pick and roll reads. All of them can play catch and shoot because they all can shoot the ball very well. It's pretty dynamic. I won't say that it's Golden State-esque yet. But that's what makes Golden State so special. Klay Thompson can catch and shoot, Steph Curry can catch and shoot. Kevin Durant can catch and shoot. But you can also put the ball in their hands. Back in the day, you could either catch and shoot or you're really good at creating off the dribble. There wasn't this combination. And then the fact that they want to get after it defensively as well, Spencer's a really good, cerebral defender. Caris LeVert is a good defender. It can be really scary, it can be scary.