Soul Bro

2019-2020 Official Trade Ideas Thread

22 minutes ago, JayMac said:

Like it has been said before in this topic, everyone, apart from some key players, is available at the right price... In this case, I think apart from Harden and Westbrook(for now), anyone in HOU can be made available at some point. And by including Fournier in a the deal for House, I think they would at least give it some thought.

Are you trying to say that Beal may...eventually... be available? :)

House makes 3.4 million. 

Fournier makes 17 million. It's not really a feasible discussion

Houston wants things that make them better this year to maximize their window with harden. The 17th pick in this upcoming draft isn't something they'd covet. 

You can't just decided you want a player and trade for him. It has to make sense for both sides. And just like we wouldn't trade Ross for an expiring and a pick from a playoff team because our goal is to make the playoffs and additional late draft picks only do so much for us no playoff team is going to make a move like that. 

Beal in a vacuum should be available but there's special circumstances that make him untradable and now cap rules with his extension literally make him untradable until next summer. 

8 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

It doesn't work. We can't add that much salary. Trade machines don't account for our hard cap situation because unlikely to achieve bonuses aren't counted in the salary. 

Well figure it out!

14 hours ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Fwiw he's improved from literally the worst screen setter I've seen in my entire life to "iffy"

So that's something. Maybe he keeps improving. He at least makes contract every time now. Next thing he needs to learn how to do is move more deliberately after the screen. 

He failed to set like 7 screens in a row the other night vs. Philly (slipped the screen without setting the pick) and the one time he did actually set the screen he was charged for an offensive foul. I don't know how or why this hasn't been addressed when my 7-yr old can see it.

12 minutes ago, magicblue said:

He failed to set like 7 screens in a row the other night vs. Philly (slipped the screen without setting the pick) and the one time he did actually set the screen he was charged for an offensive foul. I don't know how or why this hasn't been addressed when my 7-yr old can see it.

Bamba got 4 screen assists that game so he at least set 4 good screens. 

Slipping the screen isn't setting a bad screen though. 

1 minute ago, Bauncey Chillups said:

I'd be okay with moving Fultz *if* we receive reliable shot-creation in return.

I guess it depends on your definition of reliable. 

I wouldn't for reliable shot creation like dinwiddie. I would for a legitimate number one offensive option.

22 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Bamba got 4 screen assists that game so he at least set 4 good screens. 

Slipping the screen isn't setting a bad screen though. 

Right, its not setting a screen at all. I'd like to see those 4 because I was at the game and watched it again yesterday and all he did was not set screens. He must have received credit for the intent

I understand people’s frustration with Fournier, but compare his mean production to what’s available on the market also considering he is still  young; many of these proposals look like lateral moves giving up youth and one of our best 3 point shooters; which we can’t afford. If we move him it better be on a level of a Beal deal assuming they don’t want the farm.