Soul Bro

2019-2020 Official Trade Ideas Thread

14 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

Thank you, Soul Bro!

Edit:  Oladipo was also turnover prone.

Btw: Oladipo is still out (injury).  Not that I would not be happy to have him return to the Magic.

Victor’s not out, he’s tearing it up on The Masked Singer as ‘Thingamajig’ and winning America’s heart every week!! You heard it here first ;)

31 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Victor’s not out, he’s tearing it up on The Masked Singer as ‘Thingamajig’ and winning America’s heart every week!! You heard it here first ;)

VlOK2W.gif

1 hour ago, fan for too long 2 said:

He also says looking at Indiana aka Gordon trade there. Gordon for oladipo???

LMAO It's not Oladipo but what would Indiana have that we would want? They ain't ridding of Brogdon thats for sure. 

2 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

For those criticizing AG for forcing shots and bulldozing drives to the basket, I agree. Dude is still rigid and a work in progress on offense. However, just a few years ago we dealt away another overly aggressive, young, rigid player who became a star. That’s Victor Oladipo.

If a great deal comes along for AG that balances out our roster, we should consider it. In the meantime, if history teaches us anything, it says we should be patient, especially because we have AG on a favorable contract.

Go Magic!

AG is at the age/point where we have a solid idea on what he is. Is there a chance he gets a little better? Yeah but he’s been in the league long enough to where it’s not comparable to when we traded Dipo.

33 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

AG is at the age/point where we have a solid idea on what he is. Is there a chance he gets a little better? Yeah but he’s been in the league long enough to where it’s not comparable to when we traded Dipo.

Gordon is 24. Dipo was traded at 24 or 25 right? What exactly do you mean?

2 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

For those criticizing AG for forcing shots and bulldozing drives to the basket, I agree. Dude is still rigid and a work in progress on offense. However, just a few years ago we dealt away another overly aggressive, young, rigid player who became a star. That’s Victor Oladipo.

If a great deal comes along for AG that balances out our roster, we should consider it. In the meantime, if history teaches us anything, it says we should be patient, especially because we have AG on a favorable contract.

Go Magic!

I think the forcing shots criticism is old from when he was God awful at shot selection two years ago.

I just watched every shot attempt for him this season and there's only 10 shots that are really outside of the offense that I'd say are questionable decisions. 

Basketball reference says he only has 6 offensive fouls so far which seems way too low. I would have guessed 11. But I figure only about 3 of those are problematic. 

That's not a ton of hijacking the offense

52 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

Gordon is 24. Dipo was traded at 24 or 25 right? What exactly do you mean?

Not to mention that Dipo isn't wildly different or that much better than when he left... just more mature, experienced and definitely more hyped.

6 hours ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

Gordon gets such a ****ty hand from us fans. Even if he only is Ariza or Iguodala every winning team needs that guy. 

I agree. There's a reason why other GMs are inquiring about his availability. If we traded him for Dipo I would understand and welcome him back, but I would miss AG. I think he is close to putting it all together and helps us in many other ways besides scoring. My hope is when it comes to the touch on his shot ( in the paint and around the basket) he watches and learns from Fultz. 

5 hours ago, South_Aussie_Magic said:

Not to mention that Dipo isn't wildly different or that much better than when he left... just more mature, experienced and definitely more hyped.

Nah, he’s considerably better and way more consistent

36 minutes ago, magicblue said:

Nah, he’s considerably better and way more consistent

I love Dipo, but he had one good season then has been injured since.