TrueMagicFan07

Magic Vs. Pacers - Sunday, Nov. 10th at 6:00 P.M.

As soon as we saw the potential in Isaac we should have let Vooch  walk and tried to trade Gordon and Fournier. Team would have been better served swinging and missing at Brogdon or any combo guard who can move without the ball. I would have used any asset we had to get a bruiser power forward and a cheaper stretch five. Then we could have experimented having Isaac play small ball 5 with a bruiser at 4 and Ross and hopefully some other acquired piece playing the 3 sometimes. Yes i would love to have a more traditional Small forward playing next to Isaac, they are very hard to get.Might want to draft one sometime. I guess that's Okeke next year?

• Downvote 2

21 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

As soon as we saw the potential in Isaac we should have let Vooch  walk and tried to trade Gordon and Fournier. Team would have been better served swinging and missing at Brogdon or any combo guard who can move without the ball. I would have used any asset we had to get a bruiser power forward and a cheaper stretch five. Then we could have experimented having Isaac play small ball 5 with a bruiser at 4 and Ross and hopefully some other acquired piece playing the 3 sometimes. Yes i would love to have a more traditional Small forward playing next to Isaac, they are very hard to get.Might want to draft one sometime. I guess that's Okeke next year?

Perhaps Okeke is the Gordon replacement.

• Like 1

I wanted Brogdon bad for this team, he would have been a great fit. As far as I’m concerned anybody not named Issac or Fultz is on the table. TRoss is good value if he’s hitting. 

9 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

I wanted Brogdon bad for this team, he would have been a great fit. As far as I’m concerned anybody not named Issac or Fultz is on the table. TRoss is good value if he’s hitting. 

Seems like a good deal now but just wait until his foot falls off

I know that we all want the Magic to have a winning record. Some of you are asking to trade some of our players. I don't mind that at all. But we need to be careful about trading away certain players like *cough* AG.

Post Dwight Howard, AG made a name for himself and for the Magic in his first slam dunk competition. (Olidipo) was also on the team at that time. So we had 2 Magic players that gave us an identity.

Now hold on, I know we need more from the player than being a good dunker. It is still early in the season.

The Magic does not have much recognition on a global scale, let alone in this country. Just about every team in the NBA has a player  or two that most people know about. I don't attend Magic games at home or away. But I am pretty sure that when AG steps out on the court, there are people in the stands who are saying, "There is AG and watch his every move".

Golden State is my second favorite team.  All of their starters and core players are injured. I don't recognize any of the Warriors' in-game  replacements, there is not much to get excited about. They have another Evan Fournier in DRuss.

I still watch when I can.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Magicpassion said:

1 hour ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Seems like a good deal now but just wait until his foot falls off

So-o-o funny, 4thewin!

m8PCYe.gif

EFfqyV.gif

11 hours ago, Catalina Maria said:

I think Fournier is back downvoting any comment that does not praise the current regime of suckage. Hoping they can still turn it around but geez I’m over Jeckyll and Hyde seasons. 

I have noticed that anything bad said about Fournier gets down voted. Funny you mentioned it. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

I know that we all want the Magic to have a winning record. Some of you are asking to trade some of our players. I don't mind that at all. But we need to be careful about trading away certain players like *cough* AG.

Post Dwight Howard, AG made a name for himself and for the Magic in his first slam dunk competition. (Olidipo) was also on the team at that time. So we had 2 Magic players that gave us an identity.

Now hold on, I know we need more from the player than being a good dunker. It is still early in the season.

The Magic does not have much recognition on a global scale, let alone in this country. Just about every team in the NBA has a player  or two that most people know about. I don't attend Magic games at home or away. But I am pretty sure that when AG steps out on the court, there are people in the stands who are saying, "There is AG and watch his every move".

Golden State is my second favorite team.  All of their starters and core players are injured. I don't recognize any of the Warriors' in-game  replacements, there is not much to get excited about. They have another Evan Fournier in DRuss.

I still watch when I can.

Good point. Ag is our fan draw now. That is important for an entertainment product. Fultz is now a 2nd draw as well. I really don't want to trade AG. I just feel every year he is close to breaking out. 

At 19mil, We need him to be an impact player. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, LaVar said:

At 19mil, We need him to be an impact player.

Last 5 games he's averaged 18ppg on 56% shooting. 

In fact, over the last 5 games Vucevic (19/13), Gordon, Fournier (48% from 3), and Isaac (13 ppg, 3.6 blocks) are giving us exactly what we need from them. It's the bench that's killing us. No shooting from dj. Not enough offense from Ross. Bamba, MCW, aminu are super inefficient simultaneously despite playing good to great defense. Need more from them. Sunday was the right game to play the starters 38 minutes with the next game not until Wednesday. 

5 hours ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Last 5 games he's averaged 18ppg on 56% shooting. 

In fact, over the last 5 games Vucevic (19/13), Gordon, Fournier (48% from 3), and Isaac (13 ppg, 3.6 blocks) are giving us exactly what we need from them. It's the bench that's killing us. No shooting from dj. Not enough offense from Ross. Bamba, MCW, aminu are super inefficient simultaneously despite playing good to great defense. Need more from them. Sunday was the right game to play the starters 38 minutes with the next game not until Wednesday. 

Yep. Cliff is way to rigid with his rotations and way too in love with the idea of having to play MCW's. If we must play MCW's, at least put him on whoever is lighting DJ up that particular night

30 minutes ago, magicblue said:

Yep. Cliff is way to rigid with his rotations and way too in love with the idea of having to play MCW's. If we must play MCW's, at least put him on whoever is lighting DJ up that particular night

Yeah. 

And if the bench can't score, double down on defense (I.e. bench DJ). We're fine if our bench can play opponents to a stand still. Just throw mcw-iwundu-aminu-Isaac-Bamba out there. If we go 3-14 but hold the opponents to 4-14 it's no big hurdle for the starters to overcome.