Soul Bro

2019-2020 Official Trade Ideas Thread

23 minutes ago, Babir_9 said:

I like Bogdanovich more than Fournier.

They're basically the same player except Fournier averages more points. They're the same age, the same height, play exactly the same way. Have the same weaknesses. 

You like bogdanovic because he doesn't get tunnel vision with Vucevic but he hasn't had the opportunity to get tunnel vision with Vucevic. 

6 minutes ago, Gordon MVP said:

I honestly hate the make up of this team. It still feels like hennigans team (because a lot of it is). 

It’s definitely a weird roster. Can see why making a rotation would be a challenge.

I’m hoping for a trade and everyone is on the table but JI and Fultz. We are a soft team! The only one with an edge is MCW and he is always hurt if you follow his career. We need some attitude and shooting. 

• Downvote 1

13 hours ago, Magicpassion said:

I’m hoping for a trade and everyone is on the table but JI and Fultz. We are a soft team! The only one with an edge is MCW and he is always hurt if you follow his career. We need some attitude and shooting. 

Depending on who it is, I would be okay with a trade, but at the same time, I am okay if we stand pat because the net gain (if there is one) probably won't be all that much. WeltHam gave the big contracts to Vooch and Ross because late last year our team had great team chemistry and made it to the playoffs. This year, it's a little different. Same guys, but the chemistry seems a little off. I know guys are pulling for each other. It just doesn't seem to be at the level we were last year where it was sort of a synergy thing going on. We will probably see it return if we can get on a roll. 

56 minutes ago, Just a regular Magic fan said:

Depending on who it is, I would be okay with a trade, but at the same time, I am okay if we stand pat because the net gain (if there is one) probably won't be all that much. WeltHam gave the big contracts to Vooch and Ross because late last year our team had great team chemistry and made it to the playoffs. This year, it's a little different. Same guys, but the chemistry seems a little off. I know guys are pulling for each other. It just doesn't seem to be at the level we were last year where it was sort of a synergy thing going on. We will probably see it return if we can get on a roll. 

There definitely seems to be an old regime vs new regime dynamic. I feel like Vuch/Fournier are the established old regime and Fournier wants to be the alpha,  but the new regime Isaac/Fultz is gaining steam and closing the gap. AG seems to kind of fly solo, I’m not sure where he fits into this all but it will be interesting to see how he plays for 2-3 weeks without Vuch. 

1 hour ago, magicblue said:

There definitely seems to be an old regime vs new regime dynamic. I feel like Vuch/Fournier are the established old regime and Fournier wants to be the alpha,  but the new regime Isaac/Fultz is gaining steam and closing the gap. AG seems to kind of fly solo, I’m not sure where he fits into this all but it will be interesting to see how he plays for 2-3 weeks without Vuch. 

I think deep down AG wants to be the alpha, but so far his inability to consistently win his individual matchups, on offense, is letting him down. I hope we keep AG because I believe with his work ethic the light will eventually come on.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Just a regular Magic fan said:

I think deep down AG wants to be the alpha, but so far his inability to consistently win his individual matchups, on offense, is letting him down. I hope we keep AG because I believe with his work ethic the light will eventually come on.

I agree

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Just a regular Magic fan said:

Maybe. I just don’t think he has the IQ for it. Not saying he isn’t a smart player. He’s just smart in other ways. Take a look at JI. He looks more advanced than AG imo. He knows how to read the defense. The game is slowing down for him faster than it has for AG. 

16 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Maybe. I just don’t think he has the IQ for it. Not saying he isn’t a smart player. He’s just smart in other ways. Take a look at JI. He looks more advanced than AG imo. He knows how to read the defense. The game is slowing down for him faster than it has for AG. 

I think AG, if not traded, will wind up being the glue-guy, third option behind Fultz and Isaac. I've been surprised at how confident Isaac has come into this season. He may end up being the alpha of this team when its all said and done. I do think Fournier and Vuch are unwilling to yield their pecking order and I think that's where some of the "tension" stems from. It may be that losing one of them is the only way to break that tension and allow the young guns to assume their new roles. I mean Fournier and Vuch make big money, but lets face it, they've had their shot over the past 4-5 years and the best they could get us to is the 7th seed and 4-1 playoff exit.

21 minutes ago, magicblue said:

I think AG, if not traded, will wind up being the glue-guy, third option behind Fultz and Isaac. I've been surprised at how confident Isaac has come into this season. He may end up being the alpha of this team when its all said and done. I do think Fournier and Vuch are unwilling to yield their pecking order and I think that's where some of the "tension" stems from. It may be that losing one of them is the only way to break that tension and allow the young guns to assume their new roles. I mean Fournier and Vuch make big money, but lets face it, they've had their shot over the past 4-5 years and the best they could get us to is the 7th seed and 4-1 playoff exit.

I don’t know. It’s possible but it seems like JI is more of that guy on the court. Verbally AG is that guy but on the court? 

1 hour ago, Magicman28 said:

It really has. That's so surprising. 

Gordon should benefit from a step back in role though if he's ok accepting that. He'd be an elite third option if we run more and get him into more advantageous situations vs making him create on his own all of the time.