Soul Bro

2019-2020 Official Trade Ideas Thread

We honestly have competing agendas this year. Developing Fultz and Isaac versus winning now. I’m all for being patient, but I’d rather trade Vooch than continuing to lean heavily on him.

35 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

AG for Gary Harris. 

Both slightly overpaid but near identical contracts. Harris would bring a pure shooting guard to the starting lineup and should help out quite a bit in our half court sets. He’s still a solid defender too. 

Fultz/Harris/Fournier/JI/Vuc 

Or maybe you start Aminu and bring Fournier off the bench. Ideally Okeke has started potential next year. 

Not great by any stretch but it’s a start. 

I think the Nuggets would be more likely to trade Beasley than Harris, but he makes so little that it’s hard finding a decent deal. Fournier and a pick for Beasley and Plumlee would work, or Beasley and Juancho for Bamba would work. Plumlee is expiring at $14 million so it’s get us out of the extra year of Fournier, but I’m not sure if Malik is anything more than a less consistent version of Ross.

58 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

AG for Gary Harris. 

Both slightly overpaid but near identical contracts. Harris would bring a pure shooting guard to the starting lineup and should help out quite a bit in our half court sets. He’s still a solid defender too. 

Fultz/Harris/Fournier/JI/Vuc 

Or maybe you start Aminu and bring Fournier off the bench. Ideally Okeke has started potential next year. 

Not great by any stretch but it’s a start. 

We're now two seasons and 66 games away from Harris's 17.5 ppg on 40% three point shooting season. 

In those 66 games he's averaged 12.7ppg on 34% three point shooting. 

So far this season his 3 point percentage has rebounded a little back up to 38% but his attempts and two point shooting percentages are way down making him more inefficient than last year. 

His shooting numbers have dropped for the third consecutive season. We're almost a year removed from his last 20 point game. Harris takes up almost $21 million in cap space the summer we need to resign fultz and Isaac. Starting next year Gordon will be paid less. 

So how does this make us better?

37 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

We honestly have competing agendas this year. Developing Fultz and Isaac versus winning now. I’m all for being patient, but I’d rather trade Vooch than continuing to lean heavily on him.

They aren't competing agendas when fultz and Isaac are arguably our best players. Today. 

31 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

CJ at this point is the SG version of Vuch

I wouldn't go that far. CJ is better at making tough shots and is able to play with the ball in his hands. I just don't see how he fits here, we aren't in a position to maximize him, and I feel like people are basing their opinion of him on his 20ppg status when his scoring is likely to drop to somewhere around 18 once he gets here. 

Some of you guys need to figure out what the end goal is and then figure out whether your moves are designed to achieve that goal. 

Golden State plays a style built to maximize the strengths of Steph and Klay. They need spacing and movement. More shooters multiplies the effectiveness of those two guys. Something as simple as Harrison Barnes going into a shooting slump destroyed their offense and cost them a title. 

Sacramento was being built to play fast. To use conditioning as a weapon to maximize the strengths of Fox and hield as well as all of their athletes. The main reason they've struggled this year is a change in that philosophy due to their change in coaching. 

Boston is built around interchangable wings and high level team passing. They need high IQ players and good passers at all positions to take advantage of off ball cuts. 

San Antonio is built to exploit the mid range game that defenses are built to give up. Specialized players. Well defined roles. Competency. 

Houston. Get to the rim, get to the foul line, shoot high volume threes. Slow things down. Play off harden isolations. 

Do you want to build around fultz and Isaac? What does that mean? Fultz is an athletic guard who can get to the rim but can't shoot. So you want to pair him with a pick and roll/pop partner in the half court. He can't shoot which means you want the ball in his hands a ton. He's fast with the ball so you want to feature transition a bunch. 

Isaac is versatile on both ends. He can play 3 positional roles on both ends. He's good at creating deflections and turnovers. How do you take advantage of that? You surround him with other versatile players. If you take a super versatile player like Isaac and surround him with typical positional players you force Isaac into a typical role himself. The best way to take advantage of versatility is with more versatility. This is why MCW looks better here than in other places. 

So if the goal is to build around fultz and Isaac you need to find wings that are big who can defend multiple positions, cause deflections, run, and play off ball. You need a center who can set good screens, move well both laterally and down the court, with either proficiency as a rim runner or a shooter. You need a bench that mostly compliments that style with allowances for some counter cultural situational players that aren't perfect fits if you have enough coverage where it's not going to be a disaster if they have to start due to injury. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

5 hours ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

Vuc and Fournier for a bag of chips. No seriously though we need to get rid of these two already I still can’t fathom why we resigned either of them when we saw how terrible players they were when the games actually mattered in the playoffs last year. They could hardly dribble the ball much less put it in the basket. I’m tired of watching the same 2 guys slowly destroy any potential we have of being a legit team. Trade Vuc and either send Fournier to the bench to provide scoring to the second unit or ship him out as well. Tired of watching the same thing over and over again with the same results. 

This is me 100 per cent. I’m struggling to watch games these days without wanting to throw my tv off the balcony. Not sure how much longer I can take it. I’m loyal to my team but geez the constant backing of Fournier and Vooch by either their minutes played or plays run through them, plus their contracts is really testing my loyalty. I’d honestly take on bad shorter term contracts ( I know we have already done this with Mozgov) just to get off Vooch. His contract is already at this stage. What a balls up 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Some of you guys need to figure out what the end goal is and then figure out whether your moves are designed to achieve that goal. 

Golden State plays a style built to maximize the strengths of Steph and Klay. They need spacing and movement. More shooters multiplies the effectiveness of those two guys. Something as simple as Harrison Barnes going into a shooting slump destroyed their offense and cost them a title. 

Sacramento was being built to play fast. To use conditioning as a weapon to maximize the strengths of Fox and hield as well as all of their athletes. The main reason they've struggled this year is a change in that philosophy due to their change in coaching. 

Boston is built around interchangable wings and high level team passing. They need high IQ players and good passers at all positions to take advantage of off ball cuts. 

San Antonio is built to exploit the mid range game that defenses are built to give up. Specialized players. Well defined roles. Competency. 

Houston. Get to the rim, get to the foul line, shoot high volume threes. Slow things down. Play off harden isolations. 

Do you want to build around fultz and Isaac? What does that mean? Fultz is an athletic guard who can get to the rim but can't shoot. So you want to pair him with a pick and roll/pop partner in the half court. He can't shoot which means you want the ball in his hands a ton. He's fast with the ball so you want to feature transition a bunch. 

Isaac is versatile on both ends. He can play 3 positional roles on both ends. He's good at creating deflections and turnovers. How do you take advantage of that? You surround him with other versatile players. If you take a super versatile player like Isaac and surround him with typical positional players you force Isaac into a typical role himself. The best way to take advantage of versatility is with more versatility. This is why MCW looks better here than in other places. 

So if the goal is to build around fultz and Isaac you need to find wings that are big who can defend multiple positions, cause deflections, run, and play off ball. You need a center who can set good screens, move well both laterally and down the court, with either proficiency as a rim runner or a shooter. You need a bench that mostly compliments that style with allowances for some counter cultural situational players that aren't perfect fits if you have enough coverage where it's not going to be a disaster if they have to start due to injury. 

Everything your describing here screams the opposite of what Evan and Vooch bring to the table 

So to that end here's some of the players I'm looking at. 

Mikal Bridges-long shooting guard, smart player, good on ball defender, very high steal rate. Theoretically a good shooter. 

Robert Covington- Swiss army knife. You might think he can't play sg but his on ball matchups the last couple seasons have him defending points and sgs almost exclusively. 37% three point shooter. 

Marcus smart- 2 that has the strength to defend centers in the post. Steals. Can shoot. 

Jrue holiday- elite on ball defender. Leads league in deflections per game. 

Andre Drummond. Moves well. Sets good screens. Highest deflections per game for a center. 

WCS. Screens, deflections, rim runs. 

Kris dunn-deflections, steals. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Fultz4thewin said:

So to that end here's some of the players I'm looking at. 

Mikal Bridges-long shooting guard, smart player, good on ball defender, very high steal rate. Theoretically a good shooter. 

Robert Covington- Swiss army knife. You might think he can't play sg but his on ball matchups the last couple seasons have him defending points and sgs almost exclusively. 37% three point shooter. 

Marcus smart- 2 that has the strength to defend centers in the post. Steals. Can shoot. 

Jrue holiday- elite on ball defender. Leads league in deflections per game. 

Andre Drummond. Moves well. Sets good screens. Highest deflections per game for a center. 

WCS. Screens, deflections, rim runs. 

Kris dunn-deflections, steals. 

mate im with you on Mikal Bridges. He's my dream target no.1

would they do him for Bamba i wonder? prob not with Baynes and Ayton. I like the Other options. Wonder if Boston would trade Smart and Salary fillers for Vooch