Soul Bro

2019-2020 Official Trade Ideas Thread

1 minute ago, Fultz4thewin said:

That doesn't concern me at all TBH. 

Feels to me like awaiting a resolution is far less risky.  Even if your assessment is the risk of a messy outcome is low, its still there.

We should try to get Bogdan Bogdanovich from the Kings. Sacramento can’t pay him and if he plays good we can extend him. Maybe they take Mo Bamba plus Wes...Bogdanovich is a great shooter, above the average passer and he got confidence to make shots. He will improve the offence significantly.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Babir_9 said:

We should try to get Bogdan Bogdanovich from the Kings. Sacramento can’t pay him and if he plays good we can extend him. Maybe they take Mo Bamba plus Wes...Bogdanovich is a great shooter, above the average passer and he got confidence to make shots. He will improve the offence significantly.

we may not be able to pay him either... 

I really dont want to make any trades. I think we would be fine, if we were healthy. Too early to give up on our young players still on rookie deals. Having vets plus rookies deals, helps balance the budget. If Fournier opt-in we will be stuck. Later we will need to sign fultz and Isaac. (big money) Plus, okeke and our 1st round pick next year will both kicking in. I think we need to remain patience, or we will get fleeced like the victor and sabonis trade or the Harris trade. Those were moves made from lack of patience. We need to learn from those mistakes and develop our young talent. 

As much as I have spoke negatively about mo. I still want to be patience, because he is young and you have to give them time to develop. We have spent to many years losing to give up on those selected players. If healthy, we are a playoff team in the east. Until the nba relines the playoff structure... lol

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Babir_9 said:

Agree in general but not with the part that SAC can’t pay him. Ariza and Bjelica contacts will basically come out of their payroll at the end of the year, so they will have margin and by the good impact Bogdanovic is making for them, I think it is very likely they will keep him. 

Looking at how we are at the moment, it looks like in the best scenario, we will just make into the playoffs but then, with no real perspective of good playoff run after that: playing MIL or BOS or PHI or TOR... and if we follow the same philosophy of last summer, I don’t see us improving considerably next year too...

So I do think we should do something and try to improve our team. And by going to the market, we should focus on POR as trading partner... they are a “winning-now” team that is not delivering so they must be open for trade, and they have one player (Simons) that I really believe would fit perfectly with our future core (Fultz, Isaac... and probably Bamba, Okeke). I think Fournier+Aminu would satisfy their current needs and let him and Bazemore go. Note that Bazemore contract end next summer.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

I want to see improvement from Mo. I’m all for staying patient as long as there’s incremental gains; has Mo improved? or regressed? Too soon to tell?

The 2nd half against Indiana last night was his best half of the year imo. Created a Fournier three by running to the rim in transition, hit a pick and pop three and seemed more active on defense and on the boards. He’s still having his lapses in positioning where he’s in no mans land, and he got caught by a couple of shot fakes by Sabonis and McConnell where you wished he stayed on the ground, but overall, it’s improvement from his previous couple of games. Hopefully that half is a catalyst for Mo and he starts stringing together some games here

8 hours ago, Babir_9 said:

You want to trade stuff for a worse version of Fournier?

21 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

You want to trade stuff for a worse version of Fournier?

I like Bogdanovich more than Fournier.

59 minutes ago, JayMac said:

Agree in general but not with the part that SAC can’t pay him. Ariza and Bjelica contacts will basically come out of their payroll at the end of the year, so they will have margin and by the good impact Bogdanovic is making for them, I think it is very likely they will keep him. 

Looking at how we are at the moment, it looks like in the best scenario, we will just make into the playoffs but then, with no real perspective of good playoff run after that: playing MIL or BOS or PHI or TOR... and if we follow the same philosophy of last summer, I don’t see us improving considerably next year too...

So I do think we should do something and try to improve our team. And by going to the market, we should focus on POR as trading partner... they are a “winning-now team that is not delivering so they must be open for trade, and they have one player (Simons) that I really believe would fit perfectly with our future core (Fultz, Isaac... and probably Bamba, Okeke). I think Fournier+Aminu would satisfy their current needs and let him and Bazemore go. Note that Bazemore contract end next summer.

Getting Simons would be a dream...