Soul Bro

2019-2020 Official Trade Ideas Thread

Vooch looked good last night; even on D. I don’t see Bamba taking his job anytime soon; if at all. If we can find someone that believes he has the value of his draft pick 6; I’d trade him for the right deal.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Just a regular Magic fan said:

What are your thoughts about our team now that we have a few games under our belt? Are we misevaluating any of our guys? Is there a core group (or player) that is untouchable, or is anyone and everyone available for the right price? 

I'm not sure that anyone is untouchable on this team, however, I think Isaac is close, largely due to his defense and energy, partly due to the offensive flashes we've seen, and partly due to him still being on a rookie contract. Getting equal value for him at his current salary would be very difficult, so it would have to be part of a multi-player trade for a star where we dump other salary. The same can be said for any offers on Fultz. I sure wouldn't trade Fultz for a journeyman and a late first that could easily become two seconds, a la what we got him for. I do think we need to have a little more patience, as it is still early in the season, and I think guys are beginning to get back into the swing; at the same time I'm not sure there is any real excuse for being out of it to start this season. 

5 hours ago, jmmagicfan said:

I'm not sure that anyone is untouchable on this team, however, I think Isaac is close, largely due to his defense and energy, partly due to the offensive flashes we've seen, and partly due to him still being on a rookie contract. Getting equal value for him at his current salary would be very difficult, so it would have to be part of a multi-player trade for a star where we dump other salary. The same can be said for any offers on Fultz. I sure wouldn't trade Fultz for a journeyman and a late first that could easily become two seconds, a la what we got him for. I do think we need to have a little more patience, as it is still early in the season, and I think guys are beginning to get back into the swing; at the same time I'm not sure there is any real excuse for being out of it to start this season. 

I think that JI and Fultz are the only two "untouchables" (and Chuma... to an extent. I wanna see him play before making a decision on him)

AG and Bamba are tradeable for the right price

I wouldn't have a problem with trading anyone else on the roster though

7 minutes ago, andrew2018022 said:

I think that JI and Fultz are the only two "untouchables" (and Chuma... to an extent. I wanna see him play before making a decision on him)

I concur with your analysis. 

1 hour ago, andrew2018022 said:

I do actually agree with you on Chuma, to an extent, because I too want to see him play in this league before making a decision on him. I would only consider JI or Fultz if it were for a top-15 player in this league. For example, if Washington came up with Bradley Beal/Admiral Schofield/Isaiah Thomas for Isaac/Fournier/Augustin I would have to consider it, not sure if I would do it, but I'd listen and think about it. I don't think anyone will come up with that kind of offer, that you really have to stop and think about it, but never say never. I think JI and Fultz are both worth a lot more than their current rookie salaries, so a trade that reflects their "true" value becomes much more difficult, and I don't think it is something you currently go looking for. Plus, I'm not sure we know yet what either of their true values are.

Having said that though, in my opinion, there are only a few players that you don't even listen if someone calls and says "I want to talk to you about trading ..." and I don't think we have any of those players currently on our roster. I think management listens - they may laugh there a - - off and hang up - but I don't honestly believe they don't at least listen. 

On 11/13/2019 at 1:00 PM, Fultz4thewin said:

Nah. The cost of DeRozan is much less than Gordon. Like fournier and salary filler

I am curious about DeRozan. He is listed as a guard/forward. Comparing him and Fournier, DeRozen has more rebounds and assists. Do you know if DeRozen plays more guard or forward? Also, Fournier seems more comfortable shooting the three; however, DeRozen might be better at the screen and roll since he is more comfortable with the mid-range shot and assists. Since the screen and roll is hard to defend when done properly, I wonder if DeRozen might be the better fit for us because I think we can replace Fourniers three-point shooting with our other starters. I would try and have two groups of screen and rollers. DeRozen/Vooch, and Fultz/Vooch or Bamba (he has work to do on his screens, but is a decent shooter).

28 minutes ago, Just a regular Magic fan said:

Bamba (he has work to do on his screens, but is a decent shooter).

Please someone teach him how to set a screen. I swear no one on our team knows how to do this decently.

49 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

Please someone teach him how to set a screen. I swear no one on our team knows how to do this decently.

Fwiw he's improved from literally the worst screen setter I've seen in my entire life to "iffy"

So that's something. Maybe he keeps improving. He at least makes contract every time now. Next thing he needs to learn how to do is move more deliberately after the screen. 

12 hours ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Rodrigue Beaubois was an alright player who Dallas thought was elite and untouchable after a 40 point game because they thought he was a star. 

They could have traded for Carmelo Anthony but wouldn't include him in the deal to make it happen. 

Turns out he was fine. Not great. Fine. Then injuries derailed his career. 

So the lesson is, sometimes you have to ignore the narrative you get from teams because they might be misevaluating their young guy. It doesn't make sense to dump a bunch of assets to get a guy when you don't really have any evidence of what he can be yet. Maybe Simons is someone that's going to be great. Maybe he's Jordan Clarkson. We don't know yet. So it doesn't make sense to blow up the team today to get that guy. 

I was honestly just being facetious, but I have to say I must have forgotten about that whole fiasco - I can't believe even without injury that a guy that small was going to have a great career, I remember him playing hard, and the fact he averaged nearly 5 boards for 6' nothing is what I mean - he was a tryer with good motor. Shame about that.

I can't speak to the whole Simons hype, haven't really watched him at all. Can't imagine there's really anyone available at the moment who's worth breaking the bank for 

Considering how low the value for Dennis Smith is right now, does anyone think we'd be able to (not saying it would be the best move or even a game changer) swindle him for not very much? They're in crisis mode. Seems anything could happen and Steve Mills isn't looking too bright.

23 minutes ago, South_Aussie_Magic said:

Considering how low the value for Dennis Smith is right now, does anyone think we'd be able to (not saying it would be the best move or even a game changer) swindle him for not very much? They're in crisis mode. Seems anything could happen and Steve Mills isn't looking too bright.

We probably could. 

And he's better than he's played this year. He's feeling with stuff off the court. 

But I don't know. The point of Smith was to get a point guard who could get to the rim and score a bit and hopefully develop him where he could play efficient, winning basketball. 

Now that we have fultz we don't need to gamble with guys like him anymore.