TrueMagicFan07

Magic Vs. Pacers - Sunday, Nov. 10th at 6:00 P.M.

To put things in perspective, we just got handled at home as a healthy team against a team whose playoff position we were striving to take #4 seed and they were without two of their top players in Dipo and Turner. We better fix this s...!

9 minutes ago, Shine88 said:

Augustin is the worst. The guy dribbles too much. The offense never flows when he's on the court. Plus, he gets cooked on defense. 

Yep, I would pull him from the lineup. If he’s not shooting high percentage then he’s unplayable. What’s his contract? Expiring yeah? Good chance we get off him and Evan this year. 

• Upvote 1

MCW should backup Fultz and Iwundu should replace Augustin in the rotation. This needs to happen. It'll give our 2nd unit more length to be more disruptive on the defensive end.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Sitting for 13 straight minutes in second half. This f ing unacceptable.  Seriously dj playing 13 straight minutes r u just a straight up moron Clifford?

Markelle is on a minutes restriction. He's starting. We want him finishing halves. How would you split his 24 minutes so that they don't result in him sitting for so long?

1 hour ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Fultz is on a minute restriction. 

I wonder when that ends. He needs to play more. 

Does this kid look like he needs that?  He is arguably the most athletic guy on the court every game. And if he needs it he should not be sitting for 13 straight minutes. Reason being you do not want to sitting that long and your body gets tight and can cause injuries when you go back in. He should sit for 7 minutes tops!

This loss is on cliff, you can tell he's not comfortable with the 10 man rotation, but he keeps running it because of how much he likes mcw. The first half rotation looked great, Ag was the first one subbed out than came back in when the bench was in. But it seemed like cliff forgot he didn't put in aminu and took out ag like 2 minutes later. Then the second half we all saw what happened, just bad rotation and confusion from cliff is what it looked like to me 

I think Fultz minutes are fine, but the restrictions on his minutes should not be so set in stone that he can't play 4 more minutes when it is obvious that he is needed to win the game that night.

The problem is we are giving away every decent lead we get. It's not just the bench either. In multiple games we have gone into halftime with a lead around 10 and within the first few minutes of the 3rd  quarter it has completely evaporated. Players need to be accountable to their teammates, because they are hurting the team when they force shots or make mistakes due to lapses in concentration. Teammates don't appreciate when others squander their hard work and put all the pressure back on the guys who earned a lead to re-establish the rhythm that they had and then hit the same shots and make the same plays against the opponents who are now in a groove and more prepared not to let it happen again.

Cliff might need to make another change to the starting lineup to balance both units or he may need to go to mixed lineups period so no one feels slighted. And , I know that I am sounding like a broken record, but Iwundu needs to be worked into the lineup. Aminu certainly has not been good enough to take all the minutes from a player who does exactly what coach asks and was a key contributor on both ends all of last season. Iwundu has taken and missed several 3's in the limited minutes he has been given, but what does Cliff expect when Wes is not given the time to dial it in. The whole team aside from Fournier the last couple games has been missing 3's and they are not being played any less, why is Wes any different? You know that Cliff was the one who wanted Iwundu to add the 3's to his game this summer. We also didn't play him in the summer league, so the plan must have been to use him because he has proven himself. Wes is the player who should be defending perimeter players when the guards are having trouble. MCW is not always the answer despite playing well on defense for a couple stretches of games that we ultimately lost. MCW was effective last season because he played his defensive role well and didn't force his offense. It would be better to give Wes those shots that MCW is taking now. If one summer was enough to enable MCW to shoot 3's and add offense to his strong defense, then there is no way that he would have been available for so cheap. The dude has been in the NBA for several years and with several teams and he is always moved because he lacks consistency on both ends. I don't have a problem with MCW playing and I am even fine with Aminu, but not if playing those guys means Iwundu doesn't then Cliff has lost his mind. Aminu does need to carve out a much bigger role with what we're paying him. So far he has done about as much as Jefferson or Magette and has to do more.     

5 hours ago, J-Mac said:

This loss is on cliff, you can tell he's not comfortable with the 10 man rotation, but he keeps running it because of how much he likes mcw. The first half rotation looked great, Ag was the first one subbed out than came back in when the bench was in. But it seemed like cliff forgot he didn't put in aminu and took out ag like 2 minutes later. Then the second half we all saw what happened, just bad rotation and confusion from cliff is what it looked like to me 

I think the reason we lost was our inability to defend the pick and roll in the 4th. I give their center a lot of credit. He sets a mean screen. They were hitting their shots and we didn't have an answer for it.  We aren't good enough offensively to dig ourselves out of a hole very quickly, so once they got a good lead on us it was easy for them to close out the game. 

What I don’t get is in camp Weltman said Markelle was good to go, no restrictions. Now we’re hearing he’s on a strict 24mpg regimen. As someone else just said, if he’s feeling good enough to play 24 he shouldn’t have any trouble asking 6-8 more minutes on a given night when need be. Here’s the other thing. If we’re gonna play him 24 then maximize that time by running high screen and rolls and let him be a monster during that time. We started out the game last night running that  and it looked unstoppable and then Cliff immediately stop running it. If the ****s working, make them stop it! Brogdan ran the same pick and roll and hit 3-4 shots straight from the exact same spot and don’t even get me started on McConnell in the 4th just abusing DJ. If something is working, run the **** out of it and at the very least don’t relegate our most dynamic offensive player to the dude who brings the ball up court, hands it off to Fournier, and then goes and stands in the corner. If you’re going to, then there’s no reason he should be on minute restriction. He’s not going to injure himself dribbling the ball up court. Unleash Fultz!