Soul Bro

2019-2020 Official Trade Ideas Thread

I really wanted DSJr on draft night and was dissapointed with J.I man was i wrong Smith is looking bad looks out of shape obviously small sample size but hes shooting 9%

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Odin said:

Why are fans of this team so eager to give up our youngsters so easily? 

It’s more so about balancing out our roster 

12 hours ago, fan for too long 2 said:

If we are wondering if bamba is worth keeping at this point in time , then that in itself says he should be traded asap. A number five pick a year and a half in should not have these type of questions lingering. Trade him while people think he still has that top five possiblilites. 

I really didn't want Bamba in the draft, but trade him ASAP for who? Another guy who is on a team because of their so-called potential? I am not opposed to it IF WeltHam can find a nice little nugget, but I also want to see what Bamba can bring when/ IF he can get clearance to play every game. His stress fracture has delayed his development. He might not ever become a superstar, but I don't think we need one of those at center. As long as he's solid I think we can win with him. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Fultz4thewin said:

They aren't competing agendas when fultz and Isaac are arguably our best players. Today. 

The problem comes back to our system. While Fultz has flashed, he has yet to demonstrate he can consistently shoot the long ball. If we want to really build around Fultz and Isaac, it really changes the "what" and "who" of our starting unit. I think you spoke to this in another post, but that change in the system (and personnel) is a pretty hard reset from last year. For the record, I'm fine it, as I've never believed building a team around Vooch will lead to championship ball. 

As it looks to be too calm in here, let me propose an alternative to version of the trades previously presented:

Again, both to be done by mid-December, with the 1st one now including the Knicks instead of the Spurs, as they tend to be more open for trading based on their current situation. On top of that, they have some interesting players that fit our roster much better that what we getting from the Spurs:

image.thumb.png.fdb97c8e32b10e3104c00d356f412ddf.png

Also, I've noticed Bazemore's contract expires next summer, which together with MCW and Melvin Frazier expiring contracts would be very convenient to absorb the new contract of Jaylen Brown, coming from the 2nd deal:

Untitled2.png.64f09e6c35352685af30c16a53c9eaff.png

We'll have the following line-ups:

1st: Fultz/Brown/Hayward/Isaac/Bamba

2nd: Ntilikina/Simons/Ross/Okeke/Portis

3rd: MCW/BJ/Little/Jefferson/Birch

Worth to mention that both Hayward and Portis contracts expires on the summer of 2021, which is exactly when we will hopefully resign both Isaac and Fultz, giving us a good margin to make them remain with us. ;)

8 minutes ago, JayMac said:

As it looks to be too calm in here, let me propose an alternative to version of the trades previously presented:

Again, both to be done by mid-December, with the 1st one now including the Knicks instead of the Spurs, as they tend to be more open for trading based on their current situation. On top of that, they have some interesting players that fit our roster much better that what we getting from the Spurs:

image.thumb.png.fdb97c8e32b10e3104c00d356f412ddf.png

Also, I've noticed Bazemore's contract expires next summer, which together with MCW and Melvin Frazier expiring contracts would be very convenient to absorb the new contract of Jaylen Brown, coming from the 2nd deal:

Untitled2.png.64f09e6c35352685af30c16a53c9eaff.png

We'll have the following line-ups:

1st: Fultz/Brown/Hayward/Isaac/Bamba

2nd: Ntilikina/Simons/Ross/Okeke/Portis

3rd: MCW/BJ/Little/Jefferson/Birch

Worth to mention that both Hayward and Portis contracts expires on the summer of 2021, which is exactly when we will hopefully resign both Isaac and Fultz, giving us a good margin to make them remain with us. ;)

Why would Boston do that?

Why would we trade Gordon for Simons?

30 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Why would Boston do that?

Because they have been interested in Vooch for some time now and even though they have a nice season record at the moment, I don't think they will rest comfortable with Theis, Williams or Kanter as their C with the progress of the season. As for Hayward, his contract expires after next season and with Tatum, Kemba and Smart, I don't see them extending his contract so they might be open to move him now to get something in return. Moving Brown for them would be an opportunity to free salary cap and we could even add another pick to "motivate" them.

46 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Why would we trade Gordon for Simons?

In case we move him to the Blazers, I would rather get him and Little than CJ, for example. And looking at other teams that might be interested in him (I suppose SAC, MIN, ATL, WAS, NYK) who would you see has a good return? PHO may be interested but I struggle to see them agreeing on sending Bridges and Oubre Jr for him...

5 minutes ago, JayMac said:

Because they have been interested in Vooch for some time now and even though they have a nice season record at the moment, I don't think they will rest comfortable with Theis, Williams or Kanter as their C with the progress of the season. As for Hayward, his contract expires after next season and with Tatum, Kemba and Smart, I don't see them extending his contract so they might be open to move him now to get something in return. Moving Brown for them would be an opportunity to free salary cap and we could even add another pick to "motivate" them.

In case we move him to the Blazers, I would rather get him and Little than CJ, for example. And looking at other teams that might be interested in him (I suppose SAC, MIN, ATL, WAS, NYK) who would you see has a good return? PHO may be interested but I struggle to see them agreeing on sending Bridges and Oubre Jr for him...

But that's a massive overpay for Boston. They don't need cap space. And they're 8-1. I thought they'd trade Brown this year because they had Hayward and Tatum and didn't really need all 3. They resigned Brown. 

Now I think they'll trade Hayward because they have to extend Tatum next summer and just invested big time in Brown. 

They wouldn't trade Hayward and Brown though. That makes no sense (unless they're getting back giannis or something).