Soul Bro

2019-2020 Official Trade Ideas Thread

1 hour ago, Fultz4thewin said:

But that's a massive overpay for Boston. They don't need cap space. And they're 8-1. I thought they'd trade Brown this year because they had Hayward and Tatum and didn't really need all 3. They resigned Brown. 

Now I think they'll trade Hayward because they have to extend Tatum next summer and just invested big time in Brown. 

They wouldn't trade Hayward and Brown though. That makes no sense (unless they're getting back giannis or something). 

Very well said. Don't think they trade Brown now that he is resigned and think they might move on from Hayward.I'm  just not sure it happens in season. The Portland Trailblazers have to be the number 1 team most likely to make a move in December.I would love for us to be in on a trade.We need our guys to play well to increase value.Of course people want Simons, he seems like the type of player who might blossom.However i think it's looking more likely they trade CJ and pieces for some help and keep Simons.

I can see a few small moves we could make with the Blazers or a few block-buster moves with multiple players switching teams. They can use Whiteside or Bazemore to trade with second tier teams to get middling help.They can finally decide to move on from CJ which would be more about the money. They can also send out Simons,Little and picks for some low key help, but i think they keep them.Unless they do a real blockbuster, in which case they gone.

Frankly i would love dealing with the Blazers but it seems more likely the Thunder or even the Knicks trade with them.

Edit; Forgot the obligatory trade that won't happen.

Send them back Aminu and Fournier for McCollum. I'm sure they miss him! 

6 hours ago, Just a regular Magic fan said:

I really didn't want Bamba in the draft, but trade him ASAP for who? Another guy who is on a team because of their so-called potential? I am not opposed to it IF WeltHam can find a nice little nugget, but I also want to see what Bamba can bring when/ IF he can get clearance to play every game. His stress fracture has delayed his development. He might not ever become a superstar, but I don't think we need one of those at center. As long as he's solid I think we can win with him. 

His stress fracture is a sign that he will never be a 30+ minute player and that is my point. Trade him for someone who will be able to do that and a good shooter. I don’t really care who,  get value while you can. IMO he was a mistake to draft, the way he moves is just not athletic for my taste. He looks very awkward in his movement and destined to have health issues. The scouts failed and should have noticed this.

5 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

His stress fracture is a sign that he will never be a 30+ minute player

It's the exact same injury luol Deng had in 2009, Javale McGee had in 2013, Jrue Holiday had in 2015, Seth Curry and Rodney mcgruder had in 2017, Tim hardaway jr had last year, Melvin Frazier had in June. 

None of these players had long term minutes restriction. So I'm not sure you're basing your opinion on correct information. 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

They wouldn't trade Hayward and Brown though.

Agree that trading both Hayward and Brown is a loooong shot... but... extending someone does not necessarily mean the player is unmovable.

Also, if we look at BOS situation at the end of this season, they will have 103M blocked on 4 players, not counting Tatum so they need to move and I struggle to see a lot of teams willing to give them someone they covet in exchange for Hayward's contract. Maybe my common sense is being biased by my ORL fanaticism... :)

34 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

Frankly i would love dealing with the Blazers but it seems more likely the Thunder or even the Knicks trade with them.

I think A.Gordon is far more interesting for POR than anyone OKC or NYK can give. Unless like you say, it is a blockbuster deal with several teams involved, but this would make things more complicated to workout.

P.S.: I am surprised that, even though it doesn't match their game, nobody mentioned a straight Vooch-DLo trade.

11 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

It's the exact same injury luol Deng had in 2009, Javale McGee had in 2013, Jrue Holiday had in 2015, Seth Curry and Rodney mcgruder had in 2017, Tim hardaway jr had last year, Melvin Frazier had in June. 

None of these players had long term minutes restriction. So I'm not sure you're basing your opinion on correct information. 

Agreed. Of all the injuries that players can get, I would put stress fractures on the lower end of the severity spectrum.  

1 minute ago, JJZFL said:

Agreed. Of all the injuries that players can get, I would put stress fractures on the lower end of the severity spectrum.  

At least to the tibia. It'd be different if he had a stress fracture in his foot. 

Though Gordon suffered from that and is fine and it's not like Bamba is one of the 270 lb centers so maybe it would have no real impact either. 

4 minutes ago, JayMac said:

Agree that trading both Hayward and Brown is a loooong shot... but... extending someone does not necessarily mean the player is unmovable.

Also, if we look at BOS situation at the end of this season, they will have 103M blocked on 4 players, not counting Tatum so they need to move and I struggle to see a lot of teams willing to give them someone they covet in exchange for Hayward's contract. Maybe my common sense is being biased by my ORL fanaticism... :)

I think A.Gordon is far more interesting for POR than anyone OKC or NYK can give. Unless like you say, it is a blockbuster deal with several teams involved, but this would make things more complicated to workout.

P.S.: I am surprised that, even though it doesn't match their game, nobody mentioned a straight Vooch-DLo trade.

Hayward move would be all about money. Boston could get two pieces under contract, Tatum and Brown makes him expendable.The team trading  for him would do it for cap space in 2021.

1 minute ago, Fultz4thewin said:

At least to the tibia. It'd be different if he had a stress fracture in his foot. 

Though Gordon suffered from that and is fine and it's not like Bamba is one of the 270 lb centers so maybe it would have no real impact either. 

Hard for me to picture Bamba at 270. I’m trying, though.  

ACTUAL RUMORS FROM LEGITIMATE SOURCES

Multiple league sources say the Magic are scouring the trade market for scoring help and have already expressed interest in trading for DeRozan.

https://www.theringer.com/platform/amp/nba/2019/11/13/20962320/san-antonio-spurs-demar-derozan-popovich-trade-style?__twitter_impression=true

14 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

ACTUAL RUMORS FROM LEGITIMATE SOURCES

Multiple league sources say the Magic are scouring the trade market for scoring help and have already expressed interest in trading for DeRozan.

https://www.theringer.com/platform/amp/nba/2019/11/13/20962320/san-antonio-spurs-demar-derozan-popovich-trade-style?__twitter_impression=true

I feel like Gordon would be a part of these talks in order for them to make sense.