2019-2020 Official Trade Ideas Thread

Potential trade targets mentioned elsewhere:

- Hayward

- Russell

- McCollum

- Holiday

- Dinwiddie

- Lavine 

Who do you like or want? Let’s hear your ideas.

Here we go: I would envisage 2 separate trades, to be done in mid-December when all constraints are cleared.

First one would go down like this:

image.thumb.png.f3cad3a6aec468f7907683c868aadaed.png

I would do this trade without hesitation!

After that, I would look at moving Vucevic, to the Celtics preferably, and try to get Jaylen Brown in return. His recent extension would be tough to work with next season and may "force" us to get Hayward's contract, but I would be ok on having that headache...

image.thumb.png.88d733247b70c26dce7a0d5a5ea098b7.png

I just feel the Celtics would probably be a bit reluctant to to do this... maybe adding a 3rd team (Sacramento?) would make it more tempting for them... but not so straight forward...

What you guys think?

• Downvote 1

Vuc and Fournier for a bag of chips. No seriously though we need to get rid of these two already I still can’t fathom why we resigned either of them when we saw how terrible players they were when the games actually mattered in the playoffs last year. They could hardly dribble the ball much less put it in the basket. I’m tired of watching the same 2 guys slowly destroy any potential we have of being a legit team. Trade Vuc and either send Fournier to the bench to provide scoring to the second unit or ship him out as well. Tired of watching the same thing over and over again with the same results. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

Vuc and Fournier for a bag of chips. No seriously though we need to get rid of these two already I still can’t fathom why we resigned either of them when we saw how terrible players they were when the games actually mattered in the playoffs last year. They could hardly dribble the ball much less put it in the basket. I’m tired of watching the same 2 guys slowly destroy any potential we have of being a legit team. Trade Vuc and either send Fournier to the bench to provide scoring to the second unit or ship him out as well. Tired of watching the same thing over and over again with the same results. 

We didn't resign Fournier. That happened in July 2016 when he was a 23 year old coming off a 40% three point shooting season. 

9 minutes ago, JayMac said:

Here we go: I would envisage 2 separate trades, to be done in mid-December when all constraints are cleared.

First one would go down like this:

image.thumb.png.f3cad3a6aec468f7907683c868aadaed.png

I would do this trade without hesitation!

After that, I would look at moving Vucevic, to the Celtics preferably, and try to get Jaylen Brown in return. His recent extension would be tough to work with next season and may "force" us to get Hayward's contract, but I would be ok on having that headache...

image.thumb.png.88d733247b70c26dce7a0d5a5ea098b7.png

I just feel the Celtics would probably be a bit reluctant to to do this... maybe adding a 3rd team (Sacramento?) would make it more tempting for them... but not so straight forward...

What you guys think?

First part is a bad trade. Gordon for a bunch of role players doesn’t make any sense.

The second trade, I think there would be issues with Jaylen’s contract.

The only names on the trade list that fits our true timeline is Russell and LaVine. Everyone else is at or approaching 30. We need to make a statement this year better then last then maybe we could sign a vet on short term deal. 

7 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

We didn't resign Fournier. That happened in July 2016 when he was a 23 year old coming off a 40% three point shooting season. 

We picked him over Oladipo essentially which was short sided and moronic. I understand this new regime didn’t make that decision but they have stated the draft flattened out 2 years ago when we had a bunch of picks and plenty of talent to draft and now they resigned Vuc to another massive contract after watching him get completely shut down and outplayed by an aging Marc Gasol. 

15 minutes ago, Odin said:

First part is a bad trade. Gordon for a bunch of role players doesn’t make any sense.

Honestly, I see A.Simons as becoming something way more than a role player. In fact, I think he and Fultz would make a hell of a backcourt.

N.Little might not become so good but I don't see his ceiling as just a role player. He needs to find his rythm and addapt his game to NBA, but I accept it is quite arguable at this point. Still, I think he is worth the bet.

Also important, by moving A.Gordon we would let Isaac fall into the 4, where I believe he can more easily and naturally fulfill all his potential, which makes me ok to let Gordon go.

As for the others, yes, role players. But with short-term contracts so in case not really helping the team could eventually be moved.

Brown's poison-pill would be tough to swallow, agree. But I am confident someone more competent and with a deeper insight (Hello front-office!) could find a way to do it.

5 minutes ago, JayMac said:

Honestly, I see A.Simons as becoming something way more than a role player. In fact, I think he and Fultz would make a hell of a backcourt.

N.Little might not become so good but I don't see his ceiling as just a role player. He needs to find his rythm and addapt his game to NBA, but I accept it is quite arguable at this point. Still, I think he is worth the bet.

Also important, by moving A.Gordon we would let Isaac fall into the 4, where I believe he can more easily and naturally fulfill all his potential, which makes me ok to let Gordon go.

As for the others, yes, role players. But with short-term contracts so in case not really helping the team could eventually be moved.

Brown's poison-pill would be tough to swallow, agree. But I am confident someone more competent and with a deeper insight (Hello front-office!) could find a way to do it.

Neither Gordon or Isaac play a specific position. They both play on the perimeter and float on defense depending on matchups. What do you see changing with Isaac with no Gordon? 

53 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

Neither Gordon or Isaac play a specific position. They both play on the perimeter and float on defense depending on matchups. What do you see changing with Isaac with no Gordon? 

If we have Isaac on the 4, an hustling center (like some flashes that we've seen from Birch, and hopefully Bamba would be that guy) and an "ok-defender" as SF (could probably be N.Little, or even Jaylen Brown if we can dream higher ), I think we would be fine. We could even give some chances to guys that haven't seen any game time, like Amile Jeferson or BJ Johnson and see what we can really get from them. Not forgetting that later this season or even the next one, we will finally have Okeke available, so he too can become another option.

And on the offense, we would have Isaac more time with the ball which I think should be mandatory at the moment, instead of seeing Gordon forcing his drives as it has been happening quite frequently.