TrueMagicFan07

Magic Vs. Pacers - Sunday, Nov. 10th at 6:00 P.M.

We lost because our pick and roll defence was obliterated, it was awful which allowed them to hit an obscene number of midrange J's/floaters. Didn't help that Sabonis was allowed to set moving screens all match but refs let it go so Orlando should have done the same with their screens. Not happy with this loss. At home against a team missing 4 players and no fit centre. Sabonis did a really good job covering at the 5, he is really good at setting screens which I didn't realise.

On top of that, Clifford is still trying to play this 10 man rotation instead of 9. MCW has been great on the defensive end but offensively he offers nothing and has now jacked up shots the past few games to boot. He should not be shooting five 3's in a game. Those minutes come at a cost of Ross' minutes as well and he actually had a good game yesterday, hopefully now that knee injury looks to have gone he can be a bit more consistent with his scoring and his minutes go back up. If DJ is getting smoked on the pick and roll then thats when you should be bring MCW into the game, not at the 2/3 and eating up better players minutes.

Bamba is just a weird one atm, he's playing bad but we don't blow leads when he's out there so he's not costing us leads, strange.

Annoyed.

24 minutes ago, crisby pancakes said:

We lost because our pick and roll defence was obliterated, it was awful which allowed them to hit an obscene number of midrange J's/floaters. Didn't help that Sabonis was allowed to set moving screens all match but refs let it go so Orlando should have done the same with their screens. Not happy with this loss. At home against a team missing 4 players and no fit centre. Sabonis did a really good job covering at the 5, he is really good at setting screens which I didn't realise.

On top of that, Clifford is still trying to play this 10 man rotation instead of 9. MCW has been great on the defensive end but offensively he offers nothing and has now jacked up shots the past few games to boot. He should not be shooting five 3's in a game. Those minutes come at a cost of Ross' minutes as well and he actually had a good game yesterday, hopefully now that knee injury looks to have gone he can be a bit more consistent with his scoring and his minutes go back up. If DJ is getting smoked on the pick and roll then thats when you should be bring MCW into the game, not at the 2/3 and eating up better players minutes.

Bamba is just a weird one atm, he's playing bad but we don't blow leads when he's out there so he's not costing us leads, strange.

Annoyed.

Bamba doesn't play bad. He plays terrible and great simultaneously. The result is some mess that leaves you feeling like the game could collapse at any moment but it never does. It just sits there teetering on the edge. 

• Like 1

Guys, the real problem is too many Indians, not enough chiefs. I watched the game, saw the bad pick and roll defense.I saw the bad shots in the second half. 

I saw the weird rotations in the second half and i turned it off as we got torched by back-ups.We need some leaders out there.Clifford has weird rotations, but so did Vogel.

If i was coaching i wouldn't know what to do with these guys either. There are really no leaders on the team, more like 4 or 5 guys who think they are.Also too many guys good at many things, but not great at one thing.

guys need to play to their strengths AG MCW Aminu and Fultz cant shoot consistently take your 1 or 2 threes to keep the defense honest and thats it no more unless they are dropping.

1 hour ago, crisby pancakes said:

......Those minutes come at a cost of Ross' minutes as well and he actually had a good game yesterday, hopefully now that knee injury looks to have gone he can be a bit more consistent with his scoring and his minutes go back up.....

Ross, coming back from a sore knee, was on a very tight minute restriction.  He wasn’t going to get any more minutes last night.  

As bad as we’ve been so far, the Magic still have to keep in mind that it’s very early in the season.  Not worth pushing to win a game or two now at the expense of a longer term injury to one of our players.  Expect Ross to remain on limited minutes for awhile.  

As far as Fultz is concerned, we were all worried over the summer that he’d come out looking good but then start having problems with his shoulder again.  I’m sure the plan is to try and avoid that by keeping his minutes limited.  I imagine there was input from the medical staff about this before the season started.  That won’t change right away either.  

The guys on the radio saying the same things i say, same things i read on redditt. Why do we not draft or acquire scorers? Why did the Pacers get Brogdon and we didn't?

How does it feel to be beaten down by Sabonis, someone we drafted? Literally listening to this on the radio.

Edit. This loss is the worst by far because the Pacers lost Paul George and rebuilt around our former players. They had a good year last year and still decided to rebuild their entire line-up. Some might say they had too because of free agents on their team. So they lost the player who carried them when Oladipo was out.No problem, they got a younger version.

10 hours ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Markelle is on a minutes restriction. He's starting. We want him finishing halves. How would you split his 24 minutes so that they don't result in him sitting for so long?

Markelle is not in nba shape. He’s played, what, 20 games in 3 years? Cliff said he was gassed game one and asked to come out. It will be a long season, but he will be getting 30+ min before end of season. I was at the game last night; If Fultz could shoot 3’s, he could avg 18+ ppg, but they leave him open and try to take drives away, which gets in the way of easy buckets. Almost everything he makes inside is a difficult shot. But he is really good on offense, just needs time to meld.

Fournier hit a lot of big shots, Gordon too. We lost on defending the P/R and taking stupid shots end of third beginning of fourth. We seem gassed after 36 min....

Isaac is winning DPOY and maybe most improved.

1 minute ago, hootie249 said:

The guys on the radio saying the same things i say, same things i read on redditt. Why do we not draft or acquire scorers? Why did the Pacers get Brogdon and we didn't?

How does it feel to be beaten down by Sabonis, someone we drafted? Literally listening to this on the radio.

Which scorer should we have drafted?

The pacers got Brogdon because they had the cap space to sign Brogdon

The problem last night wasn't even offense. We had a fantastic offensive performance. Defense was garbage. 

• Upvote 1

Defense was horrible in the second half, however it started because everyone went cold again.The offensive frustration carried over to the defense. It's called panic, i watched them, they folded. Like i said no alphas they all know now nobody is going to take over. It starts to become a mental state.

I'm pretty sure you made a post about how we could have freed up 30 million, but only if we renounced Ross and Vooch. Yeah we all know that wasn't going to happen, too risky.

Just now, hootie249 said:

Defense was horrible in the second half, however it started because everyone went cold again.The offensive frustration carried over to the defense. It's called panic, i watched them, they folded. Like i said no alphas they all know now nobody is going to take over. It starts to become a mental state.

I'm pretty sure you made a post about how we could have freed up 30 million, but only if we renounced Ross and Vooch. Yeah we all know that wasn't going to happen, too risky.

The offense slid a bit because the defense was horrible. We do well attacking off missed shots and turnovers. When we don't get those it hampers us. 

I can't remember but the path to 30 required more than renouncing Vuc and Ross. It also required using our first rounder to dump mozgov or Fournier I think but I'm not sure. 

The Bucks couldn't  handle an extra 20 million after extending Bledsoe, but Malcom was restricted. The Pacers sent the bucks a first and second round pick in a sign and trade. 20 million dollars. We could have had 20 million, just renounce Ross and Vooch. Brogdon would have been awesome with Fultz. His minutes replace Ross's minutes. 

There is no loyalty in this league. I know Ross and Vooch had great years. The players aren't loyal, they move.Ownership is not loyal, they trade players, look at Blake Griffin and CP3. We need management with balls, they should have known we had second tier players and swung a trade.

Maybe we would have been lucky and signed Baynes like the Suns. He is filling in nicely for the suspended Ayton putting up same numbers or better then Vooch. He is playing on a one year 6 million contract.No more excuses, either the players we have play better or get rid of them.

Edit. Just want to add we were one of the hottest teams in the league last spring.Our players have never had more value. Our pick was in the mid teens, but still had value.The value was there, moves could have been made. Instead we drafted a player who is not playing for us and signed a defensive forward. 

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Bamba doesn't play bad. He plays terrible and great simultaneously. The result is some mess that leaves you feeling like the game could collapse at any moment but it never does. It just sits there teetering on the edge. 

Perfect description - as a fan very frustrating! As with Fultz , experience and proper coaching should bring some semblance of consistancy